Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Region 4 finals
Nobody is complaining or saying they are going to boycott the concessions lol, but rather asking a simple question. Last time I will state it....why did KMSFA2 say all games would be hosted by the higher seed until semis and finals, but at the last minute it was changed? Nobody can say it was the plan all along because it wasn't. The confusion came because the original plan was to have high seeds host and not have a regional location....what caused the change? Nobody in the know is replying for some reason lol.
I'm not sure why they changed their minds or the plan I honestly figured regionals would be played on mutual fields. Maybe u should email kmsaa and ask them if you want answers
@UPSCat - please go back and look at what I posted previously.

I stated that in 2011 we held regionals at select locations such as Murray State University, Campbellsville University, Bourbon County HS, etc. I can tell you that Murray sent us a $1000 bill we had not budgeted for a month or so after the state championships for "unforseen costs incurred". That obviously caught us off guard. There were a few other cases where there were cuts of the gate that we had to give to hosts sites, etc.

I can 100% assure you that no one from Johnson County called us and "threw a fit" over anything as far as hosting. While I don't know for a fact personally, I would guess to say that the playoff coordinators most likely reached out to Johnson to host.

We have had a couple of requests from teams to host the regionals. Mr. Lantman gave you a very reasonable and rational explanation.

As I've offered many times before on this very message board to folks such as yourself who are willing to hide behind a screen name and criticize and complain - if you have this much energy and passion and enthusiasm and with such great ideas that you enjoy posting on an anonymous message board, why not volunteer? We would love to plug you in and put you to work for the betterment of the student-athletes of our Commonwealth.

My name is Jeremy Bass and I have been with the KMSFA since it's inception back in 2007. I encourage any other adults who have criticisms to post their names along with their suggestions or comments on this forum.
UPSCat4080 Wrote:You are 100% clueless. It had been discussed at nauseum about New Harlans makeup an how they are one of three teams that makeup a declining 5A populated high school. 5 schools are included in the team, but two send virtually zero kids. Someone is mad that their team is out and can't beat the Patriots. If your going to be sour then be sour at KMSFA because they classified them as D3.

As for the response about why it is at Johnson Central above....why was it stated by KMSFA2 that it would be local until Lexington? I'm glad you included the part about host school getting concessions because that is where the money is. Schools only get 1.25 per person at the gate which is nothing, so I am guessing Johnson Central three a fit when they thought they would not get to host the regional site. Get consessions for four different games on one day...who would want to miss that. And don't say they host because they are th #1 overall seed for 8th grade because that is bologna.

One thing you got correct is the CLUELESS Part. You are completely clueless. Playing at Johnson Central is consider to be local. New Harlan is located in Region 4 of the KMSFA same as all the teams playing in Johnson Central thus, local.

JC will make money off the concessions but not the D3 Game between New Harlan and Pikeville. I am just guessing New Harlan and Pikeville each will have about 30 players. Given the distance New Harlan has to travel I would say a parent per player and 1/2 student per player will attend for New Harlan for a total 45 visitors. Pikeville being closer will travel better say at total of 75 visitors for a grand total of 120. Says each spends 5 dollars each for a total of 600 dollars. Take off about 40% for expensive and JC make a grand total of 360 off the D3 Game. To earn this 360 dollars will require 10 staff to be present for 2 hours. ( 3 on chain crew, 2 press box 4 working concessions and 1 administrator at the minimum)

Second, no one at JC really cares if the D3 game is played at JC or not. My best guess the reason the KMSFA having a regional sights is to insure qualified officials . Thus, having consistence in the officiating for all teams.

You are correct it had been discussed to death. But the facts do not change New Harlan is the only 5 A high school football playing in D3. I guess if you can not contend in D1 or D2 only thing left is D3. Just for the record New Harlan is not the only team which manipulates their numbers to move down classes.

