Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Stadiums in Eastern Kentucky
There isn't any way that P-Ville's stadium is in the top5 because they only have one set of stands. Here's the way Isee it:

1. TECO Feild- cause they have the new terf, and good seats
2. CAM Stadium- cause it has a great atmosphere
3. Ashland- Cause it looks like Ohio ST. (horse shoe)
4. P-Burg-good parking
5.LCC- new stadium (only 2 yrs. old) Jumbo Tron, nice turf
Letcher Central has a nice setup as well, but there is no room for parking or seating for the visiting team...
Well P-ville is the same about the seating
Have to go with Belfry.
If we were just talking about an empty field, stands, lockerrooms, parking lot, etc., I would rank them in this order.

1. Belfry
2. Letcher Co.
3. Shelby Valley
4. Putnam Stadium - Ashland
5. Henry R. Evans Stadium - Russell

If you inlcude the atmosphere of the game, fans in the stands, visitor seating, and visitor lockerroms, I would rank them like this.

1. Belfry
2. Putnam Stadium - Ashland
3. Henry R. Evans Stadium
4. Pikeville
5. Letcher County
Gotta Go with Putnam. Love the Horse Shoe/Bowl look. Awesome Atmosphere. And you know the teams can hear and feel the fans on the field as close as you are.
I think that Sheldon Clark has a wonderful stadium in "The Rock" (sarcasm)
Sheldon Clark doesnt really have a bad place to play, but man do they ever need some lighting.. that is one of the darkest stadiums I have ever been to.
blackcat_student Wrote:Agreed 100% ! Then I'd say:

1)Pikeville- Because of the Turf and the Park and Baseball field.
2)Ashland- The Horseshoe Shaped Stadium Its Awesome!
3)Belfry- Dual Sided Bleachers and they actually have some Parking unlike Vipperman !
4)Prestonsburg- Its in town, and has some really good parking !
5)Shelby Valley- The Turf, and is much like Pburgs but it also has the hill in the end zone saying "Wildcats" !

How bout Russell?
Belfry, Russell, Ashland. I haven't been to a few of the stadiums mentioned above so I have to go with these 3.
East Kentucky has some great places in which to play/watch high school football games. There are several places I enjoy going but the fans make the facility IMO.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Ref Devil Wrote:How bout Russell?

I've never seen Russell's Stadium or Field !
blackcat_student Wrote:I've never seen Russell's Stadium or Field !

I liked it last year. It had a rich history to it!
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
prestonsburg and belfrys definatley
Somerset's Clark Field should be mentioned
TOMCAT06 Wrote:Ashland tomcat's putnam stadium for sure!!

Here's a lob for you FBALL. Hit it out of the park.
Belfry_99 Wrote:Sheldon Clark doesnt really have a bad place to play, but man do they ever need some lighting.. that is one of the darkest stadiums I have ever been to.

and some parking ... last week we had to park in the ditch ....
Belfry then Shelby Valley
Playing in Putnam Stadium is something I'll never forget. The atmosphere, the field, everything about it is amazing and it's a great place to come for a Friday night game!

I've heard a lot about Belfry and Pikeville's stadiums on here, but I've never had the oppurtunity to see their stadium. Does anyone have a picture they can post?
Midee1 Wrote:Here's a lob for you FBALL. Hit it out of the park.

Swing and miss.

Lets just say its not one of my favorites.
Putnam is #1 in my book..HANDS DOWN..Love the Old School look!
TOMCAT06 Wrote:Ashland tomcat's putnam stadium for sure!!

:thumpsup: I will second that!!

Pikeville has a nice field, but otherwise, it is just like all the others. Belfry's should be one of the nicest. Maybe Johnson Central if they get their new one. But as of right now, I think Putnam offers as much as any of the others! History, two-sided seating (which is a must), and convenience. If they had a turf field it would rock.
Putnam Stadium
Visitors lockeroom is like a dungeon.
Pressbox is too small, visiting coaches are placed in a crows nest just above the crowd on the visitors side.
No Parking.
Two sided seating but still very cramped and crowded.

To each his own.
I like Putman alot but this year I felt they let it go down a little bit from the last time I was there when Beach played. But that is no knock on it cause it is nice stadium and has a real nice atmosphere. I feel we have some of the nicest around beautiful facilities, plenty of seats, lighting is great, and most of all good parking.
If you got some pics of these stadiums post em ive never been to a bunch of them.
EKY Sportster Wrote::thumpsup: I will second that!!

Pikeville has a nice field, but otherwise, it is just like all the others. Belfry's should be one of the nicest. Maybe Johnson Central if they get their new one. But as of right now, I think Putnam offers as much as any of the others! History, two-sided seating (which is a must), and convenience. If they had a turf field it would rock.

Turf is supposed to be on the board for next year but its not official yet!!:thumpsup:
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:If you got some pics of these stadiums post em ive never been to a bunch of them.

You can see pictures of Henry R. Evans Stadium on the Russell football website.

http://www.russell-ind.k12.ky.us/reddevi...insite.htm
Here is some of Shelby Valley's I'll try to find some of it with out the turf lol.
AshlandTcat06 Wrote:I've heard a lot about Belfry and Pikeville's stadiums on here, but I've never had the oppurtunity to see their stadium. Does anyone have a picture they can post?

I dont have a pic of Pikeville's Stadium !

Here's the Link to Belfry's Stadium Pic:http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=139&c=7

And here is Prestonsburg's Stadium for those who havnt seen it !
heres a few more-
1st one is from 03 is valley without the turf.
2nd is a shot of pikevilles field.