• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield 42 Williamsburg 0
Final
Like the Weather Channel.

It was all Mayfield, all the time.

Congrats to Cardinals and to Williamsburg on their first trip to the State Final. Nothing to hang your heads down here. Great season.
Congrats Cardinals on another State Title. Very, very good team on the field today.
Congrats to Mayfield on yet another title!!:Thumbs:
How many state titles does Mayfield own now?
Williamsburg had a hell of a season, big congratulations to them for a great, great season.

Mayfield was just too much beast to handle unfortunately.

Big congratulations to the Mayfield Cardinals, very well deserved.
Congrats Mayfield, very impressive performance
Very impressive Mayfield team, from what I could tell on the live feeds!! Congratulations on your state title!

Also, congratulations to 64SUR and Williamsburg. First time playing for in a state title game, great send off for your Seniors!!

Safe travels, everyone!!!
Congrats to Mayfield on another title. Also congrats to Williamsburg for a heck of a season, nothing to hang their heads over.
Congratulations on a good season Williamsburg and Congratulations on your state title Mayfield.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:How many state titles does Mayfield own now?

8 wins out of 12 trips I do believe.

I just went and checked and it is 10 wins counting today out of 17 trips.
This is their 10th

1977, 1978, 1985, 1986, 1993, 1995, 2002, 2010, 2012 and now 2013
This game went about like I thought. Mayfield's line was just too good. Williamsburg played their hearts out but they were just over matched.

This is Mayfield's 10th title
AtlPirateFan Wrote:This is their 10th

1977, 1978, 1985, 1986, 1993, 1995, 2002, 2010, 2012 and now 2013

Thank you.

NKY has Highlands.
WKY has Mayfield.
congrats to both and Mayfield for winning, I hope there the only cards winning today..
I think Williamsburg was content with just beating hazard finally..
Congrats Williamsburg on your 1st State Championship game and a terrific season.

Big Congrats to Mayfield on yet another State Championship.

Mayfield was flat out better all over the field. Very impressive team.
bac2369 Wrote:I think Williamsburg was content with just beating hazard finally..

No. From what I could see, after hitting the refresh button a 1,000 times, Mayfield was simply that much better than Williamsburg. No comparison between the two teams.
No team in 1A from the East would have fared much better
A couple days ago I predicted Mayfield by 2-3 TD's if Williamsburg had Griffith and it could get ugly without him. After watching this game i think Mayfield could have had a running clock if Skylar did play. I dont think it would have got out of hand as fast as it did, but ultimately williamsburg would not be able to hang with them. And i know williamsburg didnt play close to their potential or best ball, but mayfield was in cruise control by the second qtr, they could have scored as many as they wanted.
Just currious, how does a small school like Mayfield get such good athletes to get to the championship game and win so often?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:No team in 1A from the East would have fared much better

I disagree... I believe hazard would of still lost if they made it but I don't think Mayfield puts a running clock.. Hazard could of tried to control the clock with jones running it and try to minimize mayfields possesions..
bac2369 Wrote:I disagree... I believe hazard would of still lost if they made it but I don't think Mayfield puts a running clock.. Hazard could of tried to control the clock with jones running it and try to minimize mayfields possesions..

Williamsburg style of play caught up with them. You cant have 3 and outs taking less than a minute of time off the clock every series against a team like Mayfield.
Exactly... Hard to be really one dimensional and not have a good running game to go with your passing game..
mightydog Wrote:Just currious, how does a small school like Mansfield get such good athletes to get to the championship game and win do often?

Talent pool, program, and tradition:

Have the athletes around you
Have the program to develop them
Have the tradition to keep numbers up and the desire to strive for excellence
Williamsburg picked up a couple first downs on some good rushing plays, but Herron doesnt havethe patience to try and move the ball down the field 3-4 yards at a time.
bac2369 Wrote:I disagree... I believe hazard would of still lost if they made it but I don't think Mayfield puts a running clock.. Hazard could of tried to control the clock with jones running it and try to minimize mayfields possesions..

Mayfield was scoring on one play drives. Not sure how many times you have the ball but when a team scores that fast, ball control goes out the window.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Williamsburg picked up a couple first downs on some good rushing plays, but Herron doesnt havethe patience to try and move the ball down the field 3-4 yards at a time.

By the time they did, it was game over already.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Talent pool, program, and tradition:

Have the athletes around you
Have the program to develop them
Have the tradition to keep numbers up and the desire to strive for excellence

Where do the athletes come from? Hard to believe that many athletes with both speed for the skill positions and size for the line are in a small school year after year.
Hatz Wrote:Mayfield was scoring on one play drives. Not sure how many times you have the ball but when a team scores that fast, ball control goes out the window.

Technically if you only have 2 possessions a qtr you can only score 2 times whether it be on the firdt play or not (with exception of Def TD's), compared to 5-6 possessions a qtr....
  • 1(current)
  • Next