Last again I offer you some cheese and crackers to go with the whining.
:hilarious:
Grandstand Wrote:I know the folks at North Laurel, are NOT complaining about a little road trip - the kids are wired and ready to go on up the mountain to the next level. Let the games begin. I know the folks in Laurel County, will support Johnson County & be purchasing hot dogs & their colas from their concession stand. Get with the program, you nevere know, it may be in your backyard next year!

I understand his complaint. In North Laurel's circumstance, they would have to come to Johnson Central regardless due to the guidelines and the seeding. New Harlan a 3 seed plays Pikeville a 4 seed and was under the assumption since Pikeville upset Paintsville, they wouldn't have to travel.

However, Johnson Central is in Paintsville and Pikeville is about the same distance off route as Johnson Central. So just be happy, you're getting to play on a neutral field. I promise you, the atmosphere at JC will be a playoff atmosphere come Saturday. It's a big day for football in Eastern Kentucky, if you're in the area get out and come watch. Should be good all day long. Safe travels everyone.
UPSCat4080 Wrote:Nobody is complaining or saying they are going to boycott the concessions lol, but rather asking a simple question. Last time I will state it....why did KMSFA2 say all games would be hosted by the higher seed until semis and finals, but at the last minute it was changed? Nobody can say it was the plan all along because it wasn't. The confusion came because the original plan was to have high seeds host and not have a regional location....what caused the change? Nobody in the know is replying for some reason lol.

Can't speak for that particular poster, but maybe he just misspoke it happens.
Eagle84 Wrote:You are correct it had been discussed to death. But the facts do not change New Harlan is the only 5 A high school football playing in D3. I guess if you can not contend in D1 or D2 only thing left is D3. Just for the record New Harlan is not the only team which manipulates their numbers to move down classes.

Once again....clueless. Without researching for more....Letcher Central feeds into a 5A school and is in D3. Also I know different circumstances but Cumberland feeds the same 5A shook as well.
UPSCat4080 Wrote:Once again....clueless. Without researching for more....Letcher Central feeds into a 5A school and is in D3. Also I know different circumstances but Cumberland feeds the same 5A shook as well.

Sorry CLUELESS 2 D3 schools feed a Class 5A program. Numbers do not add up but you keep telling yourself they do. If Letcher uses players from all three middle schools they are manipulating or gaming the system also. No different then you. :please:
KMSFA2 Wrote:@UPSCat - please go back and look at what I posted previously.

I stated that in 2011 we held regionals at select locations such as Murray State University, Campbellsville University, Bourbon County HS, etc. I can tell you that Murray sent us a $1000 bill we had not budgeted for a month or so after the state championships for "unforseen costs incurred". That obviously caught us off guard. There were a few other cases where there were cuts of the gate that we had to give to hosts sites, etc.

I can 100% assure you that no one from Johnson County called us and "threw a fit" over anything as far as hosting. While I don't know for a fact personally, I would guess to say that the playoff coordinators most likely reached out to Johnson to host.

We have had a couple of requests from teams to host the regionals. Mr. Lantman gave you a very reasonable and rational explanation.

As I've offered many times before on this very message board to folks such as yourself who are willing to hide behind a screen name and criticize and complain - if you have this much energy and passion and enthusiasm and with such great ideas that you enjoy posting on an anonymous message board, why not volunteer? We would love to plug you in and put you to work for the betterment of the student-athletes of our Commonwealth.

My name is Jeremy Bass and I have been with the KMSFA since it's inception back in 2007. I encourage any other adults who have criticisms to post their names along with their suggestions or comments on this forum.

First of all I did read exactly what you said....how interesting though that now that I look back for the post where the guy quoted you it is gone? I do not hide behind a screen name, but rather value my privacy. It is not the most fun thing for some message board idiot to locate you by your name, find your place of employment and then file a false complaint against you only to brag about it the next morning on a message board (not BGR, but another UK affiliated).

Is the KMSFA above questioning? Does every organization and company not make mistakes once in a while? What in the heck does my name have to do with offering criticism? If I am John Doe or Jane Doe...what is the difference?

