•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AAA Championship: Belfry 3 Wayne Co 0
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congratulations to the Pirates and all the coaches for a great year. Thanks for providing all the entertainment and joy during this season. I looked forward to every Friday you played to follow you and cheer you on. And what about the year Coach Haywood has had. Talk about being blessed. The 3A State Football Championship, National Coach of the Year. Wow! I'm happy to know such a fine man and to have known him for many years. God continue to Bless You, Philip and Linda!
CONGRATULATIONS BELFRY PIRATES FOOTBALL & COACHES MAN WHAT A SEASON AND NOW WE ARE FINALLY 3A STATE CHAMPS WOW THANK YOU!

Wayne county you guys are the real deal one of the best games I have ever seen be proud you have nothing to hang your heads about.

Congrats to both teams what a game WOW

WAY TO GO PIRATES:1: ConfusedingleparTongueirateSho
Awesome game. Congratulations to both teams!!
Congrats to the Belfry Pirates!!! I'm really at a lose of words right now. Been many years trying to accomplish the task of winning a 3A title. You young men have made our community proud. Awesome year with an amazing ending to it. Thank you.
Wayne County..thank you also for a finals game to remember. Raise your heads and walk proud young men. You left it all on the field of battle. Congrats to you also and good luck in the future.
Congratulations Belfry Pirates and Pond Creek Nation!!!! What a wonderful defensive battle!

Wayne County was more than I thought they'd be! Their speed and defense and the QB were all amazing!! Great job Wayne County!!

And now, how do you end the season anymore perfectly?? A season that saw Coach Haywood receive national recognition, and to bring home the state title.....children it just don't get any better than this!!!

Thank you for including me in your journey PCN!! It truly was incredible!!!

Belfry Pirates
2013 AAA State Football Champions
Congrats Belfry! Way to represent the mountain boys. SC loves ya

TongueirateSho
A big congrats to my Belfry pirates. I really don't even know where to start. A couple bad calls in my book but not gonna dwell on that. These boys deserved this championship and I'm so glad I was able to be there. Wayne co. you def deserved to be there and I would bet that you will be back. Don't hang your heads and keep working but for the time being THE BELFRY PIRATES ARE BRINGING THE GOLD BACK TO POND CREEK BABY. 3A STATE CHAMPS. CONGRATS HAYWOOD AND THE BELFRY PIRATES. HEY BUCSLOVER, really enjoyed the time we was able to spend chatting over the last two days. It just makes it that much more special to be in the stands that you have cheered with all season long. WAY TO GO BELFRY!!!!!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:First off... much respect to Wayne County. What a darn fine defense! They did things to Belfry that no other 3A team has EVER done...even stouter than Central. They played their butt off and there is absolutely no denying these were 2 very evenly matched teams.

Belfry Freshman.... Woolum with the 35 yard FG... Hall sealing it with the INT... great games by Bentley and Horton as Belfry utterly shuts down the Wayne run game and does what no other team could do and stop their offense

So proud of these Belfry Seniors...4 trips to BG and they finally FINISH THE JOB

The lack of a running game hurt Wayne Co., but they have relied upon their passing game all year and it brought them to the dance.

Congrats to the Pirates!
:1:Belfry state champions :1::rockon::1:Confusedinglepar
Congratulations to Belfry from 64SUR :Cheerlead
congrats to me for not going this yr and u guys winning it all, I should have stayed home the last 2 anyways, the 1st time I don't think it mattered,lol, again the coaches and players step up and shut down another team that scored a lot of points this yr..
Wow, what a game!!!

Congrats to both teams but a special congrats to my Pirates.

Awesome job by the coaches, players, and everyone involved.

Wayne had a great team, year, and fan base. It's a shame either team had to lose.
I wasn't going to do it, but a big shout out to my nephew Austin Woolum!!! I told him yesterday morning before he left that he was going to kick the game winning field goal as a sort of encouraging moment. Danged if he didn't do it. I'm proud of you bud. Keep life infront of you and your eyes on the goal in everything you do. Very proud!
Yes, Austin Woolum, in my eyes the player of the game. The freshman leg got it done and won the championship for the pirates. Congrats young man. And protect that leg.
I thought they were making bridesmaid dresses again!! Finally got hitched!! Good job belfry you stopped a Wayne team that was on a mission. I think the inexperienced coaching staff made a bad call. If you get a chance to hang 3 on the board against a team like Belfry you better take it!! Awesome game by two awesome teams!! Guffey is still a stud!!
First off, Congrats to both teams. These are the types of games we live for. A DAMN FINE defensive battle in harsh conditions.

Secondly, congrats to Belfry. Especially to the seniors! After three straight disappointments in the title game, they kept working their butts off and capped off their career by finally earning themselves rings.

Lastly, to Wayne County, Keep your heads up. You have an excellent team and put up a very valiant effort.
Great Job Pirates!!!!!
Go Big Red! Wrote:I thought they were making bridesmaid dresses again!! Finally got hitched!! Good job belfry you stopped a Wayne team that was on a mission. I think the inexperienced coaching staff made a bad call. If you get a chance to hang 3 on the board against a team like Belfry you better take it!! Awesome game by two awesome teams!! Guffey is still a stud!!

that's good coming from u,since all week Belfry couldn't stop Guffey, this is the best quote u made about Belfry getting embrassed.

Go ahead and start getting Guffey's ring sized!! Belfry has no chance!! The belfry boys will get embarrassed!! He runs over corners and d-backs like speed bumps!! If the lineman don't hit him high they can forget about it
He's a true mr football candidate!! Nothing against Belfry they have a awesome football program just think Wayne is having on of those once in lifetime seasons. Good luck to both teams!!
Congrats to Belfry. I'm always for the mountain teams but liked this Wayne bunch after seeing them the last couple of years. The Cardinals had a great season.
I'm glad I got to see this game live. Most people said this would be the best game of the weekend and boy were they right. It was nasty weather and that played well for Belfry. Both teams left everything on the field and it's a shame someone had to lose, but Belfry was the better team today. It was an old fashioned slobber knocker and fun to watch.
Congrats to Belfry from Harlan County!!!
Way to go guys, Congrats to the team and Coach Haywood. Glad someone brought it home to the East Smile.
According to Mike Fields, Wayne County was shut out for the first time in 49 games, dating back to the 2009 playoffs.

http://fieldsnotes.bloginky.com/2013/12/...e/#wgt=rss
Congrat's to the Pond Creek Nation! :Clap:
Congrats to coach Haywood and the Pirates!
Congrats to the Belfry Pirates and Pond Creek Nation..
Great Football game . Congrats Belfry.
Congrats to Belfry. I had Wayne tagged since last year to take home the state title but you guys never cease to amaze me.
Nice finishing touch on a year where Haywood won the coaching thing.

I would have really of like to seen this game play on a good sunny day. These are both special teams, and if it weren't for 2A and 3A football, the state championship week would be a complete bore most years. Its games like these that we should see in the state championship.

Once again, congrats Belfry. You got another one.
Congrats to the whole Pirate Nation!!
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next