Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County 7 Corbin 0
I will not say anything. It could cost the Corbin fans to go ahead and jump.......and Gut.....Like I said Corbin wont duplicate the Wayne game this year. Wayne will beat Corbin by 3 TD if they play again, which I am now doubting. Good job Bobcats, you are the better team.
oldhound70s Wrote:Waddle has a severely sprained ankle. He went down after a catch in the first offensive series. It looked pretty nasty when they iced it on the sideline. I doubt he will play next week but they won't need him against Casey. The loss of Waddle didn't cause them to lose this one though. Poor coaching and coming out flat lost this one. Good job Bell, you were ready to play and we weren't. I'll be rooting for you from here on out unless we meet again.

That's the truth!!! Out coached and out played the team was flat as could be! Coach Jewell cannot coach he closed up the play book and made some very poor decisions in the second half. No hard feelings here hope bell goes on and takes out central!!

GO BIG RED!!
Bell did a lot of thing right tonite! And out played corbin. Even though corbin lost their best player in the first quarter, #8 taylor waddle he is the best receiver, one of 2 of the best backs, and plays senior defense very well. But Bell played their side of the ball very well and had less to work with. Bells line made enough holes and Caldwell ran well. Also Corbins pass defense ( # 4 ) needs to tone his ego down. As he found tonite trailing a receiver by 4 yards with less than 30 seconds to go, whom ( the receiver made a good catch at the 2 yard line to set up the only score of the game and the winning score with 18 seconds to go in regulation. The personal penalty 15 yards, corbins # 4 had, also almost cost them a score if it had not been for the Corbin Defensive line. And harley lambert had one of the nicest open field tackles ( in the backfield when he pancake the running back.) Harley stopped him dead in his tracks, stood him up and put him down with no fear. Glad I am in the stands whew. Bell too had a great backfield tackle with less than 2 min to take over on downs after stopping corbin on a forth and 2 on Corbins side of the field which is where most of the game was played. Maybe Corbin, they should of Punted. But it was one of the most exiting games I have seen. 0-0 with 30 secs to go and it was never boring. Well so much for the Corbin team of the Decade, which now has 2 looses and wins over mediocre teams. Looks like Corbin will get one more shot at bell on the Mount in the playoffs. See you there.
footballfever Wrote:for someone who went to midnight madness you sure are informed

I have a little cousin that plays for Corbin.
My entire family was at the game last night.
What are you insinuating? That i went to the Corbin game instead of midnight madness?
Demarcus ware Wrote:First congrats Bell, this was an awesome win for you guys!!!!!

Second, only GUT could piss off the winning team to the point they start calling you a food stamp drawing obama lover Confusednicker:

Its a gift. Confusednicker:

Ole Topcat is still pissed off I see :biglmao:
Daddycat27 Wrote:You sure give it to them though! Who will win the Bell HC game gut?

Bell by 60.
I predicted a close game but,I didn't expect this, Bell has steadly improved and sometimes your team just comes out flat that combined with home field and Bell County tradition says A lot, compare this with the WC score and it certainly makes sense, Go Bell bring the mountains a win from Louisville. Go Corbin Bring us a win over Wayne then we will see a true picture. AND A HELL OF A FOOTGALL GAME
They have your number Gut!! LOL

ANYTIME that Bell plays on Log Mountain and wins, it's not a surprise to me!!

I hear this game was a defensive tush hawg battle!! Congrats to both teams on their effort, and to the Bobcats on a huge victory!!

