Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryle Football Coaching
Have all these parent-coaches been in the system all along? As stated before, if a coach has been there awhile and his kid simply comes up through the grades, you can't expect him to quit. One thing not mentioned: there's a lot of pressure on a kid from his peers, and on the parent when he/she is the coach. As evidenced here, lots of comments whether a player is good enough to play or only plays because of daddy. A no-win situation for both, usually.
TNT-MB1 Wrote:Were starting early this season:Clap:

And it's not a signature win but it's a win that will help secure another season for the core group if Coaches to be brought back for another season.

The outlook is bright in Union with these future 3 classes, but a coach that goes 1-10 after a 3-8 and a 7-5 is hard to keep. Finishing 2-9 or 3-8 would be better only considering the schedule they have played this far. There opponents combined record is 44 - 28 this far and that must be considered as well. I like Warner I think next season will be a return to success for his staff.

If he motivates his team to play and there are some players that step into much needed roles I think they have a chance of winning one of the last two games and maybe a playoff game. The offense has looked much improved and a lot of players who have been out the previous few games will be back for CCHS Friday.

And yes I know you are happy Dust.

I agree the schedule is tough but not near as tough as it was in 2011 or 2012. None of the teams added to this years schedule could compete with Colerain, Highlands, Columbus Desales, and the only other one that is iffy is Henry Clay who is pretty good this year. They went 7-5 after losing Travis Elliott in 2011. The last years team should have been much better which would truly make this the rebuilding year. There is limited amount of talent in the senior class although they are good football players. I hope they get it going because the talent in the lower levels is very good. Coach Warner will hopefully get it figured out.
hardcore1 Wrote:I agree the schedule is tough but not near as tough as it was in 2011 or 2012. None of the teams added to this years schedule could compete with Colerain, Highlands, Columbus Desales, and the only other one that is iffy is Henry Clay who is pretty good this year. They went 7-5 after losing Travis Elliott in 2011. The last years team should have been much better which would truly make this the rebuilding year. There is limited amount of talent in the senior class although they are good football players. I hope they get it going because the talent in the lower levels is very good. Coach Warner will hopefully get it figured out.

Last year was definitely a disappointment and I agree this schedule isn't as hard but this group isn't half as talented as what should of came of last season. This year should of been the only rebuild year like SK's was in 2011 when they went 2-9.

Next year I believe Warner should have a good season. Harden will be in 2nd year as OC, which should greatly benefit the offense now that they have picked a QB. (Knock on wood no injuries) Colin England, Lex McGregor, Beagle and Vince Jarvis have shown flashes of brilliance on offense as what to expect in the future. Plus a whole year of Rytlewski to Arnwine will greatly help as that is a huge target at receiver.

I expect them to be exceptional as juniors next year. But I also expect them to help the Raiders finish strong these next few weeks. Colin at WR/PR could work out very well he just doesn't run like a back.
mandan Wrote:Have all these parent-coaches been in the system all along? As stated before, if a coach has been there awhile and his kid simply comes up through the grades, you can't expect him to quit. One thing not mentioned: there's a lot of pressure on a kid from his peers, and on the parent when he/she is the coach. As evidenced here, lots of comments whether a player is good enough to play or only plays because of daddy. A no-win situation for both, usually.

