Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
0-10, 1-9, 2-8 teams in the playoffs
In class 1A... there was 11 teams with 0, 1 or 2 wins in the playoffs,
In class 2A... there was 4 teams with 0, 1 or 2 wins in the playoffs.
In class 3A... there was 3 teams with 0, 1 or 2 wins in the playoffs.
In class 4A... there was 6 teams with 0, 1 or 2 wins in the playoffs.
In class 5A... there was 3 teams with 0, 1 or 2 wins in the playoffs.
In class 6A... there was 7 teams with 0, 1 or 2 wins in the playoffs.

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/khsaa/kyfb13

I got this information from ^^^^^ the above website.

Am I the only who believes that you should have to earn your playoff spot. Having 0, 1 or 2 wins doesn't not entitle you to a playoff spot.

And yes, we all know that the 6 class system was made because in every other KHSAA sport, every team, no matter their record, gets at least one post-season game/match. But "Fairness" is not what sports is about.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:In class 1A... there was 11 teams with 0, 1 or 2 wins in the playoffs,

Am I the only who believes that you should have to earn your playoff spot. Having 0, 1 or 2 wins doesn't not entitle you to a playoff spot.

And yes, we all know that the 6 class system was made because in every other KHSAA sport, every team, no matter their record gets at least one post-season game/match. But "Fairness" is not what sports is about.
Titles should be earned, not playoff spots - at least not below the NFL level. The problem is not the records of the teams in the playoffs, the problem is that there are so many poorly coached teams that end the season with no hope of winning a game.
4 team district are a joke.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Titles should be earned, not playoff spots - at least not below the NFL level. The problem is not the records of the teams in the playoffs, the problem is that there are so many poorly coached teams that end the season with no hope of winning a game.

I don't think this is a very fair and accurate statement across the board.

Personally, to go along with the Pulp Fiction, I agree that these 4 seeds shouldn't be allowed (for the most part, there are always a couple exceptions like this year with Manual in 6A and Cooper in 5A), but the 4 seeds in these Class 1A-4A classes and most of the 5A-6A classes have no business going to the playoffs. If playing an extra game is what the KHSAA is after, then go to an 11 game reg season, take the top 3 and let the District Champ get a 1st end bye.

However, to address the bolded. There are several coaches I can think of, this year alone, who I think have proven they can coach:

Jeff Griffiths @ Boone County- They went 0-11 in his first season there this year. He was the architect that built one of, if not the most dominant defense at Bowling Green the last few years. He goes to Boone County last year, takes over a 2-9 team and as the saying goes, things usually get worse before they get better. I think that's going to be the case here. 6A schools can overcome the injury bug a little moreso than smaller schools, but they were decimated by injuries this year and it unfortunately started with his son who was an All State DE who was going into his senior year. Boone County will be back in the mix of things sooner than people think. I don't think this 0-11 season has anything to do with being poorly coached.

Greg Brohm- Thomas Nelson HS. This was their first year of Varsity play, and granted they didn't even make the playoffs due to being in a 7 team district, but I just have a hard time believing he is a poor coach. Apples don't fall too far from the tree.

Josh Jaggers @ LaRue County HS. This was his 2nd year as the HC at LaRue and they went 0-11. Right about a year ago, they/he defeated Corbin by 3 TD's in his first ever playoff game as a HC, took a Louisville Central team that they had no business playing with to the wire (@ Central) and were up on Bell County @ Bell County in the 3rd quarter in the 2nd round.vThere are several head coaches that have year of average to above average regular season records, yet took them 6, 7, 8, 9 years to get their first playoff win (some never win a playoff game). He gets his first ever playoff win in his first game vs. a true KY football powerhouse of all teams. Like Boone County, LaRue was decimated by injuries and even moves this season. They only had 8-9 Juniors and Seniors on the entire team; having to start in upwards of 15 freshmen and sophomores at times. That's a JV team. That's literally going into gun fight with knives.

Marshall Enoch @ Hopkins Co. Central- If you talk to those in West KY who have been coaching a while, there might not be anybody who has done more with less than Enoch. He took over a Hopkins Central team this past year who has struggled the last few years, and he was the last (and, maybe the only) head coach at McLean County to ever do anything. In 2009, before they went on their run to the title, an Enoch lead McLean team beat Paducah Tilghman in the regular season. I'm going to tell you how many times McLean County (or any rural small school for that matter) should ever beat the Blue Tornado, and that's never; let a lone in a State Championship season.

Some other programs and coaches in the past that come to mind when you think 1-9 or O'fer seasons are:

Luke Salmons @ Lawrence County- In '08, his first season in Louisa, they go 0-11. Now, I know there was a lot to be said about their strength (or lack of) schedule those 2-3 years after, but IMVH (yet non P.C) Opinion, scheduling is the majority of the battle at many of our KY High Schools…schedule those who are worse than you. The rest of his tenure at Lawrence is history, and he's gone across the river into West Virginia and taken care of business as well.

Brad Hood @ Allen Co.-Scottsville- In his first year, '06, they went 6-4 only to follow it up with a 1-9 '07 season. Three years later, they play Boyle County in what I still consider one of the most exciting State Championship games that have been played in the last 10 or so years.

Tom Duffy when he was at Henderson County went 1-19 over the course of the 1999-2000 season. It goes without saying, that his approach to coaching was often questioned by some over his 30 years, but it worked for him. You don't win multiple state championships at two schools & take Henderson County to the most Semi-Final appearances ever under his direction, and not be a good coach.

With all of this said, I'll leave everybody with this….I heard Kevin Wallace (HC @ Bowling Green) say this amongst a large group of coaches one time, "Boys, there is a reason why Mules don't run in the Kentucky Derby. I firmly believe there are several good head coaches across the state that are at programs where it's hard to constantly win without having some really bad year(s) in between." I don't remember what he said his record was at BG right now (I heard him say this within the year), but I do remember hearing him say how his record at Warren East was something like 45-61 before he landed the BG job (and, was actually the 3rd or 4th choice..it kind of fell in his lap) and the rest as we all know, is history.

Just my 2 cents….
Who honestly really cares that matters?
The coaches had a vote on this last summer and overwhelmingly decided to keep it four teams in the playoffs. I dont see a problem. Kids would much rather play 11 games than 10 im sure.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:I don't think this is a very fair and accurate statement across the board.

Personally, to go along with the Pulp Fiction, I agree that these 4 seeds shouldn't be allowed (for the most part, there are always a couple exceptions like this year with Manual in 6A and Cooper in 5A), but the 4 seeds in these Class 1A-4A classes and most of the 5A-6A classes have no business going to the playoffs. If playing an extra game is what the KHSAA is after, then go to an 11 game reg season, take the top 3 and let the District Champ get a 1st end bye.

However, to address the bolded. There are several coaches I can think of, this year alone, who I think have proven they can coach:

Jeff Griffiths @ Boone County- They went 0-11 in his first season there this year. He was the architect that built one of, if not the most dominant defense at Bowling Green the last few years. He goes to Boone County last year, takes over a 2-9 team and as the saying goes, things usually get worse before they get better. I think that's going to be the case here. 6A schools can overcome the injury bug a little moreso than smaller schools, but they were decimated by injuries this year and it unfortunately started with his son who was an All State DE who was going into his senior year. Boone County will be back in the mix of things sooner than people think. I don't think this 0-11 season has anything to do with being poorly coached.

Greg Brohm- Thomas Nelson HS. This was their first year of Varsity play, and granted they didn't even make the playoffs due to being in a 7 team district, but I just have a hard time believing he is a poor coach. Apples don't fall too far from the tree.

Josh Jaggers @ LaRue County HS. This was his 2nd year as the HC at LaRue and they went 0-11. Right about a year ago, they/he defeated Corbin by 3 TD's in his first ever playoff game as a HC, took a Louisville Central team that they had no business playing with to the wire (@ Central) and were up on Bell County @ Bell County in the 3rd quarter in the 2nd round.vThere are several head coaches that have year of average to above average regular season records, yet took them 6, 7, 8, 9 years to get their first playoff win (some never win a playoff game). He gets his first ever playoff win in his first game vs. a true KY football powerhouse of all teams. Like Boone County, LaRue was decimated by injuries and even moves this season. They only had 8-9 Juniors and Seniors on the entire team; having to start in upwards of 15 freshmen and sophomores at times. That's a JV team. That's literally going into gun fight with knives.