Also, hope Waddle is okay!
Bell did a lot of thing right tonite! And out played corbin. Even though corbin lost their best player in the first quarter, #8 taylor waddle he is the best receiver, one of 2 of the best backs, and plays senior defense very well. But Bell played their side of the ball very well and had less to work with. Bells line made enough holes and Caldwell ran well. Also Corbins pass defense ( # 4 ) needs to tone his ego down. As he found tonite trailing a receiver by 4 yards with less than 30 seconds to go, whom ( the receiver made a good catch at the 2 yard line to set up the only score of the game and the winning score with 18 seconds to go in regulation. The personal penalty 15 yards, corbins # 4 had, also almost cost them a score if it had not been for the Corbin Defensive line. And harley lambert had one of the nicest open field tackles ( in the backfield when he pancake the running back.) Harley stopped him dead in his tracks, stood him up and put him down with no fear. Glad I am in the stands whew. Bell too had a great backfield tackle with less than 2 min to take over on downs after stopping corbin on a forth and 2 on Corbins side of the field which is where most of the game was played. Maybe Corbin, they should of Punted. But it was one of the most exiting games I have seen. 0-0 with 30 secs to go and it was never boring. Well so much for the Corbin team of the Decade, which now has 2 looses and wins over mediocre teams. Looks like Corbin will get one more shot at bell on the Mount in the playoffs. See you there
I think I was 1 of the very few who picked Bell to win on here. I felt like the bye week and having a chance to go back to work and get those young guys better was a big difference. Bell shot itself in the foot a lot early though. They were inside the 10 and then the 20 in the 1st half and didn't score. Then didn't score the 1st drive of the 2nd half with great field position. But the defense played like a Bell County defense for the 1st time in a while.

Hats off to Corbin. They have great pride and played Bell tougher than they have in probably a decade.
I think I was 1 of the very few who picked Bell to win on here. I felt like the bye week and having a chance to go back to work and get those young guys better was a big difference. Bell shot itself in the foot a lot early though. They were inside the 10 and then the 20 in the 1st half and didn't score. Then didn't score the 1st drive of the 2nd half with great field position. But the defense played like a Bell County defense for the 1st time in a while.

Hats off to Corbin. They have great pride and played Bell tougher than they have in probably a decade.
Hurt an ankle bad in the first quarter.
I was impressed with how hard Corbin played. I don't think they have played like that in a few years. I don't know how flat they where early. They seemed pretty pumped to me. The bobcats really layed the wood early and took some of the air out of the Corbin ballon quickly!

Great team effort by bell. If I recall Corbin had 20 yds and 1 first down at halftime. Don't know final stats. I hope both waddle and Caldwell for bell are ok going forward. Good luck to the rehounds the rest if the way!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Oh, you didnt know that huh?
Before getting on to me you should realize Waddle went down early in the game and did not return.
Waddle is Corbins offense. They had to move Taylor to QB and that messes with Corbins entire game plan.

You mean the coaches son is gone and now waddle can play running back, dont you.
I know losing Waddle was a killer, but you are not a great team if you can't overcome the loss of one player. Above average maybe, but not great. I mean if he is a senior, can we assume Corbin will suck next year since he won't be playing? The real issue no one has directly addressed is Corbin going for it on 4th and three on their own side of the 50 with 2 minutes to go. Even their radio announcers were sure they would just try to get Bell to jump offsides, then punt if they didn't. From there you have to take your chances in overtime.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Bell by 60.

If you plan to hijack that thread, you will regret it!
Cong: to Coach Mills and Bell County. Maybe some people will get off Mills and the Bell Co. Team. Mills can Coach and Bell will be fine.
I didn't understand going for it and playing for overtime. Hope Waddle heals quickly. He is a good football player and a nice kid.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:There were TWO of you that posted on the Bell/Wayne thread after i told you Wayne would put up a running clock on you. Would you like me to put that thread at the top so you can see?
Only BellCoFaithful and one other posted that i remember.
When you dont come eat your crow, expect hell for it.

Just because I don't get on here and argue with u doesn't mean I am not a BELL FAN :ChairHit: I don't have to argue with someone on a web site to show my support for them, I do it at every game that I can go to if I don't have to work. A TRUE FAN SUPPORTS THEM WIN OR LOSE, NOT JUST WHEN THEY ARE WINNING!!!! We are BELL and like I said If they don't win another game I will still WEAR BELL COUNTY ACROSS MY CHEST and BE PROUD TO OF IT!!!! :Cheerlead GO CATS :Cheerlead :Cheerlead :haters:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I dont hate Bell County. After all, Dudley will be at Whitley next year :biglmao:

If Dudley goes to Whitley GOOD LUCK TO HIM, Which I don't think that will happen but who knows. I think we are FINE WITH WAYNE and if PEOPLE WOULD SHUT THAT MOUTH AND LET HIM DO HIS D** JOB WE WOULD BE EVEN BETTER.:redboxer:
ArJay Wrote:I think I was 1 of the very few who picked Bell to win on here. I felt like the bye week and having a chance to go back to work and get those young guys better was a big difference. Bell shot itself in the foot a lot early though. They were inside the 10 and then the 20 in the 1st half and didn't score. Then didn't score the 1st drive of the 2nd half with great field position. But the defense played like a Bell County defense for the 1st time in a while.