I'm not sure who all ten of the coaches are that Big Red is referring to but here's what I think
Wolf- been around forever
Belk- coached john through pee wee and has moved up with John since freshman
Rabe- coached Jake at union raiders and freshman. Remains a freshman coach
Ross-coached his boys in peewee, came to union raiders went with freshman team with Chase. I think he has coached JV when Logan was a soph.
Demetrakis- coached varsity while Collin was a union raider, now coaching Collins freshman team
Lokey- second year as freshman coach, I think his son plays jv
I posted to inform any one that was listening that yes their are dads that caoch, but the son's that play deserve to play. Woolf is a no brainer. Coach Woolf has the defense playing well right now. I was told by the LB's coach (Collinsworth) that belk is like 3rd on the team in tackles, he blocked two punts against Cooper to win the game. His dad was Freshman head coach 2 years ago and moved up to varsity. Ross is 6'3 270 pounds, and is one of their best lineman,. His dad coaches Freshman. Rabe plays J.V. only, Absire (who's dad is the field manager) plays special teams on varsity, and plays J.V. Lokey plays J.V. only. His dad coaches defense for Union Raiders and freshman. I really don't see any daddy play being played.
I dont know the inside dynamics of Ryles team but why in the world would a head coach not play the best players? Freshman starts dont always turn into varsity starters. Heck freshman players sometime play different positions at the varsity level. Ryle had a very good bunch at the freshman level two years ago. Coaching staffs have to play kids in roles they can help the team. also you have to keep kids iinvolved. Making the jump to JV and then varsity is a big one. I feel big kids make this jump easier. A few Dixie JRs this year never played jv. Freshman then sophomore seanson started varsity. The ones for Dixie that made the jump and had great seasons are all big kids. QB 6'3 TE 6'5 220 DL 6'3 270 LB 6'0 210. You have to look like a varsity player to be one.
I think they have the England kid in the wrong position myself. I think he could be a dynamic DE or OLB. I know everyone wants to touch the ball, but how much value does he give at WR if he only touches it 4-5 times a game at most? Put him on D where his speed and athleticism rules. Bet you if a college come calling that's what they do with him.
bluedad1 Wrote:I think they have the England kid in the wrong position myself. I think he could be a dynamic DE or OLB. I know everyone wants to touch the ball, but how much value does he give at WR if he only touches it 4-5 times a game at most? Put him on D where his speed and athleticism rules. Bet you if a college come calling that's what they do with him.
That kid has RB LB written all over him. He plays wr?? I will say freshman stats success dont always equal varsity numbers. Half the starters on a freshman team may never start varsity. So as a good freshman your playing against kids that just arent big enough fast enough at least half of them. Thats why freshmen numbers are hard to read.
bluedad1 Wrote:I think they have the England kid in the wrong position myself. I think he could be a dynamic DE or OLB. I know everyone wants to touch the ball, but how much value does he give at WR if he only touches it 4-5 times a game at most? Put him on D where his speed and athleticism rules. Bet you if a college come calling that's what they do with him.

He'd be a big back and he's still growing I'd expect him to enter next season at 6'3" or 6'4". He's has the motion of a a reciever with the ball. He does not run like a back even thru his success at previous levels he runs straight up. I do agree he could be a great OLB possibly even SS. The offensive scheme of Ryle doesn't fit his abilities. They have started to adapt it and I believe if he wouldn't if been injured before half he woul of seen multiple more opportunities in the second half. I am excited to see him if he is ready to go Friday. If not this Friday then vs Dixie. He is a talented player
What you don't know about England is that from wating him at games and some practices is that he does not like contact. I hear he got a concussion at Cov. He excels on J.V. level at RB, but still has a kid mind set on varsity level. He is not physical enough playing defense.
I
FirstDown Wrote:What you don't know about England is that from wating him at games and some practices is that he does not like contact. I hear he got a concussion at Cov. He excels on J.V. level at RB, but still has a kid mind set on varsity level. He is not physical enough playing defense.

That's JV a lot of great JV players never translate to varsity.
Varistiy mindset like you pointed out is crucial to the development of a high school prospect. I watched him in peewee when he played a mixture but I always thought he was at his best was at TE or WR.

I think with a full offseason he could be physical enough to play safety. He's already played a lot stronger and more physical his last 2 games. I expect this concussion will have some affect on that progress but I hope not much. LB may indeed be pushing the bill.

My main point is that next season if he continues to grow he will be a very tall back for NKY football and 6a football in general. A 6'3, 6'4" back is pretty damn big. You have to figure he is about 6'1.5" now
FirstDown Wrote:General information to shed some light. The King brothers did not come to any summer workouts. They both were badly out of shape when they finally reported. And from what I could see watching J.V. games they had every chance to make a impact but did not. It is a huge step up from freshman football to J.V. and even larger step to varsity. I hear they are not around now, because of grades. They were awesome to watch during freshman games, but this is not freshamn football anymore.
Really classy of you to throw them under the bus for grades. I'm sure they wanted their academic issues made public. Based upon reading all 3 of your post, I am inclined to think thast you may be one of the coaches. They did not come to "Non-mandatory" winter work outs as they were playing competive baseball. Out of shape? Maybe, but being fat, angry and loud does not qualify anyone to be a football coach. If Belk Jr. is third on tackles, thats a no brainer if you are in on every defensive play.Why does he not have more? Even a blind squirell can find a nut occassionally.
And yes, his dad was the freshman coach two years ago, ck their record. Did you witness his tyraid at the Conner game? "He got into a shouting match with Coach Wlfe(who should be the head coach) after his son was reamed by Warner for an obvious late hit on Barker. It was heard even in the pressbox. Fine example of leadership.
^i like this guy he brings the heat
I don't think Belk is a problem.
Belk Jr plays hard especially for his size. The problem I had was there was little rotation. But we asked and tonight vs Campbell it came. It didnt help muh and there wasn't as much as I'd hope for but I will take it as a start in the right direction. I liked the scheme I don't think it will work with Rytlewski at QB.
But it is another "step in the right direction"

