Region 4 finals
Region 4 finals - johnson county high school, paintsville ky
time grade visitor home
1100am 8d2 east carter belfry
130pm 8d3 pikeville new harlan
400pm 7th corbin johnson co
630pm 8d1 north laurel johnson co
Go Jags, Get Some!!!
Good luck new harlan lets go to Lexington!!!
Should be some really physical games. Good luck to all the teams.
MR. Slate Wrote:Region 4 finals - johnson county high school, paintsville ky
time grade visitor home
1100am 8d2 east carter belfry
130pm 8d3 pikeville new harlan
400pm 7th corbin johnson co
630pm 8d1 north laurel johnson co

how did they decide the times im gonna have to miss the frist two i was wanting to see befrly ec and then nl and jc.
Good question about times??
I would say the times are to accommodate for the travel time for north laurel and corbin. That's about a 3 1/2 to 4 hour bus ride for both those schools.
The higher seeds should play at home so they can acquire gate money to pay for the expense of traveling to Lexington and playing to games in the finals if they advance.

They shouldn't have to play at a neutral site that is only neutral so Johnson Central can fatten their pockets with gate money from 7 other teams...period.
Leonidas Wrote:The higher seeds should play at home so they can acquire gate money to pay for the expense of traveling to Lexington and playing to games in the finals if they advance.

They shouldn't have to play at a neutral site that is only neutral so Johnson Central can fatten their pockets with gate money from 7 other teams...period.

This would be a great point if it were true, but its not, like most things out your mouth.
Leonidas Wrote:The higher seeds should play at home so they can acquire gate money to pay for the expense of traveling to Lexington and playing to games in the finals if they advance.

Before you speak, at least know what you are talking about. JC doesn't get the money. It is split among each team and KMSFA sends people to take up gate.
Johnson Central does not get the gate money, but that still does not mean that it is fair for New Harlan to have to travel 2.5-3hrs as the top seed to play a lower seed who is 30 minutes down the road.

What happened to the whole idea that neutral regional site games had cost the KYMSFA money, so they were going to have the high seed host all the way up until the semis and finals?

Seems like that was the plan and then someone swooped in who had some pull and had it changed last minute. Don't kid yourselves....something went on to make the change back.

East Carter- 70 miles
Belfry- 60 miles
Pikeville- 40 miles
New Harlan- 113 miles
Corbin- 132 miles
North Laurel- 118 miles
Johnson Central 7th and 8th- Back Yard

For Pikeville (the lower seed) to drive to New Harlan (the higher seed) it would be around 80 miles. Why should New Harlan have to drive 113 miles acroos Pine Mountain, Stinnett, Hindman, Hazard etc....when they are the high seed and the plan to begin with, as quoted in an earlier thread, was to allow high seeds to host up until Lexington?
Guys instead of complaining about travel, be thankful your team is in it. These eighth graders better get use to travel. High school is much worse. Will you drive these many miles next year when they are in high school? Driving to a regional site is a part of playoffs. Don't want to travel then don't enter into the tournament. Good luck to all teams. Letcher would drove anywhere to be a part of the regional finals.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
UPSCat4080 Wrote:Johnson Central does not get the gate money, but that still does not mean that it is fair for New Harlan to have to travel 2.5-3hrs as the top seed to play a lower seed who is 30 minutes down the road.

What happened to the whole idea that neutral regional site games had cost the KYMSFA money, so they were going to have the high seed host all the way up until the semis and finals?

Seems like that was the plan and then someone swooped in who had some pull and had it changed last minute. Don't kid yourselves....something went on to make the change back.

East Carter- 70 miles
Belfry- 60 miles
Pikeville- 40 miles
New Harlan- 113 miles
Corbin- 132 miles
North Laurel- 118 miles
Johnson Central 7th and 8th- Back Yard

For Pikeville (the lower seed) to drive to New Harlan (the higher seed) it would be around 80 miles. Why should New Harlan have to drive 113 miles acroos Pine Mountain, Stinnett, Hindman, Hazard etc....when they are the high seed and the plan to begin with, as quoted in an earlier thread, was to allow high seeds to host up until Lexington?

Would you like to have some cheese and crackers to go alone with the wining you are doing?
Let’s make sure I understand what you are saying. You take the best players in a county that has 5 A footballs I believe around 5 or 6 middle schools and manipulate the system to get in D3 the lowest division. Then you want to get on a post and imply JC is the reason you have to travel. The reason you have to travel as everyone else is because that was how the KMSFA had set up the playoff from the beginning. Before you register to pay if you would have communicated effective with the KMSFA you would have known where the Regional Finals was going to be located. In the future can you and LEONIDES educate yourself before posting on a message board?

If you want to disagree with the KMSFA playoff plan fine do that but keep you accusation and insults out of the post.
Jaguar Nation will be there to support our young men we are Jagwired! The place and time is set, it is time to concentrate on the next opponent. Our boys will use this travel time to strengthen their bonds with one another. We are family!!! Go Jags, GET SOME!!!
MR. Slate Wrote:Before you speak, at least know what you are talking about. JC doesn't get the money. It is split among each team and KMSFA sends people to take up gate.

Then let the teams play on their own fields if there is no monetary gain.
plantmanky Wrote:This would be a great point if it were true, but its not, like most things out your mouth.

Hahaha

Then what's the reasoning for a neutral site?

