Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on Pikeville Middle School football?
Just to clarify, I was kidding about gravy not being a good coach. I think hes a great coach and really gets kids fired up. He and I are good friends and I was just tryin to give him a rough time because he gets on here occasionally and reads my posts.
Eaglewings42 Wrote:yea pikeville did lose some players last year but their gonna be pretty good with layne, keene, mims, staggs, and a lot of other players

what about johnson? i heard hes awesome.
pikeville kicked millards ass.
good job pikeville on beating millard 18-0
i like those shutouts
by the way pantherpride68 what are your thoughts on coach branham as a player and coach
TRAIN85 Wrote:good job pikeville on beating millard 18-0
i like those shutouts
by the way pantherpride68 what are your thoughts on coach branham as a player and coach
I think the future looks bright at Pikeville with Matt and Gravy as coaches. But I think they both need to get theyre butts back to school so they can do this full time. I also think in time Tim Champlain is going to be a good one as well. Its great to see guys who were a big part of this program coming back and helping the next generation and trying to give back what was given to them when they played. As far as Matt as a player goes I believe the KHSAA record book kinda speaks for itself.
We used to have old Dickie Vanhoose as coach. What a great coach he was! When he left, gradually the regional titles left. But Matt will do a good job and yes he was a great QB.
HazzBeen Wrote:When he left, gradually the regional titles left.
Ive said that for years Hazz. Matt has that same love of the program like Dickie did. He and Dickie have different styles of motivation but Matt can motivate the kids to tackle a locomotive just like Dickie did.
pikeville75 Wrote:what about johnson? i heard hes awesome.
Are you seroius.......that Jarrod Johnson guy is the worst lineman I've ever seen.
pnthr2585 Wrote:Are you seroius.......that Jarrod Johnson guy is the worst lineman I've ever seen.
Dont be on here downing ANY of these kids ever again.
panther- Wrote:coach branham knows how to get the kids motivated and pumped. he is one of the best guys you will ever meet and knows football like you would not believe. he was the joe montana of pikeville when he played.

Coach Gravy was also the best defensive and offensive linemen to come thru pikeville. he truly knows what is going on and when to change a flaw in the play. they both love football and the kids.

Matt was a good player but like Fox said time will tell what kind of coach he is. He is one of my very good friends so I hope and think he will turn out to be a good coach.
pnthr2585 Wrote:Are you seroius.......that Jarrod Johnson guy is the worst lineman I've ever seen.

ya......but hes not as bad as that sucky wes rowe kid....he cant cath a pass if his life depended on it.
pikeville75 Wrote:ya......but hes not as bad as that sucky wes rowe kid....he cant cath a pass if his life depended on it.

cath a pass???

That sounds like a medical procedure performed over at the Pikeville Hospital.......

:lmao:
PHSFAN Wrote:Matt was a good player but like Fox said time will tell what kind of coach he is. He is one of my very good friends so I hope and think he will turn out to be a good coach.

if he was one of your very good friends then why would you show any doubt that he will be a good coach. he may not be one of my very good friends but he is one of my very best friends, that i would take a bullet for, but i know his love for the game and for the school speak for itself. and that alone makes him a very good coach.
fox sports Wrote:Running up the score on an over-matched team does not prove how good a team is.

True
Is Pikeville Middle School any good this year
yes
Whos Pikeville playing this week?
they have 3 games this week

monday against virgie
thursday against dorton
and saturday against belfry
3 games in 1 week are tough
they should walk through the conference this year
they play virgie tonight at bob amos park
TRAIN85 Wrote:if he was one of your very good friends then why would you show any doubt that he will be a good coach. he may not be one of my very good friends but he is one of my very best friends, that i would take a bullet for, but i know his love for the game and for the school speak for itself. and that alone makes him a very good coach.
Because being out of Pikeville I haven't had the chance to see him coach...I am not going to say someone is a great coach just because Ihave known them for 18 years and consider him a very good friend and Matt would expect nothink less from me....you have no clue who you are talking to.
PHSFAN Wrote:Because being out of Pikeville I haven't had the chance to see him coach...I am not going to say someone is a great coach just because Ihave known them for 18 years and consider him a very good friend and Matt would expect nothink less from me....you have no clue who you are talking to.
well then pm me and youll know me and ill know you.
Eaglewings42 Wrote:they have 3 games this week

monday against virgie
thursday against dorton
and saturday against belfry

Thats great because I heard Pikeville had cancelled with us for Saturday, I guess thats not the case.
we cancled with yall cause we wanna play yall sooner ...
You got your wish :thumpsup: we play Wednesday TongueirateSho

:Cheerlead LETS GO BMS :Cheerlead
PHSFAN Wrote:....you have no clue who you are talking to.
and guess you fake phs fan daddy train doesnt care. read your pm.
He is not a fake PHS Fan....he graduated with multiple Regional Championships as a Panther. And calling out people like that shows a lot of maturity and respect. I would hope that someone out of my Alma Mater would be more mature than that (assuming you go to PHS)

But this thread has ran its course. Closed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Atta boy Beef!!!