Rytlewski has a lot of issues with his mechanics in his motion and his delivery that prevent him from having a strong passing ability. Versus Brandt who has a good motion with a strong on target Delivery.
Leadership would side with Rytlewski and I'd say on speed there even.

Rytlewski had receivers open on most plays with few drops. He constantly over threw or under threw recievers and his interception was right to the Campbell player. He has made some progress but IMO give him till half vs Dixie and if he still goes 2-17 in the first half of a ball game or whatever the stat was.
It's time to yank him and try someone else.
if warner stays is there any hope for next year? ryle has only won two games in the last fifteen. I saw brandt dad is now coaching . what does he coach?
This happens at every school. Several daddy coaches on every bench.
I haven't heard if he is coaching. I am pretty sure he was the honorary Coach for that game. It's a fundraiser prize they offer every year at Raise the Raiders.

Yes Warner comes back they should be good I would expect a shot at the district title next season. You have to factor in the on multiple series there was only 1 senior on defense 6 juniors and 4 sophomores. On offense they only start 2 Seniors Hill/Sowards and sometimes Ashcraft.

Next season they will be fine. This is why they are bad but this youth will be battle tested and scared for next season. I expect big things from them.

QB
..... Open position
Rytlewski and Brandt (JRs) have not proved to be the answer.

O-line returning next season
Ross.......C Jr............(Great Center will not switch positions)
Hiles...... LG Soph....(3-yr starter potenital)
Hall...... T/G Jr........ (Would expect to be RG next season)
Teepen.T/G Jr....(Has started LT/RG/RT but I expect he'll to move into LT next yr)
Ch Ross......C/T Fr...(has not played any varisty YET but would expect him at RT next season)

Recievers/Backs...
Woolfe....... HB Jr...... (I would expect him to be more D less O next yr)
Beagle....... WR Soph...(should be number 2 reciever again)
England..... ATH Soph...(playmaker)
McGregor... HB Soph...(Feature back for next season)
Jarvis .......HB/FB Soph....(Short yardage)
Pogilano... WR/QB Soph....(has seen a lot more snaps the past 2 games)
Bateman...HB Soph......(Woolf will probably see reduced carries so I would expect Bateman more in his role)

D-Line
Ross....... DT JR.......... (His role should diminish as Soph play up)
Brandt..... DE/QB JR... (Has been a huge spark the past two games)
Woolf......LB JR...........(S-T-U-D)
Belk ...DE/LB JR.......(fast enough but he really needs to beef up this off season)
Sam...DT JR..........(New kid but has an excellent swim move & blazing speed)
Locke...CB JR.........(look for him to step up in the remaining weeks)
Brownell..ATH Jr.....(Could be. S if they don't move Brandt there)
Meiman...LB Soph...(played Varsity snaps as a freshman)
Wright...DB Soph...(is a good Corner in the works for the Raiders)
Jarvis....DT Soph...(plays tough despite size)
Safety--- at this point needs major work I have never seen so many passing Tds given up by a Ryle defense. D-BAcks have been almost non-existsnt this season
Bateman...ATH Sooh... (Should see significant time next year)

S/T
Brownell...P JR... (Missle Launcher for a foot)
Bouldin.....K JR....(has improved so much over this season)
KR/PR- England, Locke, Wright
*wondered why they don't ever try Florenza in this spot. I understand Pee Wee and Freshamn are a whole seperate level but I used to watch this kid break 30-35 yd runs on every kick return like it was nothing.
Know what I find funny? The "person" who started this thread threw some very serious comments out there and has not come back to defend/agree on other's comments.

