Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on Pikeville Middle School football?
will pikeville have any close opponents after coming into a new confrence
I know that elkhorn beat them last year, but I have no idea what they got this year so I don't really know.
i saw the film on that game and not too make any excuses but they tried to change the defense the day before the game and u cannot do it and work.

but pikeville will be strong. they have a very talented backfield including keene,mccoy,layne,mims,and ratliff, and also a strong line that abosolutely can open some holes

ratliff also had 3 TD against phelps,mims had one, layne, had one that was called back,keene added one
Pikeville usually has a strong middle school team.
they are not quite as big as last year but they are quick and very strong

by what i have seen players are responding very well to the coaches matt branham and paul sullivan and randy slone. which has helped 100%
does paul no longer play for pikeville college?
no he didnt play this year or josh
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:does paul no longer play for pikeville college?
I'm pretty sure that he does.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
paul didnt play he said he didnt want to anymore
yea josh and paul quit
They were beaten at Corbin 28-0 and drilled a pitiful Phelps team. I doubt if playing in the Pike Co. conference will help them much! It probably does them more good to lose to good teams rather than beat up on these Pike Co. middle schools that can't play! JMO
yea pikeville did lose some players last year but their gonna be pretty good with layne, keene, mims, staggs, and a lot of other players
Pikeville doesn't have the great athletes like they once did and this middle school team is no exception. They are a pretty good middle school team but nothing spectacular.
pikeville did not have their heads on straight and thought they had it won but had a rude awakening. they would have beat them if they played like they usually do. and im not sure that u looked at the schedule from last year bball fan. the coaches from pike co. invited them back into the confrence. they played teams better than corbin last year and beat them by 1 or 2 TDs so u have no idea
he has a point there
Not going to argue about this but I will just leave it at this. They have only played one team that could play a lick and lost 28-0. It is early in the season, we will just have to wait and see how they develop. I hope they do well but I still don't think PHS has the quality athletes like they once did. This year's Jr. high team is very average!!
how about u come and watch the next game and tell me what u think then they put on a show
i know a little somethin bout pikeville and their no pushover its true the middle school lost some talent but theirs some athletes i think may step up
When is their next game and who do they play? If I can get off work I'll try to make it. I work night shift at Wal-Mart and we are shorthanded so don't look for me.

ps...where do you guys attend school. I know it's not at Pikeville because your grammar, punctuation, and spelling is terrible.
we go to pikeville and way to spell grammar
I didn't go to Pikeville, but I know those kids know how to make capital letters and use periods and comma's.
I'm a straight A student, but i dont use gramma correctly on the computer.
bball fan Wrote:Not going to argue about this but I will just leave it at this. They have only played one team that could play a lick and lost 28-0. It is early in the season, we will just have to wait and see how they develop. I hope they do well but I still don't think PHS has the quality athletes like they once did. This year's Jr. high team is very average!!

stick to basketballConfusedhh:
With varsity coaches such as Jackson and Copley helping out to teach the O and D and the caliber coach Branham is, this program is only going to go up...i expect great things in the next few years in Pikeville.
thank you "Won in the trenches"
coach branham is a very good coach and someone those kids need
paul sullivan is another former panther who loves the school and knows football
they will pretty much do whatever they want in this conference
[QUOTE=Won in the Trenches]and the caliber coach Branham is, QUOTE]
Has Branham ever coached before???
What caliber coach is he???

Good player, IMO, what kind of coach he is, will be decided in the future.
fox sports Wrote:[QUOTE=Won in the Trenches]and the caliber coach Branham is, QUOTE]
Has Branham ever coached before???
What caliber coach is he???

Good player, IMO, what kind of coach he is, will be decided in the future.
he coached last year and did a hell of a job turning the jr high around. he knows how to get the most out of his kids
TRAIN85 Wrote:[QUOTE=fox sports]
he coached last year and did a hell of a job turning the jr high around. he knows how to get the most out of his kids
I agree, Matt is as good a motivator as any young coach Ive seen. That guy he had coaching with him last year, I think they called him "Gravy" he was terrible,worst coach ever in the history of mankind.Confusedhh: :moon:
bball fan Wrote:When is their next game and who do they play? If I can get off work I'll try to make it. I work night shift at Wal-Mart and we are shorthanded so don't look for me.

ps...where do you guys attend school. I know it's not at Pikeville because your grammar, punctuation, and spelling is terrible.
Ok were getting english lessons by a someone who works at friggin WAL-MART!