I do not know you...well I kind of do Jeremy Bass, but what I do know is that your own very words were that KMSFA would be going to a locally hosted higher seed site all the way up until State semis, but at the last minute amist all sorts of confusion from teams of all sides it was announced that there is again a regional site. I am in no way shape or form associated with New Harlan Patriots. No parent or supporter has complained one time about anything to me. I was simply asking what changed from your original comment and I have yet to get a straight reply. I will try this one more time and this question is directed for KMSFA2:

Was the original plan going into these playoffs to have the higher seeds host all games up until State Semi Finals? If not then why did you ever mention that the KMSFA was going away from regional host sites?

My name is UPSCat4080 and that is all you need to know. If you feel that your volunteering puts you above actual questioning then don't reply, but I am not going to list my personal information when you have morons on here who would love to cause trouble.
Eagle84 Wrote:One thing you got correct is the CLUELESS Part. You are completely clueless. Playing at Johnson Central is consider to be local. New Harlan is located in Region 4 of the KMSFA same as all the teams playing in Johnson Central thus, local.

JC will make money off the concessions but not the D3 Game between New Harlan and Pikeville. I am just guessing New Harlan and Pikeville each will have about 30 players. Given the distance New Harlan has to travel I would say a parent per player and 1/2 student per player will attend for New Harlan for a total 45 visitors. Pikeville being closer will travel better say at total of 75 visitors for a grand total of 120. Says each spends 5 dollars each for a total of 600 dollars. Take off about 40% for expensive and JC make a grand total of 360 off the D3 Game. To earn this 360 dollars will require 10 staff to be present for 2 hours. ( 3 on chain crew, 2 press box 4 working concessions and 1 administrator at the minimum)

Second, no one at JC really cares if the D3 game is played at JC or not. My best guess the reason the KMSFA having a regional sights is to insure qualified officials . Thus, having consistence in the officiating for all teams.

You are correct it had been discussed to death. But the facts do not change New Harlan is the only 5 A high school football playing in D3. I guess if you can not contend in D1 or D2 only thing left is D3. Just for the record New Harlan is not the only team which manipulates their numbers to move down classes.

I'm the one who asked about concession monies. First off, I could care less where the games are played. But, Johnson Central hosted last year also. Why? Where they a number 1 seed last year? That is my only complaint. JC is not going to do it out of the goodness of there heart. Secondly, If you all have a 40% expense then something is wrong and someone is skimming. A bottle of gatorade is bought for aroung $1 and sold for $2. That is a 100% profit. Same with hotdogs. Third, is the bolded part in your post. Why would you all not care? You are the hosting site and should care. I guess since you don't have a team in D3, then you shouldn't care. :eyeroll: Fourth, the part about New Harlan sounds to me like you might need a serving of cheese and crackers. From reading what you posted sure sounds like your whining over them playing in D3...and I don't even know anything about New Harlan. Just saying. I support Belfry and could care less if they had to go all the way to Mayfield to play, but last year when Northern and Southern Pulaski had to drive to JC to play left me scratching my head.
Eagle84 Wrote:Sorry CLUELESS 2 D3 schools feed a Class 5A program. Numbers do not add up but you keep telling yourself they do. If Letcher uses players from all three middle schools they are manipulating or gaming the system also. No different then you. :please:

Actually, 3 teams feed that 5A school. Cumberland, Evarts, and New Harlan. If it makes you feel better to accuse people of manipulating numbers, go for it. Its obvious that you don't have any idea what you are talking about though....
Joker's Wild Wrote:Actually, 3 teams feed that 5A school. Cumberland, Evarts, and New Harlan.