But it sure looks like we're getting a bunch of new members from Union though
wmrandolph Wrote:Really classy of you to throw them under the bus for grades. I'm sure they wanted their academic issues made public. Based upon reading all 3 of your post, I am inclined to think thast you may be one of the coaches. They did not come to "Non-mandatory" winter work outs as they were playing competive baseball. Out of shape? Maybe, but being fat, angry and loud does not qualify anyone to be a football coach. If Belk Jr. is third on tackles, thats a no brainer if you are in on every defensive play.Why does he not have more? Even a blind squirell can find a nut occassionally.
And yes, his dad was the freshman coach two years ago, ck their record. Did you witness his tyraid at the Conner game? "He got into a shouting match with Coach Wlfe(who should be the head coach) after his son was reamed by Warner for an obvious late hit on Barker. It was heard even in the pressbox. Fine example of leadership.

Coach Belk vs Conner stood at the 50 yard line while both teams were doing their team warm ups yelling crap to Drew Barker. It was pointed out to Woolf by the Conner staff. Then his son gets two very obvious late hit personal foul penalties for late hits on Barker. Wow that was a surprise like father like son
Who makes the call on keeping/retaining a high school coach? Is it irate parents influencing the AD? Is it wins and losses. Is it "just wait till next year"again? Does this year become three years in a row for a sideline full of injured players?
mason Wrote:Coach Belk vs Conner stood at the 50 yard line while both teams were doing their team warm ups yelling crap to Drew Barker. It was pointed out to Woolf by the Conner staff. Then his son gets two very obvious late hit personal foul penalties for late hits on Barker. Wow that was a surprise like father like son

This is Coach Belk, and you need to get your facts straight. I was not yelling at Barker on the 50 yard line, I was yelling at our players trying to get them fired up from the Tweet that Drew sent out saying to come out that night and watch him put on a show. For those who know me would never believe I would never taunt a kid. I have all the respect in the world for any kid who comes out and plays football. Now I don't mind you starting false information about me. But when you come out and talk crap about my son we have a problem. Yes Jon had a late hit on Barker, and I pulled him and he didn't play another down that night. He is not a dirty player, and where you say like father like son is uncalled for. If you don't like me that is fine, but don't ever call my son a dirty player. PM me if you want to discuss this futher. Or I can send you my cell number and we can discuss this like men and not hide behind screen names. I am sorry I am upset, but my son has worked hard to be on that field. I have no part for him starting for Ryle. He earned it himself.
There's not a coach on Ryle's staff who's kid hasn't earned his playing time. There's no "daddy ball" going on there. They're in those positions because they are the best at that position. I also know coach Belk and don't believe that he would ever taunt another player. He coaches with intensity and there's nothing wrong with that.
you state that KC schools dont allow coaches to coach their sons. But doesn't Marksberry's son play for him.......
Personally i dont think it matters. As long as the coach has the best interest of the team than who cares. Just rhetoric.

Play ball.
RaiderSquad Wrote:This is Coach Belk, and you need to get your facts straight. I was not yelling at Barker on the 50 yard line, I was yelling at our players trying to get them fired up from the Tweet that Drew sent out saying to come out that night and watch him put on a show. For those who know me would never believe I would never taunt a kid. I have all the respect in the world for any kid who comes out and plays football. Now I don't mind you starting false information about me. But when you come out and talk crap about my son we have a problem. Yes Jon had a late hit on Barker, and I pulled him and he didn't play another down that night. He is not a dirty player, and where you say like father like son is uncalled for. If you don't like me that is fine, but don't ever call my son a dirty player. PM me if you want to discuss this futher. Or I can send you my cell number and we can discuss this like men and not hide behind screen names. I am sorry I am upset, but my son has worked hard to be on that field. I have no part for him starting for Ryle. He earned it himself.

Standing Ovation sir :Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap:
I do find it interesting that i have been 1 of maybe 3 Raider fans on this site for the past 4 years and all of the sudden ship takes a couple cannon balls and this place is crawling with Raider fans. :dontthink:dontthink:ChairHit::ChairHit:
BIGman88 Wrote:you state that KC schools dont allow coaches to coach their sons. But doesn't Marksberry's son play for him.......
Kenton Co does not have a policy on this:Thumbs:
BIGman88 Wrote:you state that KC schools dont allow coaches to coach their sons. But doesn't Marksberry's son play for him.......

Quinton Marksberry and Jeff Marksberry are not related.
nky Wrote:Know what I find funny? The "person" who started this thread threw some very serious comments out there and has not come back to defend/agree on other's comments.

But it sure looks like we're getting a bunch of new members from Union though

Sorry, I've been dealing with the death of a parent, (Hope that you find that funny too) There are things more important in life than Ryles lack of quality coaching and leadership. I stand by all my comments and the 1400 + views indicate that I can't be all wrong.