I went with the cats on the original post. :Cheerlead
This game should put the Corbin faithful back to the reality that they are good this year but not the super team they think they are. I mean they literally made fun of Bell County leading up to this game. They basically in their minds still thought they were better than Wayne after losing to them and screamed lets play again. Corbin realistically could be done in the first round of playoffs now that they are gonna be 3 in district. And if they do win they will get the much wanted rematch.
Cellking Wrote:Cong: to Coach Mills and Bell County. Maybe some people will get off Mills and the Bell Co. Team. Mills can Coach and Bell will be fine.

Mills calls the offense. Fred Hoskins runs the def. Hoskins is the best dline and def co. Coach in state . Mills is still not out of woods. Season not over. There are other issues.
Matt Dillon Wrote:This game should put the Corbin faithful back to the reality that they are good this year but not the super team they think they are. I mean they literally made fun of Bell County leading up to this game. They basically in their minds still thought they were better than Wayne after losing to them and screamed lets play again. Corbin realistically could be done in the first round of playoffs now that they are gonna be 3 in district. And if they do win they will get the much wanted rematch.

If you look at the post from the Corbin faithful we all said bell is bell and playing on log mountain is never easy. Corbin fans still know we have a super team!!! We again Dillion can play with ANYBODY! Better bring your A game win the hounds come to town! The game against bell was just the same as Wayne anybody could have won. Even without Waddle the hounds should have won the game but were out coached so bad it's not even funny! We all know your a Corbin hater and couldn't control yourself from trolling over here twice and posting garbage but what should we expect :flush: If Corbin wins then old Matt Dillion stays on his own thread!!!!

Go Big Red!
I did notice bell co defense called every play before the snap these boys did their dues and put in some time in game film. Hats off to the kids and to Fred hoskins you had your d ready!
Surprising outcome. But the result exposed more vulnerabilities about Corbin than it did Bell. It doesn't really matter if someone got hurt. The final score reflects how you dealt with or adapted to the problem. You can bet that the final score is a lesson not to be forgotten by Corbin's future opponents.
Tica Wrote:Surprising outcome. But the result exposed more vulnerabilities about Corbin than it did Bell. It doesn't really matter if someone got hurt. The final score reflects how you dealt with or adapted to the problem. You can bet that the final score is a lesson not to be forgotten by Corbin's future opponents.

Vulnerabilities? Corbins secondary is awful anybody that watched any film knows that and without waddle all you have to stop is Coppick off tackle. Bell co will have a tuff time on any team that can throw the ball also. I don't known why Corbin didn't try and throw the ball more especially with waddle out. Is that why Corbin lost no they should still beat bell without waddle they were out coached 100%. The bell kids did what they needed to do and to me their was no lesson or vulnerabilities to take away from this game. A stupid decision to got for it on 4th down in your own territory with less then two min to go followed up by a blown coverage hail Mary with 20 seconds to go pretty much done the trick. The end result Corbin is better off headed to Wayne then louisville central still would have been nice to beat bell the seniors at Corbin are 0-4 against bell. Corbin is about 27-3 against Wayne all time and we already played them to the wire.

GO BIG RED!!!
You will be 27-4 if you come back. And I will remind you of it.
Matt Dillon Wrote:You will be 27-4 if you come back. And I will remind you of it.

I have a ton more class then you do so when Belfry lays the wood to Johnson Central I'm not going to TROLL onto your thread and say anything.

:welcome:

Go Big Red!!
Granny Bear Wrote:They have your number Gut!! LOL

ANYTIME that Bell plays on Log Mountain and wins, it's not a surprise to me!!

I hear this game was a defensive tush hawg battle!! Congrats to both teams on their effort, and to the Bobcats on a huge victory!!

Also, hope Waddle is okay!

This is what happens when you trust Corbin to do your dirty work :biglmao: