•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield 42 Williamsburg 0
adopted purple Wrote:How do you know they would have scored. Williamsburg was there for a reason. They beat all of you other guys. It's a little late to be whining. It's fans like you that make it hard to root for your Panthers.

Football is a game of match ups and any given team can be beat on any given night. But I am thinking were Pikeville and Hazard were both kinda balanced they would of faired a better chance...
EKUAlum05 Wrote:The area... Mayfield is by no means a metropolis... but the Paducah/Mayfield area is a fairly populous area with several schools traditionally to draw from (Used to be you had Heath, Tilghman, Mayfield, Lone Oak, Grave County, and Reidland). Obviously consolidation has changed that, but it doesn't change the fact that if you are a young parent and have a son and want him to excel in academics or athletics which school district out of those would you choose to live in?

We are 25 miles from Paducah and you don't get any kids comming over from McCracken schools, if anything we occasionally lose a kid who's family moves to Paducah. Some Graves kids do and vise versa, our projected starting RB this year left Mayfield and enrolled ar Graves.

I too have often wondered how this program has been a constant Blue Blood. There are alot of factors but the tradition is the foundation. At Mayfield kids grow up wanting to be a Cardinal football player just like their fathers and grandfathers. This makes dedication to achieving greatness easy and it snowballs with community support, great coaches ( its a very desirable job and getting a great head coach is easy and assistants, I could go on and on.
mayfield_9 Wrote:If they were satisfied with beating Hazard, they sure didn't show it by beating Raceland 34-7. Where was the letdown last week?

Raceland was satisfied with beating Pikeville and a 4 hr trip to Williamsburg probably played a factor as well.... Both Williamsburg and Raceland got over humps and really one of them had to win and it was the home team..
bac2369 Wrote:Football is a game of match ups and any given team can be beat on any given night. But I am thinking were Pikeville and Hazard were both kinda balanced they would of faired a better chance...

Nope .. no chance.. there u go bac thinking again... now if half our team was hurt(2011) hazard mighta stood a chance..
1. Congrats to Mayfield on another state title.
2. Congrats to Williamsburg on making it to there first state title game.
3. both teams have a great year.
Mayfieldsportsfan, I am so very glad yall were able to share that. Your boys have heart and are great kids because of their parents. I want you to know we cards love your family and have been thinking about you since we got the word. If there is anything I can do please let me know.
ontopofthewest Wrote:Nope .. no chance.. there u go bac thinking again... now if half our team was hurt(2011) hazard mighta stood a chance..

Laugh out Loud.... Hazard wasn't satisfied with there performance in 2010 and I think that team was a little better than what the score was in 2010... But was you at todays game it was almost much like the Hazard and Mayfield game in 2010, But I think hazard had almost 300 yards in that game and even if there score was on the jv of Mayfield.. But hazard moved the ball in that game but you cant turn the ball over like they did..
I sense a trend here. Mayfield blows out a 14-0 Hazard team in 2010. Mayfield blows out a 14-0 Fairview team in 2012. Mayfield blows out an 11-2 Williamsburg team in 2013. Then after each one of those games someone comes onand says, they would have been in the game if only they didn't commit so many turnovers and penalties. Could it be that maybe, just maybe, they commit so many turnovers and penalties because they are having to work so much harder to do something against a surperior defense. A defense that is very fast, brings many hats to the ball and hits harder than any of the others they have faced. Just a thought.
bac2369 Wrote:Laugh out Loud.... Hazard wasn't satisfied with there performance in 2010 and I think that team was a little better than what the score was in 2010... But was you at todays game it was almost much like the Hazard and Mayfield game in 2010, But I think hazard had almost 300 yards in that game and even if there score was on the jv of Mayfield.. But hazard moved the ball in that game but you cant turn the ball over like they did..

Laugh my Ass Off..... 21-7 a unsuperior burg put a whippin on u .. I was at the game today.. not sayin hazard would not move the ball.. but hazard would not move the ball! First off these seniors have a tainted taste from hazard.. that alone carries enough despite to fireup our d. After four possesions the staff new this game was bagged and any body else watchin too.. starters and a laxed game persude from there allowing experience for upcoming kids and the enjoyment of being on the carpet.. our d was much more a anti run d than anti passing.. them duke boys woulda never come close to stopin our offence...on a dry night x4 on the proformance if needed..
2010 was a diff team than the one that played today.. this d woulda been a lil better than the one thst took the field in10' imo ...wise one...ya games were similar but in 2010 Hazard was better than burg.. this year burg won... ur tryin to argue that burg was much better than their performance today... well so was mayfield.. did u see the game? Or are u arguing that hazard was better but just couldnt score in 2010? Eitherway.. hazard does no better today
Watching Mayfields game, delayed, they really have a top notch team in the state, not just 1A.
TEAM STATISTICS
Willamsburg — First downs: 10.
Rushing attempts-yards: 30-72.
Passing-yards:93.
Total yards: 165.
Penalties-yards:6-50.
Fumbles-lost: 1-1.

Mayfield — First downs: 17.
Rushing attempts-yards: 33-205.
Passing-yards: 213.
Total yards: 418.
Penalties-yards:7-55.
Fumbles-lost: 3-1.

INDIVIDUAL LEADERS
Rushing —
Willamsburg: Chase Lowrie
4-37, Jeff Patrick 3-23, Dalton Seizmore
21-44, Alex Smith 1-(-2), Austin Huskey
1-(-2).
Mayfield: Trajon Bright 8-129, Stuart
Mills 8-46, Alfred Capuano 5-42, Johnny
Hernandez 3-27, Deion Jackson 1-11, Jil
Wimberly 2-(-1), Jake Guhy 1-(-4), Landon
Arnett 2-(-7).

Passing —
Williamsburg: Dalton Seizmore 7-22-93.
Mayfield: Jake Guhy 14-19-213.

Receiving —
Williamsburg: Corey Shelton
4-54, Chase Lowrie 2-35, Jeff Patrick1-4.
Mayfield: Deion Jackson 6-139, Marshall
Bacon 5-56, Dylan Reed 2-17, Lane
Kennemore 1-1.
Mayfield is the total package. They put together a great team year in and year out. I still hope to get another shot at them next year.
No ifs and buts from Williamsburg fans we got whipped. We handed out whippings for 9 weeks prior to that and took ours yesterday. We are not we didn't make but coulda did a better job if we did. We will admit when we get whipped. Its odd Raceland is not crying. Only 1 Pikeville fan and 1 Hazard fan. The rest of their fans have been there and respect teams who make it.
The burg will regroup. This will make them stronger. They now have experience on the big stage and know what they have to work on.
E's Army Wrote:Mayfield is the total package. They put together a great team year in and year out. I still hope to get another shot at them next year.

The Jackets have everything in place to make a big run next year. Congrats on a great season.
bac2369 Wrote:Football is a game of match ups and any given team can be beat on any given night. But I am thinking were Pikeville and Hazard were both kinda balanced they would of faired a better chance...

We match up well with hazard do I need to say anything else,:dontthink :dontthink :dontthink
I was given the most important job of anyone outside of Jake Guhy yesterday. The coaches ask me to guard the water cooler. A secret agent had reports that a guy going by the name 64 was going to try and steal our prized water and it was my job to thwart the atempt which I am proud to report I did
Congrats to the Cards once again. Your defense was really outstanding in this game. Hope one day to see my Pikeville Panthers playing y'all in BG. Williamsburg, you've had a great season, and just to make it to BG is quiet an honor. 64, you are one die hard fan, and have been true to your Jackets all season. Respect you for that. :Thumbs:
ontopofthewest Wrote:Laugh my Ass Off..... 21-7 a unsuperior burg put a whippin on u .. I was at the game today.. not sayin hazard would not move the ball.. but hazard would not move the ball! First off these seniors have a tainted taste from hazard.. that alone carries enough despite to fireup our d. After four possesions the staff new this game was bagged and any body else watchin too.. starters and a laxed game persude from there allowing experience for upcoming kids and the enjoyment of being on the carpet.. our d was much more a anti run d than anti passing.. them duke boys woulda never come close to stopin our offence...on a dry night x4 on the proformance if needed..
2010 was a diff team than the one that played today.. this d woulda been a lil better than the one thst took the field in10' imo ...wise one...ya games were similar but in 2010 Hazard was better than burg.. this year burg won... ur tryin to argue that burg was much better than their performance today... well so was mayfield.. did u see the game? Or are u arguing that hazard was better but just couldnt score in 2010? Eitherway.. hazard does no better today

Yea Williamsburg in the hazard game marched down the field the first series then hazard give up very short field on two other scores.. Hazard had to march the field as they were usually atleast 70 yards away. while Williamsburg mainly started around 40 yards away... Hazard defense this year could of stopped Mayfield but I don't think they could of beat Mayfield..But I do think they would of been more competitive.. Im not arguing that they were much better in there performance but I figured they would atleast scored.. Heck they couldn't score from 5 yards out. No I didn't.. Hazard was better in 2010 than what the score said but hazard ran into a buzzsaw that day. But so whats the thoughts on Mayfield for next year and whos going to have to set up.
Congratulations to Williamsburg on a great season!
bac2369 Wrote:so whats the thoughts on Mayfield for next year and whos going to have to set up.