Could you elaborate on which elementary schools feed which football teams? I'm sure that Cumberland Elem. feeds Cumberland and Everts Elem. feeds Evarts but that leaves Black Mountain, Cawood, Green Hill, James A. Cawood, Rosspoint and Wallins.
UPSCat4080 Wrote:First of all I did read exactly what you said....how interesting though that now that I look back for the post where the guy quoted you it is gone? I do not hide behind a screen name, but rather value my privacy. It is not the most fun thing for some message board idiot to locate you by your name, find your place of employment and then file a false complaint against you only to brag about it the next morning on a message board (not BGR, but another UK affiliated).

Is the KMSFA above questioning? Does every organization and company not make mistakes once in a while? What in the heck does my name have to do with offering criticism? If I am John Doe or Jane Doe...what is the difference?

I do not know you...well I kind of do Jeremy Bass, but what I do know is that your own very words were that KMSFA would be going to a locally hosted higher seed site all the way up until State semis, but at the last minute amist all sorts of confusion from teams of all sides it was announced that there is again a regional site. I am in no way shape or form associated with New Harlan Patriots. No parent or supporter has complained one time about anything to me. I was simply asking what changed from your original comment and I have yet to get a straight reply. I will try this one more time and this question is directed for KMSFA2:

Was the original plan going into these playoffs to have the higher seeds host all games up until State Semi Finals? If not then why did you ever mention that the KMSFA was going away from regional host sites?

My name is UPSCat4080 and that is all you need to know. If you feel that your volunteering puts you above actual questioning then don't reply, but I am not going to list my personal information when you have morons on here who would love to cause trouble.

1. In this case Johnson is the #1 highest 8th grade seeded team, and as was posted, we are playing there.

2. Due to the fact that 4 games are played at one site, some planning has to take place, Regional finals sites were determined last week before Saturdays games to allow for said planning.

3. Sites have to have the facilities to handle a 4 game event like Regional finals. Some facilities of teams remaining are not capable of such. (This was not an issue for Region 4 but other regions)

4. Being that Regional finals are the precursor to Semi Finals in Lexington, the KYMSFA Requires board members to be present to validate all games and organize each Regional site. Being that there are a limited Number of us, we can not be at 16 different sites for games on the same day, hence why all 4 regional games are being played at 1 site.
plantmanky Wrote:1. In this case Johnson is the #1 highest 8th grade seeded team, and as was posted, we are playing there.

2. Due to the fact that 4 games are played at one site, some planning has to take place, Regional finals sites were determined last week before Saturdays games to allow for said planning.

3. Sites have to have the facilities to handle a 4 game event like Regional finals. Some facilities of teams remaining are not capable of such. (This was not an issue for Region 4 but other regions)

4. Being that Regional finals are the precursor to Semi Finals in Lexington, the KYMSFA Requires board members to be present to validate all games and organize each Regional site. Being that there are a limited Number of us, we can not be at 16 different sites for games on the same day, hence why all 4 regional games are being played at 1 site.

Thanks for the reply. New Harlan will play anywhere and their fans will follow in the same fashion that the Black Bears do. Hopefully I can make the drive up I75 next Saturday to watch them in the semis. Good luck to all!
UPSCat4080 Wrote:Thanks for the reply. My only question was as to why KMSFA2 alluded to there being no regional sites this year and then BAM....regional site. New Harlan will play anywhere and their fans will follow in the same fashion that the Black Bears do. Hopefully I can make the drive up I75 next Saturday to watch them in the semis. Good luck to all!

I cant find the smiley of the dude smacking him self in the forehead, but thats what I want to post here.
Eagle84 Wrote:Sorry CLUELESS 2 D3 schools feed a Class 5A program. Numbers do not add up but you keep telling yourself they do. If Letcher uses players from all three middle schools they are manipulating or gaming the system also. No different then you. :please:

What on God's green Earth are you talking about? THREE MIDDLE SCHOOL PROGRAMS feed into Harlan County High School. Cumberland is made up of kids from Cumberland, which has the most enrollment out of all elementary schools in Harlan County. Evarts is made up of Evarts and Black Mountain Elementary schools. New Harlan is made up of Green Hill (0 players), Cawood (2 players), JACES (1 player) and Rosspoint and Wallins who make up the rest.

