Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryle Football Coaching
I'VE KEPT QUIET FAR TOO LONG OVER THIS.

Of the 19 Ryle coaches on the sidelines, 10 have sons or grandsons on the team. All are starters on varsity or JV. Many play both ways. Only Ryan Wolff and the older Ross brother deserve to play both. I got a copy of the 2012 freshman stats when I made my sons highlights DVD. The King twins accounted for over 30% (92 total) of the freshmen tackles. When they reported for the 2013 season, they were moved to offensive line. One coaches son with 18 total tackles has the starting spot over one of the Kings who had 51 tackles.
What is the message being sent here?
BIG RED Daddy Wrote:I'VE KEPT QUIET FAR TOO LONG OVER THIS.

Of the 19 Ryle coaches on the sidelines, 10 have sons or grandsons on the team. All are starters on varsity or JV. Many play both ways. Only Ryan Wolff and the older Ross brother deserve to play both. I got a copy of the 2012 freshman stats when I made my sons highlights DVD. The King twins accounted for over 30% (92 total) of the freshmen tackles. When they reported for the 2013 season, they were moved to offensive line. One coaches son with 18 total tackles has the starting spot over one of the Kings who had 51 tackles.

Brother, It's not about what you know.... It's who you know. Sounds like all those coaches you mentioned are rubbing elbows with the head coach in hope for their kids to have more playing time.
lol! If that is the case, they deserve what they have.:biglmao:
19 coaches? That's way too many IMO, unless Ryle dresses like 200 kids or something...
geauxtigers75 Wrote:19 coaches? That's way too many IMO, unless Ryle dresses like 200 kids or something...

Too many CHIEFS, and not enough Indians, right??/:biglmao:
Don't you mean to many chiefs not enough RAIDERS?
maybe someone should help out more around the program so their son can play more?
BIG RED Daddy Wrote:I'VE KEPT QUIET FAR TOO LONG OVER THIS.

Thank you for pointing that out I have wondered the same thing since the Kings were Freshman. Why would you move them when there are plenty of big kids to play O-Line and worse case play them both ways on JV.

Warner needs to go back to the way it was with less of the fatherly involvement. More coaches less fathers. Now a few of the coaches that are fathers are decent coaches and Woolfe is a great coach. Warner is a good coach his record speaks for itself but I would like to point out that the past two season have had more relative coaches than his successful seasons. Now I like all the Ryle fans are tired of a 1950s O but I have seen an adapting offense as the season has moved on. They are moving towards the 80s now and I will take that.

Another thing that should be pointed out is that there offensive coordinator was the defensive backs coach for the past 10 years. Now this season the strength of the Ryle defense has diminished I don't think because they don't have the talent but because they usually have a strong defensive back field. There fundamentals are not there. Where in the past with less talented groups than this one they had performed better.

I think Harden has definetly improved the offense the problem I see is that the kids are still learning a different system than the one there used to playing. They have improved a lot over the last 3 games. Once they fix the small mistakes (missed blocks, wrong routes, dropped balls) they could be a strong offense. Vs Boone it looked like they had it down but small mistakes and turnovers killed them. Vs Cov Cath they put it all together but were visibly exhausted by the 4th (4 o-line playing both ways going against a heavily rotated cov Cath front). So you aka yourself do you expect to move the ball in that situation.
Vs Campbell I am hoping to see a complete game start to finish.

Warner told the kids he was looking for players in the JV games to see varsity snaps on Friday. We will see if they do Friday night and if so I would expect a possible victory for the Raiders. Campbell and Ryle always play tough and always are a similarly matched team. This game will come down to if the Raiders can stop Mr Avery Wood.
I think Warner secured his job with his win over Boone. The meltdown at cov Cath could be reversed because there were a couple very questionable missed calls and made calls that changed the outlook of the fourth.

I think even if they do finish 2-8 and are knocked out of the first round he still remains. Next year will be the test they have a strong Jr class with an exceptional sophomore class and this freshman class has steam rolled all competition even without the prized Tanner Morgan. There will be know excuses for anything less than a 6 win season next year.

An interesting thing to point out is the principle now has a direct tie to the program with his son. So the pressure is on in my eyes.

Next year-
SK - will be good but not half of what they have now
Campbell - should be about the same as now
Dixie- dominant strong Jr/sophomore class coming up.
Boone- I think they will make .500 next season after the kids settle into the new system and Floyd is moved back to running back.
Ryle- I believe they will return to a strong force they are very young this year. Their are a lot of sophomores and juniors seeing majority of the time.
I personally have no issues at all with Ryle's approach. It is my hope that they continue this philosophy for MANY years to come. You guys are just sore losers and do not look at the losing ways of Ryle as positively as I do......:biggrin:
My son started out in BCPWFL and played freshman ball as an 8th grader for one of the Boone County Schools. At that time, the head coaches son was the starting varsity QB over a player who most considered to be better, even by some of the staff.