We will be sending out feelers for a new QB, all applicants from across the state are welcome to apply. The applicants will need to get their resumes in early though as the coaches will be looking to make their choice soon. Outside needing a qb I think we will be in pretty good shape :devilflam
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:What a joke statement. How in the h&ll do you people become mods. Mayfield is no where close to the best team in those other classes. Mayfield wouldn't beat the top 8 2A teams. Trolls must be overpopulated this time of year, seems to be a lot of em around.

I state facts. Some people can't deal with them. Mayfield is the best team in 1A, 2A, 3A, and 5A.
If our Freshman qb matures right over the summer, we will be fine. I think we have more options next year. We have lots of talent growing up now. I could see our 3rd or 4th back next year being good enough to start for most teams. We will have huge linemen to choose from. I feel good. We will take some early season loses but we will mature and could be right back in BG next year.
Well...we graduate a large group of seniors.. 18... we lose a lot of playmakers on both sides of the ball..to most teams this would be a nail in the coffin...... mills, jackson, crumble, guy, our line will suffer losses on D an O.....next year will be a young team but this years depth will insure mayfield with another highly favored team.. qb spot will be up in the air.. are back up. Qb arrnett from this year avg kid imo. or take chances with freashman allstar qb Fox... Fox has incridible speed, arm and smarts... he has the total package.. but will be a freshman.. imo he will deff be the qb and surely coach joe will see this.. we bring in a group of kids. From 8th grade that are studs.. couple kids played on east vs west allstar game... next few years.. ya... the cubbard is not empty.. in fact .. it maybe more full than ever.. cant wait to see this years 8th graders an evn 7th graders enter into the high school.. next year we will rely on our running game more as several blazin backs step up.. freshman trajon bright will be a year older an should put on some size... Alfred c. Should step up as a second back... as fb 6'2 225. Hernandez will return.. power and speed.. passing. Game maybe weak at first but should greatly increase after next season.. mayfield may have a threat that they have never had..... and it could prove to be deadly... if fox gets the job he will mostlikly be the fastest qb mayfield has ever had.. watch out run option... the lines should be more than enough... it going to be a great next few years hear in cardinal country...
bac2369 Wrote:There team goal for the season was to beat Hazard and they did..

No bac2369 our goal was to go to the State Championship and beat Mayfield,We came up 43pts short.You know nothing about Williamsburg goal.I will tell you now Williamsburg goal for 2014 is to return an kick Mayfield :moon:
64SUR Wrote:No bac2369 our goal was to go to the State Championship and beat Mayfield,We came up 43pts short.You know nothing about Williamsburg goal.I will tell you now Williamsburg goal for 2014 is to return an kick Mayfield :moon:

Williamsburg is not close to the same level as Mayfield.
Here is something I witnessed near the end of the game, which I feel is a telling fact about how Mayfield is able to "reload" every year. As the clock was winding down in the 4th quarter, I noticed several young men, all who have graduated within the last few years, standing on the front row of the stands in the rain. Before the game came to an end, our offensive coordinator ran up to these former players and proceeded to shake their hands and give them hugs. My feelings is, he was thanking these guys for the example given to the next generation of Cardinal players. Experience is one thing, but TRADITION is everything!
Killer in the Sun Wrote:Williamsburg is not close to the same level as Mayfield.

I never said anything about Mayfield level killer,But if we make it back in 2014 i'm sure we will try an kick Mayfield butt. :HitWall:
64SUR Wrote:I never said anything about Mayfield level killer,But if we make it back in 2014 i'm sure we will try an kick Mayfield butt. :HitWall:

U have no chance, I have stashed the secret water where no one else can get any:1:
On a serious note, I watched it in person and watched a replay and somthing stands out. SPEED, this stoud out against Fairview and Hazard in those previous wins as well.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next