Are you alluding to the completely and utterly false statement that New Harlan uses players from other teams? What are you even talking about? PLEASE....PLEASE go back to your mother's basement and think for a while before you post again. I hope you are actually a kid because for an adult to be this incompetent is very, very scary.
plantmanky Wrote:I cant find the smiley of the dude smacking him self in the forehead, but thats what I want to post here.

What are you talking about? You answered my question and I said thanks.

***I edited that post because I can see where it looks like I am still asking the same question haha. Never mind on that one.***
KMSFA2 Wrote:@UPSCat - please go back and look at what I posted previously.

Re-read my comment at the end of this thread (I'm guessing you accidently overlooked it) for my personal answer to your question:

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...227&page=3
Quote:Could you elaborate on which elementary schools feed which football teams? I'm sure that Cumberland Elem. feeds Cumberland and Everts Elem. feeds Evarts but that leaves Black Mountain, Cawood, Green Hill, James A. Cawood, Rosspoint and Wallins.
Cumberland is fed by Cumberland Elementary--the largest school in the county. Evarts is fed by Black Mt. and Evarts. New Harlan is fed by Rosspoint, Green Hill (who doesn't have a player on the team) Cawood, JACES, and Wallins.

I really don't know how many times we have to go over this. New Harlan does take kids from 5 schools--one of which has about 150 kids in grades K-8. There are a total of 157 boys in the 7th/8th grades in those schools--that's from a KDE document (not manipulated numbers as you FALSELY accuse.) The cutoff for Division 1 in KYMSFA was raised to 160 in 2011. Somewhere along the line, adults are going to have to get past saying that everything that doesn't go their way happened because someone else cheated. Its not true and for you to question the integrity of adults that you don't have clue about is classless.
When will the whining ever end? I'm sure anyone ASSOCIATED with all the teams that are playing Saturday are just proud that their teams are still in it and are ready to compete. Traveling is just part of the game gentleman. Always will be. Good luck everyone, and lets have some great football games Saturday!!!
Joker's Wild Wrote:Cumberland is fed by Cumberland Elementary--the largest school in the county. Evarts is fed by Black Mt. and Evarts. New Harlan is fed by Rosspoint, Green Hill (who doesn't have a player on the team) Cawood, JACES, and Wallins.

I really don't know how many times we have to go over this. New Harlan does take kids from 5 schools--one of which has about 150 kids in grades K-8. There are a total of 157 boys in the 7th/8th grades in those schools--that's from a KDE document (not manipulated numbers as you FALSELY accuse.) The cutoff for Division 1 in KYMSFA was raised to 160 in 2011. Somewhere along the line, adults are going to have to get past saying that everything that doesn't go their way happened because someone else cheated. Its not true and for you to question the integrity of adults that you don't have clue about is classless.

So what's the population numbers for Division 2??
Joker's Wild Wrote:Cumberland is fed by Cumberland Elementary--the largest school in the county. Evarts is fed by Black Mt. and Evarts. New Harlan is fed by Rosspoint, Green Hill (who doesn't have a player on the team) Cawood, JACES, and Wallins.

Don't argue with facts Joker's Wild....they are irrelevant in conversations with some on this board lol.
New harlan will be in d3 for the next couple of years because the numbers get even lower after this 8th grade class goes to high school. All I have to say is you might as well accept new harlan in d3 because it is not going to change any time soon. New harlan has a very solid 5th and 6th grade team this year and could make another good run in 2 years in D3 because that's where they will be unless something major happens with the schools numbers.
I have a question, my name is john doe and I would like to know why the KY Middle School Association gets half of the gate money while teams have to split it 25% each among each other.

Gate--1,000
MS Association gets 500
Team 1 gets 250
Team 2 gets 250

What is this money used for? Didnt schools already pay an entry fee into the MS association to be in the state tourny?