Even though my son was not directly involved, this was enough to make me start looking around. In my mind, if there is an agenda that displaces putting the best performing kids on the field, then the situation is unacceptable.

Interestingly enough, the Kenton County Schools have specific policies against coaches having kids on a team. We made the move and have never regretted it. The BC schools as a collection are struggling and the KC schools are flourishing and this policy is a large contributing factor.
Not that I disagree with you and the fact that maybe there are too many coaches with sons BUT pick 6 are you telling me that if I have been coaching 20 years like Mike Woolf and my son comes to high school I should quit my job or profession just because my son is playing, that is crazy. I would think that Coach Warner is putting the best team out there to try and win. I know that the Belk kid, his dad coaches and I can assure he belongs on the field. Woolf is a great two way player even though there is where I see the problem. At the beginning of the season they had 81 kids on the and have so many playing both ways to me in 6A ball is not going to lead to success.
There is there main problem^ 81 kids for a 6a program and 8 played both ways at one point in the game this past Saturday. (Not including ST)

Belk belongs there coach and player. Rotation behind them is my problem. Id say of the 10 relatives 5 are not necessary. That's my Opinion. I am really hoping for the rotation that is needed. They have the players play them and build for next year if they aren't good enough. The more kids okay the harder it's is to keep them healthy as the season wears on.
hardcore1 Wrote:Not that I disagree with you and the fact that maybe there are too many coaches with sons BUT pick 6 are you telling me that if I have been coaching 20 years like Mike Woolf and my son comes to high school I should quit my job or profession just because my son is playing, that is crazy. I would think that Coach Warner is putting the best team out there to try and win. I know that the Belk kid, his dad coaches and I can assure he belongs on the field. Woolf is a great two way player even though there is where I see the problem. At the beginning of the season they had 81 kids on the and have so many playing both ways to me in 6A ball is not going to lead to success.

This was the exact scenario we walked into. The position coach was overruled by the head coach, and the decsion was not based on merit. There does need to be some control in place to prevent this. It is more common to see coaches come and leave with thier kids, making it clear what their agenda is. I agree it is a little grayer with tenured coaches. But a policy like KC is about the tool I've seen to prevent this.

It might help some if BC dropped thier strict district enrollment policies and allowed for open enrollment. Having schools compete for players might reduce some of this.
Who are the 10 coaches? I'm not close to the team but I do have a kid on JV.
I can only think of Belk and Wolf at HS, Rabe at JV, Ross, Demetrakis and Lokey at freshman. What 4 am I missing?
TNT-MB1 Wrote:I think Warner secured his job with his win over Boone. The meltdown at cov Cath could be reversed because there were a couple very questionable missed calls and made calls that changed the outlook of the fourth.

I think even if they do finish 2-8 and are knocked out of the first round he still remains. Next year will be the test they have a strong Jr class with an exceptional sophomore class and this freshman class has steam rolled all competition even without the prized Tanner Morgan. There will be know excuses for anything less than a 6 win season next year.

An interesting thing to point out is the principle now has a direct tie to the program with his son. So the pressure is on in my eyes.

Next year-
SK - will be good but not half of what they have now
Campbell - should be about the same as now
Dixie- dominant strong Jr/sophomore class coming up.
Boone- I think they will make .500 next season after the kids settle into the new system and Floyd is moved back to running back.
Ryle- I believe they will return to a strong force they are very young this year. Their are a lot of sophomores and juniors seeing majority of the time.
Woo-hoo! Signature win versus Boone! When does basketball start?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Cannon Still Roars.....
Can you dig it? Wrote:Woo-hoo! Signature win versus Boone! When does basketball start?

Were starting early this season:Clap:

And it's not a signature win but it's a win that will help secure another season for the core group if Coaches to be brought back for another season.

The outlook is bright in Union with these future 3 classes, but a coach that goes 1-10 after a 3-8 and a 7-5 is hard to keep. Finishing 2-9 or 3-8 would be better only considering the schedule they have played this far. There opponents combined record is 44 - 28 this far and that must be considered as well. I like Warner I think next season will be a return to success for his staff.

If he motivates his team to play and there are some players that step into much needed roles I think they have a chance of winning one of the last two games and maybe a playoff game. The offense has looked much improved and a lot of players who have been out the previous few games will be back for CCHS Friday.

And yes I know you are happy Dust.
FYI the King boys quit two weeks ago
I did notice they weren't around lately. Wondering if they would be enrolled at Ryle next semester. BTW, what's wrong with playing on the O- line? Lord knows we need help up there. Could have helped the team.
Pick6 Wrote:My son started out in BCPWFL and played freshman ball as an 8th grader for one of the Boone County Schools. At that time, the head coaches son was the starting varsity QB over a player who most considered to be better, even by some of the staff.

