Poll: Who Will Win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Harlan County
70.00%
Madison Southern
30.00%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madison Southern @ Harlan County 11/15
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You have been saying that Pulaski is the best team in eastern Kentucky all season. The HC-JC game had a running clock early in the 2nd quarter. Unless MS or PC dominates HC, your season long claim that PC is the best team in eastern Kentucky will remain baseless. Looking at the scores involving common opponents, I see nothing to suggest that PC is a 2 or 3 TD favorite over PC. They have just played a weaker schedule than Harlan County, that's all.

That does not mean that your prediction will not come true, just that it has no rational basis. There is nothing wrong with wishful thinking but there is no need to pretend that it is something else. :biglmao:

No it wont. There two totally different teams. I liken Pulaskis offensive strategy to that of Highlands, and we all know Highlands will beat JC with ease. I am in no way saying PC is highlands or as good, but lets face it, JC and PC hasnt faced a solid throwing or dual threat QB yet this year, and neither has HC.

HC stands a much better chance at beating MS than they do PC.
I'm not a bell fan, I like good football and they play good football. Loved to watch Corbin , Middlesboro in the 70-80. Love to watch Belfry and coach Haywood.
After Friday night, we will check stats and see who is out of their mind or dumbest thing ever said!!!
No more talk, just wait and see!!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:No it wont. There two totally different teams. I liken Pulaskis offensive strategy to that of Highlands, and we all know Highlands will beat JC with ease. I am in no way saying PC is highlands or as good, but lets face it, JC and PC hasnt faced a solid throwing or dual threat QB yet this year, and neither has HC.

HC stands a much better chance at beating MS than they do PC.
Is Pulaski running a different offense than the one that resulted in convincing losses, one of which was a shutout, the past three seasons? Highlands has hammered most of the type of teams that you described over the past few years. Teams that play a very physical style and run right at them, like Johnson Central does, have given them problems. Covington Catholic will not stop JC's offense and if JC wins, neither will Highlands.

As for Madison Southern, if the posters who have described Madison Southern as having a one-man offense are correct, HC will roll. Larkey has a long history of shutting down playoff teams' primary weapons, including several great Bell County running backs. He will make somebody besides Harris beat the Black Bears.
^
He didnt have the players he does now.
Cox, Smith, and especially Hall will make that offense go every time.
Harlan County could not beat Madison Southern away from home. Playing Harlan at home is like starting the game down 14. That being said HC 35 MS 27.
Just don't see HC not winning this game. Ms has not play any team that has a fast defense like the black bears have. Plus ms hasn't play any team as good as the black bears have this season. Harris will get his but so will cole and company. HC has just to many talented players for ms to over come.
Black bears 28
Ms 14
Demarcus I promise that I will buy you a hotdog when HC comes back to KC next year!! Unlike someone we know.
HC by 2 TDs...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
panther nation Wrote:Demarcus I promise that I will buy you a hotdog when HC comes back to KC next year!! Unlike someone we know.
Thanks Panther. Looks like my buddy GUT is going to let me down Confusednicker: His delivery service must have gotten lost..
This game appears to be shaping up to being a great game. MS has prob the best rb in Ky and one of the best in the nation in Harris. He was coming off of a concussion last year and had nearly 300 all purpose yards against arguably an all around better HC team than this years HC team. HC has played 2 great teams (JC and Greeneville) and one really good team (Belfry) and I agree that playing this caliber of competition is a great thing. The thing that concerns me is that HC was totally dominated by JC and Greenville while playing Belfry pretty tough. If HC had been more competitive against JC and Greenville I would feel a lot better about this game against MS. I still believe HC has a great shot at a win here, but it will take a great effort in all aspects of the game to come away with the win IMO. If we can cut down our penalties and protect the ball I believe we get the win.

HC 34
MS 27
Demarcus ware Wrote:Thanks Panther. Looks like my buddy GUT is going to let me down Confusednicker: His delivery service must have gotten lost..

Youll forget about the hotdog once you see your avatar for next week.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Youll forget about the hotdog once you see your avatar for next week.
My avatar won't change, but yours? oh yeah it's going to be ugly Confusednicker:
And I'm gonna help him!! IF that kind of pic is tolerated on BGR.....
Wink
This could be one of the best game in 5A playoffs this year. Harris will do his best to win in the mountains!
It's Monday, and I can't wait until Friday...my head is gonna EXPLODE...anybody else?
FarristownFlyer Wrote:It's Monday, and I can't wait until Friday...my head is gonna EXPLODE...anybody else?
Agree, Friday can't get here soon enough..
Granny Bear Wrote:And I'm gonna help him!! IF that kind of pic is tolerated on BGR.....
Wink
Look out GUT i've got Granny Bear helping, you sure better hope MS wins Confusednicker:
I hear it coming, The Harris train from Berea this will be a slobber knocker. Upset in Harlan Madison Southern 29 Harlan County 28!!!.
ballboy!!! Noooooo!! I can't believe you're choosing MS!!
Harlan will limit Harris' touches by controlling the ball. Harris will have a great game but I don't know if they have enough weapons. MS' defense is better than they are given credit for. This game will be about Harlan limiting mistakes and limiting big plays by Harris. Harlan has played well of late. Bears by 7.
Harlan 35 madison southern 14

Lets go Black Bears
Agree!! We simply MUST control the ball and NO fumbles!!!
My heart just can't stand that stuff!!
This game will be similar to last year's matchup. Close game all the way through with HC pulling away in the end.
Harris is remarkable; that goes without saying. He will get his yardage, I believe. However, Bailey, Whitehead, Massey and Chitwood will get their's, too.
This one is to close for me to make a prediction just yet, but for anyone to say Harris will be held to 50 yards or less......... lets just say the proper authorities have been notified and you will be back in the nut house before sunrise.
jim rome Wrote:Harlan County could not beat Madison Southern away from home. Playing Harlan at home is like starting the game down 14. That being said HC 35 MS 27.

First I've ever heard that. The Black Bears get several penalties a game wherever they play but being down 14 when you come to Harlan County??? I think you got lost and went to log mountain.
MS is going to win and then destroy the big piece of coal that HC has by the field like they did Rockcastles Rock Confusednicker:

There has to be a piece of coal there somewhere.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:MS is going to win and then destroy the big piece of coal that HC has by the field like they did Rockcastles Rock Confusednicker:

There has to be a piece of coal there somewhere.
Nope obama banned all coal...No coal here Confusednicker:
:hilarious:

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Harris will bring the pain!

Barring any injuries, I dont see HC beating MS.
Real talk there.

Gut you must have fell and hit your head trying to get Demarcus's hotdogs to that fed ex truck. Your crazier than a run over dog to think MS will win this game. Yes Harris will get his but it will take more than him to beat the black bears!!!!:rockon:
harlan county by 7
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next