Marshall Enoch @ Hopkins Co. Central- If you talk to those in West KY who have been coaching a while, there might not be anybody who has done more with less than Enoch. He took over a Hopkins Central team this past year who has struggled the last few years, and he was the last (and, maybe the only) head coach at McLean County to ever do anything. In 2009, before they went on their run to the title, an Enoch lead McLean team beat Paducah Tilghman in the regular season. I'm going to tell you how many times McLean County (or any rural small school for that matter) should ever beat the Blue Tornado, and that's never; let a lone in a State Championship season.

Some other programs and coaches in the past that come to mind when you think 1-9 or O'fer seasons are:

Luke Salmons @ Lawrence County- In '08, his first season in Louisa, they go 0-11. Now, I know there was a lot to be said about their strength (or lack of) schedule those 2-3 years after, but IMVH (yet non P.C) Opinion, scheduling is the majority of the battle at many of our KY High Schools…schedule those who are worse than you. The rest of his tenure at Lawrence is history, and he's gone across the river into West Virginia and taken care of business as well.

Brad Hood @ Allen Co.-Scottsville- In his first year, '06, they went 6-4 only to follow it up with a 1-9 '07 season. Three years later, they play Boyle County in what I still consider one of the most exciting State Championship games that have been played in the last 10 or so years.

Tom Duffy when he was at Henderson County went 1-19 over the course of the 1999-2000 season. It goes without saying, that his approach to coaching was often questioned by some over his 30 years, but it worked for him. You don't win multiple state championships at two schools & take Henderson County to the most Semi-Final appearances ever under his direction, and not be a good coach.

With all of this said, I'll leave everybody with this….I heard Kevin Wallace (HC @ Bowling Green) say this amongst a large group of coaches one time, "Boys, there is a reason why Mules don't run in the Kentucky Derby. I firmly believe there are several good head coaches across the state that are at programs where it's hard to constantly win without having some really bad year(s) in between." I don't remember what he said his record was at BG right now (I heard him say this within the year), but I do remember hearing him say how his record at Warren East was something like 45-61 before he landed the BG job (and, was actually the 3rd or 4th choice..it kind of fell in his lap) and the rest as we all know, is history.

Just my 2 cents….
Thank you for proving my point. There is a big difference between a team with a 0-10 record whose players know that they are headed in the right direction and one with the same record that has given up and is just looking forward to a quick end to the season. Many good coaches have suffered through bad seasons but their teams are always much better at the end of the season than at the beginning of the season.

Most of us could give examples of teams that peaked in pre-season scrimmages. Those teams are coached by the type of coaches that I am talking about and there are way too many of them in Kentucky. If the KHSAA wants to improve the playoff system, it needs to find a way to improve the quality of coaching.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Who honestly really cares that matters?
The coaches had a vote on this last summer and overwhelmingly decided to keep it four teams in the playoffs. I dont see a problem. Kids would much rather play 11 games than 10 im sure.

The vote was 119 keep 4, 92 not. The problem was the take 3, take 2 split the vote. 11 schools did not vote. I believe if they were to revote before realignment with ONLY 2 options the vote could be very close.
footballfever Wrote:The vote was 119 keep 4, 92 not. The problem was the take 3, take 2 split the vote. 11 schools did not vote. I believe if they were to revote before realignment with ONLY 2 options the vote could be very close.

Most of the coaches who voted 2 said they would have voted 4 instead of 3. I agree it would be very close though. I think the 4 teams would still prevail, but it would be tight.
If they do decide to shorten the playoffs by a game, they ought to let teams play another regular season game.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Most of the coaches who voted 2 said they would have voted 4 instead of 3. I agree it would be very close though. I think the 4 teams would still prevail, but it would be tight.
If they do decide to shorten the playoffs by a game, they ought to let teams play another regular season game.

Agree. Keep the 11 weeks we have now but allow 11 games if you want.
Here is my issue. Football starts to early. It use to be a fall sport, not anymore, it's a late summer sport with some of it in the fall. The following idea would actually effect all sports by backing up the opening weekend of football back two weeks. Personally, I don't see why basketball coaches would care since it is indoors and 70 regardless of its January or during June. However, football and baseball (along with other outdoor sports, obviously) have to weather the elements. Football these days, it seems like more than half of the season is practice and played in 80+ degree weather (which, I actually like it hot, the hotter the better, but that's besides the point), and I don't know about you all, but half of the baseball season it seems like you need a winter coat on to watch the games.