Even though my son was not directly involved, this was enough to make me start looking around. In my mind, if there is an agenda that displaces putting the best performing kids on the field, then the situation is unacceptable.

Interestingly enough, the Kenton County Schools have specific policies against coaches having kids on a team. We made the move and have never regretted it. The BC schools as a collection are struggling and the KC schools are flourishing and this policy is a large contributing factor.

Pick6 Wrote:This was the exact scenario we walked into. The position coach was overruled by the head coach, and the decsion was not based on merit. There does need to be some control in place to prevent this. It is more common to see coaches come and leave with thier kids, making it clear what their agenda is. I agree it is a little grayer with tenured coaches. But a policy like KC is about the tool I've seen to prevent this.

It might help some if BC dropped thier strict district enrollment policies and allowed for open enrollment. Having schools compete for players might reduce some of this.
1. What is their policy? Never heard that they had one.
2. Coaches can not get tenure. They are on a 1 year contract and must be notified by May 15 if the contract will not be renewed.
raiderjack Wrote:I did notice they weren't around lately. Wondering if they would be enrolled at Ryle next semester. BTW, what's wrong with playing on the O- line? Lord knows we need help up there. Could have helped the team.

Nothing is wrong with it the problem is they were better defensive players than offensive players. My thing was let them play defense in rotation on Fridays and I line for JV. They need to d line rotation bad on Fridays.

This Campbell game with be a big test it will show a lot about this team.
Wow - that's too bad. I thought those kids were pretty dynamic- especially so on defense.
I saw where someone said Ryle started with 81 players. At the Cov Cath game I counted no more than 60+ incl the injured. Have that many quit?
Not saying they weren't great on defense, they were.And they're both great kids, always respectful. Just saying that the O line definitely needs help and perhaps these kids could provide that help.
General information to shed some light. The King brothers did not come to any summer workouts. They both were badly out of shape when they finally reported. And from what I could see watching J.V. games they had every chance to make a impact but did not. It is a huge step up from freshman football to J.V. and even larger step to varsity. I hear they are not around now, because of grades. They were awesome to watch during freshman games, but this is not freshamn football anymore.
nky Wrote:1. What is their policy? Never heard that they had one.
2. Coaches can not get tenure. They are on a 1 year contract and must be notified by May 15 if the contract will not be renewed.

I was told there is a policy, but looking for it I don't find one. I can say at SK, this is practice. Another reason this is practice is that coaches get professional development training that involves travel. Parent coaches around for three or four years would not fit this model.

You are taking the literal meaning of the word tenured. In my usage, it only means that the coach has been in the program for some time, at least 5 years.
bluedad1 Wrote:Wow - that's too bad. I thought those kids were pretty dynamic- especially so on defense.
I saw where someone said Ryle started with 81 players. At the Cov Cath game I counted no more than 60+ incl the injured. Have that many quit?

6-8 have quit there are tons of injuries. Kevin Walker and David Aulick didn't even make it into the season and there were to gigantic loses for them this season losing Lanping who was a strong leader was yet another blow. But there are some that have stepped into those roles that have helped them play a lot better in the past two games. Vince Jarvis is a fire plug small but has played like he's 6'2" on the D Line in a rotation role. He's a great pile pusher at full back as well. Reminds me of a mini Kris Pridgen
Pick6 Wrote:I was told there is a policy, but looking for it I don't find one. I can say at SK, this is practice. Another reason this is practice is that coaches get professional development training that involves travel. Parent coaches around for three or four years would not fit this model.

You are taking the literal meaning of the word tenured. In my usage, it only means that the coach has been in the program for some time, at least 5 years.
Being around for 5 years means nothing and a coach can be let go at any point with no recourse. SK may have an unspoken policy (which is what by the way? you can't coach if your child is on the team? ) but Kenton Co does not.
FirstDown Wrote:General information to shed some light. The King brothers did not come to any summer workouts. They both were badly out of shape when they finally reported. And from what I could see watching J.V. games they had every chance to make an impact but did not. It is a huge step up from freshman football to J.V. and even larger step to varsity. I hear they are not around now, because of grades. They were awesome to watch during freshman games, but this is not freshman football anymore.
It is that time of year when eligibility checks are being performed
FirstDown Wrote:General information to shed some light. The King brothers did not come to any summer workouts. They both were badly out of shape when they finally reported. And from what I could see watching J.V. games they had every chance to make a impact but did not. It is a huge step up from freshman football to J.V. and even larger step to varsity. I hear they are not around now, because of grades. They were awesome to watch during freshman games, but this is not freshamn football anymore.

One post wonder what your purpose is:Clap:
looks like to inform