Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
0-10, 1-9, 2-8 teams in the playoffs
As a comparison..... Here is a list of teams that had 0, 1, 2 or 3 wins last year in Boys Basketball.

Dayton 2-23 (Region 9) 36th Dist.
Frederick Frazie 3-23 (Region 1) 11th Dist.
Monticello 3-26 (Region 12) 48th Dist.
Williamstown 3-23 (Region 8) 32nd Dist.
Metcalfe County 1-29 (Region 4) 16th Dist.
Robertson County 3-26 (Region 10) 38th DIst.
Rose Hill Christian 1-25 (Region 16) 64th Dist.
Shawnee 3-28 (Region 7) 25th Dist. (Won 1 game in the Dist. Tourney)
Riverside Christian 0-31 (Region 14) 55th Dist.
Oneida Baptist Institute 1-18 (Region 13) 49th Dist.

Only 10 teams.... I know their are more schools that play basketball than football. And all of these teams had atleast 1 post-season game.
So we really can't complain about Playoff Spots being earned if the KHSAA is gonna change the rule across the board.... and I don't see that happening.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:In class 1A... there was 11 teams with 0, 1 or 2 wins in the playoffs,
In class 2A... there was 4 teams with 0, 1 or 2 wins in the playoffs.
In class 3A... there was 3 teams with 0, 1 or 2 wins in the playoffs.
In class 4A... there was 6 teams with 0, 1 or 2 wins in the playoffs.
In class 5A... there was 3 teams with 0, 1 or 2 wins in the playoffs.
In class 6A... there was 7 teams with 0, 1 or 2 wins in the playoffs.

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/khsaa/kyfb13

I got this information from ^^^^^ the above website.

Am I the only who believes that you should have to earn your playoff spot. Having 0, 1 or 2 wins doesn't not entitle you to a playoff spot.

And yes, we all know that the 6 class system was made because in every other KHSAA sport, every team, no matter their record, gets at least one post-season game/match. But "Fairness" is not what sports is about.

Pulp Fiction Wrote:As a comparison..... Here is a list of teams that had 0, 1, 2 or 3 wins last year in Boys Basketball.

Dayton 2-23 (Region 9) 36th Dist.
Frederick Frazie 3-23 (Region 1) 11th Dist.
Monticello 3-26 (Region 12) 48th Dist.
Williamstown 3-23 (Region 8) 32nd Dist.
Metcalfe County 1-29 (Region 4) 16th Dist.
Robertson County 3-26 (Region 10) 38th DIst.
Rose Hill Christian 1-25 (Region 16) 64th Dist.
Shawnee 3-28 (Region 7) 25th Dist. (Won 1 game in the Dist. Tourney)
Riverside Christian 0-31 (Region 14) 55th Dist.
Oneida Baptist Institute 1-18 (Region 13) 49th Dist.

Only 10 teams.... I know their are more schools that play basketball than football. And all of these teams had atleast 1 post-season game.
So we really can't complain about Playoff Spots being earned if the KHSAA is gonna change the rule across the board.... and I don't see that happening.

Yes, I know I used 0, 1, 2 and 3 wins when I compared last years basketball to this year's football. But if you look at the teams with three wins in last years basketball there are only five.... So that's half of the field.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Ben Davis, Carmel, Center Grove, Warren Central. and several other Indy teams play great football, IMO. I like the fact that the state titles are spread out over more than two or three teams. When I was living in Indy, Ben Davis and Warren Central were the two powerhouses in most years. Lately, Carmel and Center Grove seem to be at the top of the heap, but Lawrence Central and Fishers have also won 5A titles recently. This year, Penn (from South Bend) is the top ranked team in the state, but I have a feeling that Carmel or Center Grove will go home with the trophy. The level of competition that those teams face during the regular season is amazing.
You want to know why, Indianapolis and metro has such good teams??? It's not because better coaches or players. It's because they have fewer, but much larger schools!!! Scott co is the largest enrollment in the state at apprx 2400 students (boys/girls). In Indianapolis there are several schools this size and larger. My friend went to Pike in Indy, it's larger than Scott co now. There is a big debate in Scott co now on splitting the school, where as in Indianapolis, Texas, and other places it's the norm to have 3000 plus students in a school/school district, thus creating an illusion of better players. Count how many big schools are in Indianapolis and the enrollment of each of them. Then count how many in Louisville and the enrollment of each of those schools. Louisville and Indianapolis have very similar population demographics
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Its been a while since ive given my two cents on reclassification.
Mostly because, i know its not going to change, but ive got time, so what the heck.

I would love to see 5 classes in Ky high school football.

Here would be the enrollment per class sizes...
Class 1A- (1-350)
Class 2A- (351-650)
Class 3A- (651-950)
Class 4A- (951-1300)
Class 5A- (1301-Unlimited)

Each class would be of equal numbers (+/- enrollment to make it equal out) and any school that wants to play up to 6A can, but in doing so, must stay there for four years. No teams can play up in another class (For example, 3A to 4A) and Four teams make the playoffs from each district. Same playoff format we currently have, and ideally 6 teams per district.

Im not sure how that will shake out numbers wise, because that would take a lot of research, but i think it makes the most since.

I like 5 classes but just put 44ish in each class. 5-6 teams per district take top 4.
1-350 just male 79, with female 24
351-650 99................. 46
651-950 33..................62
951-1300 6..................46
1301- 2..................41
didn't know if your enrollment figures was counting female. Would have to to be close
Kids had rather play 11 games than 10 even if they are getting humiliated in that 11th game? Really? I don't know of any coach or kid who wants to travel hours only to have the smackdown layed on them. Bottom line is the almighty dollar.
Got disagree. Most kids and coaches want to play. It's fans who are hung up on losses. Last week a young Larue team came to Wayne Co. the game went as expected but they learned. My team has been there as a matter of fact we went to Breathitt and got spanked 4 years ago when these kids were freshmen. 7 of them started and were grateful for the chance to play. Today #1 in 3A and a contender. Sometimes those games teach you more about heart and the fight in you than anything else.

10 and under would be your basketball ratio since they play 30 games. See how many won less than 10. And let's be realistic...it's a whole lot easier to find a bball game you can win than football.