So, my vote is to back the opening weekend of football back to Labor Day (two weeks from what it is now, and it would do just the same for our winter and spring sports). Again, with this said, I don't know a baseball coach out there that is against backing up their start.

In short (and, I'm using the 2014 calendar here)

Dead Period (July 1- July 31)
Football practice begins August 1st

11 Week Regular Season w/ No bye (the top Two go to the playoffs)
Week 0 (9/5)
Week 1 (9/12)
Week 2 (9/19)
Week 3 (9/26)
Week 4 (10/3)
Week 5 (10/10)
Week 6 (10/17)
Week 7 (10/24)
Week 8 (10/31)
Week 9 (11/7)
Week 10 (11/14)
1st Rnd (11/21)
2nd Rnd (11/28)
3rd Rnd (12/5)
Finals (12/12, 12/13)

If not this, then take 3 teams and a 10 week season w/ no bye. You could still have the same start date.

The start time is my biggest gripe. I'm the furthest thing from a genius when it comes to anything, and I know that kids aren't NEAR as acclimated to the conditions due to a variety of reasons, but the last couple weeks of July are always two of the hottest weeks on record year in year out & it also seems to be when we hear about all of the heat related illness(s).

These days, teams are going into their 7th/8th game of the season and it's still shorts and flip flops.

Like I said, I love it hot, but certain things just feel right. I've spent one Christmas in Florida on the beach and I hated it. It just doesn't and won't ever feel right.
With the above said, I think bye weeks for MANY programs, especially your smaller programs are very much needed.
Everybody want to play 1A schools or 2A,3A,4A and 5A number would be a higher number :Cheerlead
I believe one point is being left out of this conversation. many times in one playoff region one district is clearly more dominant with #3's and #4's better than some #1's and definitely the #2's
^^ There were only two 4 Seeds that beat 1's this Friday.

Manual over Ballard (which wasn't a surprise).
5-4 Dunbar over 5-5 Tates Creek

Both 4's over 1's were in 6A, and not just 6A, but in the Lou/Lex Metro.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Titles should be earned, not playoff spots - at least not below the NFL level. The problem is not the records of the teams in the playoffs, the problem is that there are so many poorly coached teams that end the season with no hope of winning a game.

Let's just skip the regular season and go straight to the playoffs then since everyone should qualify. Regular season is pointless if everyone makes it. I'm sure the 0-10 teams couldn't wait to play their undefeated #1 seeds in the first round of the playoffs.
Could you imagine an 0-10 team winning state.....

Ending the season 5-10. I'm sure that wouldn't make a few national headlines.
Wildcat18 Wrote:Let's just skip the regular season and go straight to the playoffs then since everyone should qualify. Regular season is pointless if everyone makes it. I'm sure the 0-10 teams couldn't wait to play their undefeated #1 seeds in the first round of the playoffs.
I know that you are being sarcastic, but I am going to give you a serious response. The purpose of the regular season games is to gain experience, sharpen fundamental skills through competition, and to prepare for the playoffs. Without the need to "qualify" for playoffs, then schools are rewarded for playing strong, challenging schedules that prepare them for the playoffs. The system works great in Indiana.

In contrast, you have Ohio' playoff system, which encourages teams to schedule weak teams that they think they will defeat, but teams that will win games against weaker competition and earn them "Harbin points," which qualify them for the playoffs. That is why so many strong Ohio teams schedule northern Kentucky teams that rack up wins against weak regular season competition.

If the purpose of the playoffs is to determine the best teams in each class, then how does allowing all teams into the playoffs undermine that objective? Don't bother answering, that is what is known as a rhetorical question, the answer to which is obvious to all but the most obtuse.

As I said, the purpose of the regular season is to prepare for the playoffs by teaching fundamentals and teamwork and developing depth at every position. When you make the playoffs an elitist event, then you discourage coaches from taking chances by substituting a little bit too early to allow promising players to perform in pressure situations.

A team's focus during the season should not be on making the playoffs, it should be advancing to the second round and beyond.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Could you imagine an 0-10 team winning state.....

