Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No National Anthem?
It's a shame that there isn't a prayer before every game and it's a shame the national anthem isn't played before every game. Things are really gettin bad and it's happening really quick. Some people may be offended by prayer. Well if offends me when a prayer isn't offered up before a game. It's wrong that one person who is offended by something like the anthem or prayer is more important in the governments eyes then a whole stadium full who are offended when the prayer isn't there. The minority is more important then the majority in their opinion I suppose. I just think it's wrong. I respect others beliefs..if they wanna get outta their seat at a ballgame and pray to Allah right in the middle of the game I'll respect their beliefs and I wont be offended....why then are they offended when we pray before the game? And if people don't want to hear the national anthem then they can get the hell outta here. These people enjoy the freedoms of this great country while at the same time disrespecting it and taking working to take away that things we enjoy such as the anthem or prayer. I didn't mean to preach but it's just wrong!
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:The way I see it is that if the band can play the halftime show, they can play the National Anthem! Far from small stuff IMO, the game comes secondary to honoring our troops, Nation, and our freedom.

:Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs:
Beef Wrote:I'm all for prayer but there is a difference beween no prayer and no national anthem. Prayer has been ruled against the law to be said in some places, but there will never be anything wrong with playing the national anthem.

I know theres a difference. I said "and I include Prayer" a lot of people go ahead with Prayer anyway and others take a minute of silence to keep from having problems from actually Praying. Prayer being against the law is just pathetic anyway!
BIG JOHN Wrote:No offence, but I don't consider Pre-game Prayer and the playing of the National Anthem small stuff. Those are two traditons that have helped to make this country great and this as well as other things are happening less and less. It seems that for these reasons kids and some adults as well are losing respect for there country, school, players, fans, and each other. With that being said, if we can't keep hold of the so called "SMALL STUFF" , how can we expect everyone to stay focused on the Big Stuff? I.e. work, school, church, friends, fans, family, players, coaches, teachers, citzens,etc.. Just my opinion but I have watched this country ever so slowly nit pik these things apart to the point that there is no such thing as personal responsibility...

:Thumbs:
Coach Wrote:It's a shame that there isn't a prayer before every game and it's a shame the national anthem isn't played before every game. Things are really gettin bad and it's happening really quick. Some people may be offended by prayer. Well if offends me when a prayer isn't offered up before a game. It's wrong that one person who is offended by something like the anthem or prayer is more important in the governments eyes then a whole stadium full who are offended when the prayer isn't there. The minority is more important then the majority in their opinion I suppose. I just think it's wrong. I respect others beliefs..if they wanna get outta their seat at a ballgame and pray to Allah right in the middle of the game I'll respect their beliefs and I wont be offended....why then are they offended when we pray before the game? And if people don't want to hear the national anthem then they can get the hell outta here. These people enjoy the freedoms of this great country while at the same time disrespecting it and taking working to take away that things we enjoy such as the anthem or prayer. I didn't mean to preach but it's just wrong!

:1:
Sorry for all of the quotes LOL but I've been out of town and I'm just catching up. Loving the fact we all agree on something and what it is that we agree on and I'm loving these post!!! :Thumbs: I would like to have quoted most everyone!

I received an e-mail a long time ago...I wish I could find it. It was about what this country was founded on and if you dont like it GO HOME
it is a shame that prayer before a game is illegal because i think it helps if nothing else most of the parents fell better about it, but its horrible that there was no national anthem.. i wish there was a person from that school that could explain why there wasn't