Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: AAA Championship: Belfry 3 Wayne Co 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Wow! More thoughts to come! Defensive war!
Congrats Belfry!
What about them Pirates
Congrats to Belfry.
Belfry tried to throw this one away but just wasn't able to this time. Nice job Belfry. Keep your heads up Wayne.
What a game! Defensive battle. Both teams leave points on the field.

Congrats Pirates!!! So proud of you guys.

Wayne Co. Congrats on an amazing season.

To the non Wayne fans who said Wayne Co and Guffey would be too much...how do you like your crow fried or grilled?
Haywood gushing with pried right now, very rarely hear that much emotion in his voice.
Guffey not so Tuffey
First off... much respect to Wayne County. What a darn fine defense! They did things to Belfry that no other 3A team has EVER done...even stouter than Central. They played their butt off and there is absolutely no denying these were 2 very evenly matched teams.

Belfry Freshman.... Woolum with the 35 yard FG... Hall sealing it with the INT... great games by Bentley and Horton as Belfry utterly shuts down the Wayne run game and does what no other team could do and stop their offense

So proud of these Belfry Seniors...4 trips to BG and they finally FINISH THE JOB
g8 game by both, so lets don't get into what ifs...well that's 1 st on the 10yr anniversary, lets get another next yr...
Defense: it wins championships.

Congrats, Pirates!
Grilled please and really would have like to seen this game in good weather
Unbelieveable defensive effort by the Pirates! To pitch a shutout in this type of game....against a good quarterback like Guffey is a testament to the kids and coaching staff!
Warthog Wrote:Guffey not so Tuffey

Guffey played excellently. Anyone that watched the game, foe or friend will tell you. His throws were great, and receivers dropped wet balls, or Belfry's defense was just so tight on them it rattled the receiver, but Guffey was plenty tough. Bad weather for a championship game unfortunately, which always turns into a defensive battle. Your ground team is usually going to win these.
Champs! Just enjoy it Belfry (Mountain) fans!

So happy for those Seniors
Between the defenses and the ugly weather, it made for a 1940's era kind of football game.

3 points were enough !! :Cheerlead
Congratulations to Belfry on your state championship and Congratulations to Wayne County on a great season.
Warthog Wrote:Guffey not so Tuffey

Guffey played a good game. His receivers let him down a few times today.

Wayne Co Defense was excellent.
Belfry's defense was so solid this game, it was awesome to watch. Wayne's team played solid defense as well, and Belfry controlled the time of possession. In my opinion this was as good a game as I've saw in high-school football. Seems Belfry is in a lot of these. Unless Central pulls a lot of studs (and I'm sure they will) this may be Belfry Wayne again next year. Wayne has some stud juniors and sophomores, and Belfry has one of the best freshman classes in the state.
Both teams played all out. Hate to see a loser but,

BELFRY - wear that ring proudly! State champs!
Guffey has my respect... this was a special Wayne team who I really fell in love with this year. Loved the way they played and how they bought in as a team.

The Cards have my respect and I get the feeling this wont be their last trip to BG.
where is GO BIG RED and MATT DILLION?
Well I'm pretty glad to say...at least we got knocked out of the playoffs by the new Class 3A state champions...the Belfry Pirates.

We are really proud of you guys, you always represent the mountains with class & dignity.

Congratulations.

Wayne County has nothing to hang their heads about, that was absolutely a fantastic game...they were in it until the very end, they've got a great foundation and will be good to great for the foreseeable future.

Whew...I'm outta breath after that game, very tense.

Well, looking forward to our battles next season Pirate faithful. Wink
yes! yes! yes! yes!
I heard Wayne had 17 senior starters. Belfry also graduates a LOT. 3A will be great next year.

I hope all Belfry fans make it home safe.
Congratulations Belfry and to the pond creek Nation. TongueirateSho:1:
Oh man...my kid was at the game and just got a call from him. Poor guy. If UK loses tonight he may quit following sports. For a minute at least.

Great game....proud of my Cards. Hope to see you boys next year.
Congratulations to the Belfry Pirates for winning the 3A State
Championship game !!!!!!

Also congrats to Wayne County on a well played game !!!
Congrats to the pirates.
Way to go Pirates! Returning the championship to the mountains and the Pond Creek Nation!

Congratulations to Wayne Co on a great season.

Are the boys coming home tonight? If so I'll be there waiting on them!
Safe travels all around! Any guess on when the team will be home?

Go Big Red!

2013 AAA State Champions!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8