Ending the season 5-10. I'm sure that wouldn't make a few national headlines.
That would make some headlines and seems far fetched, but it has not been that uncommon for teams in Indiana to win state titles with 3 or 4 losses. In fact, last season Indianapolis Cathedral won the 4A title with a 10-5 record and Fort Wayne Bishop Luers won 2A with an 11-4 record.

This year, Bishop Luers finished the regular season 0-9, but they won their first and second round playoff games before falling in the third round. When is the last time that you saw a winless team in Kentucky win even one playoff game? Their second round win was over a team that entered the game with a 7-3 record, which had also won a state title a few years ago. That is why I say that the problem with many of the teams that make the playoffs in Kentucky is not their bad records, it is their bad coaches.
How are coaches so much different in Indiana than here in Kentucky? Are you referring to scheduling? So many schools here pad their schedule with weak teams so they look good going into the playoffs. You have teams going 10-0 or 9-1 and losing in the 1st or 2nd rounds of the playoffs.
Wildcat18 Wrote:How are coaches so much different in Indiana than here in Kentucky? Are you referring to scheduling? So many schools here pad their schedule with weak teams so they look good going into the playoffs. You have teams going 10-0 or 9-1 and losing in the 1st or 2nd rounds of the playoffs.
I don't know that the coaches are so much different in Indiana, but many of them seem less focused on their regular season records and more focused on the playoffs. There just seems to be more parity among teams in Indiana, but most of my observations come from living for a few years in the Indianapolis area. Blowouts happen in Indiana but it does not seem to be as rare for a team to go from first place in its conference to last place and vice versa within a year or two.

When Trinity lost to Lawrence Central earlier this season, it was Lawrence Central's 18th straight win and they were the defending 5A (Indiana went to 6 classes this season) state champions. LC never won another game this season, losing seven straight. Trinity beat Carmel and the Greyhounds are 9-3 and still alive in the 6A playoffs.

In short, there seems to be more teams in Indiana that are not afraid to make out tough schedules that might even result in losing records. In Kentucky, Trinity, Mayfield, Covington Catholic, St. X, and Highlands schedule tough pre-district competition, but most teams do not. It seems like the same handful of Kentucky teams play the strongest schedules every season.

I don't fault teams in most of eastern Kentucky for not playing the kind of schedule that Highlands does. A team like Highlands or Trinity can be in Indy in 2 hours or less, and it takes Johnson Central about as long to travel to Huntington, WV, 4 hours or more to Columbus, and probably 6 hours of more to Indy. But, IMO, anything that encourages teams to schedule "up," including opening the playoffs for everybody, would be a good thing.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I don't know that the coaches are so much different in Indiana, but many of them seem less focused on their regular season records and more focused on the playoffs. There just seems to be more parity among teams in Indiana, but most of my observations come from living for a few years in the Indianapolis area. Blowouts happen in Indiana but it does not seem to be as rare for a team to go from first place in its conference to last place and vice versa within a year or two.

When Trinity lost to Lawrence Central earlier this season, it was Lawrence Central's 18th straight win and they were the defending 5A (Indiana went to 6 classes this season) state champions. LC never won another game this season, losing seven straight. Trinity beat Carmel and the Greyhounds are 9-3 and still alive in the 6A playoffs.

In short, there seems to be more teams in Indiana that are not afraid to make out tough schedules that might even result in losing records. In Kentucky, Trinity, Mayfield, Covington Catholic, St. X, and Highlands schedule tough pre-district competition, but most teams do not. It seems like the same handful of Kentucky teams play the strongest schedules every season.

I don't fault teams in most of eastern Kentucky for not playing the kind of schedule that Highlands does. A team like Highlands or Trinity can be in Indy in 2 hours or less, and it takes Johnson Central about as long to travel to Huntington, WV, 4 hours or more to Columbus, and probably 6 hours of more to Indy. But, IMO, anything that encourages teams to schedule "up," including opening the playoffs for everybody, would be a good thing.