Don't tell me its to cut down on travel expense because I remember S. Pulaski having to travel all the way to Paintsville to play N. Pulaski last year. Whatever money they received from the gates probably put them in the red because of their travel cost.

cougarpride, shut up and quit brown nosing. If your team was still in it you might have a dog in the fight but since you don't your opinion isn't needed.
Who gets the concession monies?
Whether you like me or i say what is on my mind. Don't like it then ooh well. I don't lose sleep over it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Leonidas Wrote:Hahaha

Don't tell me its to cut down on travel expense because I remember S. Pulaski having to travel all the way to Paintsville to play N. Pulaski last year. Whatever money they received from the gates probably put them in the red because of their travel cost.

cougarpride, shut up and quit brown nosing. If your team was still in it you might have a dog in the fight but since you don't your opinion isn't needed.

1. In this case Johnson is the #1 highest 8th grade seeded team, and as was posted, we are playing there.

2. Due to the fact that 4 games are played at one site, some planning has to take place, Regional finals sites were determined last week before Saturdays games to allow for said planning.

3. Sites have to have the facilities to handle a 4 game event like Regional finals. Some facilities of teams remaining are not capable of such. (This was not an issue for Region 4 but other regions)

4. Being that Regional finals are the precursor to Semi Finals in Lexington, the KYMSFA Requires board members to be present to validate all games and organize each Regional site. Being that there are a limited Number of us, we can not be at 16 different sites for games on the same day, hence why all 4 regional games are being played at 1 site.
Crossbones Wrote:Who gets the concession monies?

Hosting Site gets all concessions money.
Any word in region 2 site and times?

What reason would I be brown nosing since my team is out? Everyone's opinion is welcome considering this is a open forum.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

There is always one every year, that's for not letting the tradition end.

:Thumbs:
Does anyone know how much tickets will cost for the region finals this Saturday at Johnson central?
footballcrazyman Wrote:does anyone know how much tickets will cost for the region finals this saturday at johnson central?

$5.00
Eagle84 Wrote:Would you like to have some cheese and crackers to go alone with the wining you are doing?
Let’s make sure I understand what you are saying. You take the best players in a county that has 5 A footballs I believe around 5 or 6 middle schools and manipulate the system to get in D3 the lowest division. Then you want to get on a post and imply JC is the reason you have to travel. The reason you have to travel as everyone else is because that was how the KMSFA had set up the playoff from the beginning. Before you register to pay if you would have communicated effective with the KMSFA you would have known where the Regional Finals was going to be located. In the future can you and LEONIDES educate yourself before posting on a message board?

If you want to disagree with the KMSFA playoff plan fine do that but keep you accusation and insults out of the post.

You are 100% clueless. It had been discussed at nauseum about New Harlans makeup an how they are one of three teams that makeup a declining 5A populated high school. 5 schools are included in the team, but two send virtually zero kids. Someone is mad that their team is out and can't beat the Patriots. If your going to be sour then be sour at KMSFA because they classified them as D3.

As for the response about why it is at Johnson Central above....why was it stated by KMSFA2 that it would be local until Lexington? I'm glad you included the part about host school getting concessions because that is where the money is. Schools only get 1.25 per person at the gate which is nothing, so I am guessing Johnson Central three a fit when they thought they would not get to host the regional site. Get consessions for four different games on one day...who would want to miss that. And don't say they host because they are th #1 overall seed for 8th grade because that is bologna.
Honestly belfry is #1 seed but the pond creek nation would follow them wherever I hate that being a parent you would feel like your child regardless of the seed of the team shouldn't have to travel ...what happens if they make it to state or when they go to the high school they will travel... I will follow my son regardless and not question anything with that being said Go Pirates!!!
Ballmom25 Wrote:Honestly belfry is #1 seed but the pond creek nation would follow them wherever I hate that being a parent you would feel like your child regardless of the seed of the team shouldn't have to travel ...what happens if they make it to state or when they go to the high school they will travel... I will follow my son regardless and not question anything with that being said Go Pirates!!!

I don't have a kid on the team and am in no part officially affiliated with them. It is my hometown team that I keep up with and have many friend who are parents that have kids on the team. The Patriots don't care to travel, but I am simply stating the principle of the thing. Everyone keeps stating high school thy have to travel, but the fact is that they do not have to travel for the regional championship in football OR EVEN SEMIFINALS when hey are the higher seed. What nobody seems to be answering is this WHY DID KMSFA2 state that games would be hosted by high seeds until semis and finals in Lexington because of region sites losing money and then at the last minute it comes out that it is back to Johnson Central?
I beleive, and this in my opinion, that they chose Johnson central because Johnson has 2 teams still in playoffs that are 1 seeds and the other schools in that region don't. Sid it was so each 1 seed gets to host that would put 3 sites for regional championship games alone in region 4. And they stated that they have to have a board member at each game, so logisiticaly it works out better.

As far as the money goes, tell your fans not to buy from there concessions and tailgate the games with your own food if you have a problem with them keeping concession money (the food they are selling is the food that school bought).

The gate money is to be split evenly between all the teams playing at that site AFTER the referees are paid.

But again that's my opinion for this regional site.

HUGE Thanks goes out to the KYMSFA and KMSFA2 for all the hard work and long hours you all put it to get this together for our boys (and girls if your team has any on it), this is always a great event and we always have fun. Even though my teams are out, I will be coming to the games I can and enjoying great KY middle school football.
I know the folks at North Laurel, are NOT complaining about a little road trip - the kids are wired and ready to go on up the mountain to the next level. Let the games begin. I know the folks in Laurel County, will support Johnson County & be purchasing hot dogs & their colas from their concession stand. Get with the program, you nevere know, it may be in your backyard next year!