Seems shady to me. Whose pockets are getting full?
UPSCat4080 Wrote:First of all I did read exactly what you said....how interesting though that now that I look back for the post where the guy quoted you it is gone? I do not hide behind a screen name, but rather value my privacy. It is not the most fun thing for some message board idiot to locate you by your name, find your place of employment and then file a false complaint against you only to brag about it the next morning on a message board (not BGR, but another UK affiliated).

I take no issue with you asking questions. I would have no problem apologizing had I misspoke. No comments or posts by me were deleted. You are using part of what I said and trying to assert that as my whole statement. I used the words "when financially doable". I meant just that.

What I do take exception to is a man/woman/boy/girl/whatever you are coming on a website and questioning our integrity. It's misplaced, irresponsible, inflamatory, and cowardly.

My grandfather always said to never argue with a fool. He said that no matter how you go, the fool doesn't he/she is a fool.

You've had your question answered twice by Mr. Lantman. Hopefully this (finally) satisfies your curiosity/obsession.
Full deck Wrote:I have a question, my name is john doe and I would like to know why the KY Middle School Association gets half of the gate money while teams have to split it 25% each among each other.

Gate--1,000
MS Association gets 500
Team 1 gets 250
Team 2 gets 250

What is this money used for? Didnt schools already pay an entry fee into the MS association to be in the state tourny?

Most of the money from the Regional playoffs goes to pay for the trophies for Regional winners, Semi Finalist Trophies, Runner up and Champion trophies.

I think its 32 trophies in all.
Full deck Wrote:I have a question, my name is john doe and I would like to know why the KY Middle School Association gets half of the gate money while teams have to split it 25% each among each other.

Gate--1,000
MS Association gets 500
Team 1 gets 250
Team 2 gets 250

The KMSFA is a registered 501©3 non profit.

All of our financial statements are available to KMSFA member coaches, ADs, and administrators.
KMSFA2 Wrote:The KMSFA is a registered 501©3 non profit.

All of our financial statements are available to KMSFA member coaches, ADs, and administrators.

Since you are non profit and I am neither and AD, Coach, or Adm, where does the money go and to do what with it. Seems like a lot of money is made of of this thing.

Trophies dont cost that much and it could paid with money spent on entry fee to be in the MS State Tourny.

Why doesnt the MS Tourn people take 25% and the host team get 50%. Seems the school does all the work and the MS Tourny just comes in and takes the money.

At Pulaski when they played Corbin there was an official there to collect the money like they were afraid of losing a dollar.
Not accusing anyone of anything, but here are just some figures to throw around.

Hypothetical using the BARE MINIMUM

There are 20 games that will be played ALONE in D3 not including the State Semi Finals and Finals that will draw much larger crowds. Say that each game averages 100 paid entrances of $5 each...that is $500 (probably is much larger than 100 paid at least based on what I see each Saturday). KMSFA takes 50% so that means they would take in atleast $250. 20 games in D3 at $250 each game comes to be $5000. That is not including the entry fees.

Those must be some pretty darn big, nice expensive trophies if that is where the $5000 plus dollars (bare minimum) is going....just for D3 runner up and champions.
UPSCat4080 Wrote:Not accusing anyone of anything, but here are just some figures to throw around.

Hypothetical using the BARE MINIMUM

There are 20 games that will be played ALONE in D3 not including the State Semi Finals and Finals that will draw much larger crowds. Say that each game averages 100 paid entrances of $5 each...that is $500 (probably is much larger than 100 paid at least based on what I see each Saturday). KMSFA takes 50% so that means they would take in atleast $250. 20 games in D3 at $250 each game comes to be $5000. That is not including the entry fees.

Those must be some pretty darn big, nice expensive trophies if that is where the $5000 plus dollars (bare minimum) is going....just for D3 runner up and champions.

Dont forget the entry feee just for being part of the playoffs, even if you dont make it you still pay.