That makes sense. I have family members who played for Ben Davis a few years ago and a couple others affiliated with Carmel. Kind of surprisingly, Indiana has pretty good high school football.
Wildcat18 Wrote:That makes sense. I have family members who played for Ben Davis a few years ago and a couple others affiliated with Carmel. Kind of surprisingly, Indiana has pretty good high school football.
Ben Davis, Carmel, Center Grove, Warren Central. and several other Indy teams play great football, IMO. I like the fact that the state titles are spread out over more than two or three teams. When I was living in Indy, Ben Davis and Warren Central were the two powerhouses in most years. Lately, Carmel and Center Grove seem to be at the top of the heap, but Lawrence Central and Fishers have also won 5A titles recently. This year, Penn (from South Bend) is the top ranked team in the state, but I have a feeling that Carmel or Center Grove will go home with the trophy. The level of competition that those teams face during the regular season is amazing.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:I don't think this is a very fair and accurate statement across the board.

As a Bowling Green supporter, I firmly agree with this assessment on Boone County. Look for BC to rebound and be a program to be proud of here in the near future. As far as his son goes, this is true. It is probably the most sad story about an injury that I have heard in a long, long time.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:With the above said, I think bye weeks for MANY programs, especially your smaller programs are very much needed.

I think a #4 seed should have the right not to play a 1 seed if they know they will get beat bad.1 seed gets a bye nothing wrong about not wanting kids travel 3 or 4hrs to get beat bad :please:
^^I agree with this. I think a 4 seed should be allowed to forfeit without having to pay a penalty fine if the game will be a total mismatch and no one will benefit from playing especially if the 4 seed has to travel far. In 08 Clinton County maybe had 15 players on their team and they traveled close to five hours to Raceland for a first round game. That game had a running clock midway through the second quarter in Raceland's favor. That game did not benefit Raceland, who sat their starters for most of that game, and the kids from Clinton County had to travel nearly 10 hours round trip for a game that was decided before halftime. How are games like this justified by the KHSAA? This past Friday number 4 Phelps traveled over two hours for a first round playoff game against Raceland and again it was a running clock by halftime. I don't see how it is right making these kids travel far away to play in a game that they probably don't want to play in because they know they do not stand a chance of even keeping the game close.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:In class 1A... there was 11 teams with 0, 1 or 2 wins in the playoffs,

And yes, we all know that the 6 class system was made because in every other KHSAA sport, every team, no matter their record, gets at least one post-season game/match. But "Fairness" is not what sports is about.
I agree playoffs are earned not given.
Its been a while since ive given my two cents on reclassification.
Mostly because, i know its not going to change, but ive got time, so what the heck.

I would love to see 5 classes in Ky high school football.

Here would be the enrollment per class sizes...
Class 1A- (1-350)
Class 2A- (351-650)
Class 3A- (651-950)
Class 4A- (951-1300)
Class 5A- (1301-Unlimited)

Each class would be of equal numbers (+/- enrollment to make it equal out) and any school that wants to play up to 6A can, but in doing so, must stay there for four years. No teams can play up in another class (For example, 3A to 4A) and Four teams make the playoffs from each district. Same playoff format we currently have, and ideally 6 teams per district.

Im not sure how that will shake out numbers wise, because that would take a lot of research, but i think it makes the most since.
64SUR Wrote:I think a #4 seed should have the right not to play a 1 seed if they know they will get beat bad.1 seed gets a bye nothing wrong about not wanting kids travel 3 or 4hrs to get beat bad :please:

what purpose would this serve other than teaching kids to be quitters. We have enough people who have quit and won't work. The better lesson would be teaching them that life doesn't always go your way but you have to play anyways.
Objective Wrote:what purpose would this serve other than teaching kids to be quitters. We have enough people who have quit and won't work. The better lesson would be teaching them that life doesn't always go your way but you have to play anyways.

If a team is 0-10 or has only won a game or two all season and they have gotten blown out more times than not then I think they have probably learned the lesson that life isn't fair. I will acknowledge that not all 4 seeds are created equal and upsets can happen but what is the point of sending a team with 15 players on a 3-4 hour round trip to play against a team they are not qualified to play against? A real life lesson would be not allowing less qualified teams in the playoffs until they can prove they are good enough to compete.
Objective Wrote:what purpose would this serve other than teaching kids to be quitters. We have enough people who have quit and won't work. The better lesson would be teaching them that life doesn't always go your way but you have to play anyways.

I didn't say nothing about a quitter.Is fairview a quitter no they are not, did we replace them with another team no they did not.Can we prevent a kid from getting hurt YES WE CAN.after 10 games going 0-10 with 14 or 16 kids.The team will understand that we are looking out for the best interests of your kid an mind OBJECTIVEConfusedtrom: