Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: No National Anthem?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I attended the Taylor County/Campbellsville game Friday night @ Campbellsville High School and there was no playing of the National Anthem before or during the game. It was the first time that I had ever been to a sporting event in which the anthem had not been played. I personally felt offended that it was not played, especially when the band played at halftime and was better than most bands that are at bigger schools.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I attended the Taylor County/Campbellsville game Friday night @ Campbellsville High School and there was no playing of the National Anthem before or during the game. It was the first time that I had ever been to a sporting event in which the anthem had not been played. I personally felt offended that it was not played, especially when the band played at halftime and was better than most bands that are at bigger schools.

I agree!! And I include Prayer for the team members...its not right without it!! They say they take these things out because they dont want to offend anyone...what about those who are offended because its missing?
Sometimes it is just technical difficulties. It can happen if the school hasn't properly prepared for the game. It happens more than you think. No big deal to me, if that is the only negative thing that happened at the game, then you had a great night!!!
Don't sweat the small stuff!!
:Thumbs: I agree
bball fan Wrote:Sometimes it is just technical difficulties. It can happen if the school hasn't properly prepared for the game. It happens more than you think. No big deal to me, if that is the only negative thing that happened at the game, then you had a great night!!!
Don't sweat the small stuff!!
The way I see it is that if the band can play the halftime show, they can play the National Anthem! Far from small stuff IMO, the game comes secondary to honoring our troops, Nation, and our freedom.
Pirates~R~Us Wrote:I agree!! And I include Prayer for the team members...its not right without it!! They say they take these things out because they dont want to offend anyone...what about those who are offended because its missing?
I'm all for prayer but there is a difference beween no prayer and no national anthem. Prayer has been ruled against the law to be said in some places, but there will never be anything wrong with playing the national anthem.
It is PATHETIC that prayer and the National Anthem is brought up among schools and events..If you don't agree with the Anthem, then get the HELL out of our country. And if you disagree with prayers and the posting of the 10 Commandments...Then cover your ears..Because this is the way it is..This is what is wrong with all of you and this country/world..You crazy people who disagree with all of this are a wasted soul anyway..And if I get booted from BGR, then I will go out standing up for what I HIGHLY believe in....
yea me being in the army it affends me and i wasent even there i think before a game they should have prayer and play the national anthem
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:It is PATHETIC that prayer and the National Anthem is brought up among schools and events..If you don't agree with the Anthem, then get the HELL out of our country. And if you disagree with prayers and the posting of the 10 Commandments...Then cover your ears..Because this is the way it is..This is what is wrong with all of you and this country/world..You crazy people who disagree with all of this are a wasted soul anyway..And if I get booted from BGR, then I will go out standing up for what I HIGHLY believe in....
You have came nowhere close to saying anything to get in trouble here. Express all you want :Thumbs:

And on a side note, I believe that prayer SHOULD be there. I was just stating that no prayer is due to the laws that have been made. I agree with your whole statement!!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:It is PATHETIC that prayer and the National Anthem is brought up among schools and events..If you don't agree with the Anthem, then get the HELL out of our country. And if you disagree with prayers and the posting of the 10 Commandments...Then cover your ears..Because this is the way it is..This is what is wrong with all of you and this country/world..You crazy people who disagree with all of this are a wasted soul anyway..And if I get booted from BGR, then I will go out standing up for what I HIGHLY believe in....
I agree a 110%
Beef Wrote:I'm all for prayer but there is a difference beween no prayer and no national anthem. Prayer has been ruled against the law to be said in some places, but there will never be anything wrong with playing the national anthem.
The reason that Prayer was ruled illegal was because it offended some, but I think there are as many if not more offended by there not being prayer in schools or related events!
Amen to that...i dont know why it wasnt played, but if either band played at the halftime, then they should have played the National Anthem. If they didnt play it because they didnt want to offend some terrorists, then they should be brought to absolute shame, and we should pray for them, during the next game's team prayer :Thumbs:
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Amen to that...i dont know why it wasnt played, but if either band played at the halftime, then they should have played the National Anthem. If they didnt play it because they didnt want to offend some terrorists, then they should be brought to absolute shame, and we should pray for them, during the next game's team prayer :Thumbs:
I saw Taylor County do a "team-Prayer" before the game and during a break for a player injury, but there was no Prayer over the loud-speak or Anthem......I was in my seat at the 50 yard line one hour before kickoff! I asked the guy next to me if it was common for the school to not play the Anthem because I was from Eastern Kentucky and we make sure to play it, no matter how bad the bands are....lol.
I have e-mailed a complaint to the local paper and several news outlets, I hope they get some bad press and they do not do this again.

I agree 100%%%%
well id rather hear a bad band play the National Anthem than none at all! It really pisses me off though. And there is flat out NO EXCUSE for not praying. I would hope to think, that of all the people in this country that get offended so easily, that it wouldnt carry over to high school football. Its disgraceful, and i dont mean to get political, but if it offends someone to hear prayer or the anthem, i say turn up the microphone, play it ten times louder and after its over, tell those offended to take their asses back to the taliban.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I saw Taylor County do a "team-Prayer" before the game and during a break for a player injury, but there was no Prayer over the loud-speak or Anthem......I was in my seat at the 50 yard line one hour before kickoff! I asked the guy next to me if it was common for the school to not play the Anthem because I was from Eastern Kentucky and we make sure to play it, no matter how bad the bands are....lol.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:well id rather hear a bad band play the National Anthem than none at all! It really pisses me off though. And there is flat out NO EXCUSE for not praying. I would hope to think, that of all the people in this country that get offended so easily, that it wouldnt carry over to high school football. Its disgraceful, and i dont mean to get political, but if it offends someone to hear prayer or the anthem, i say turn up the microphone, play it ten times louder and after its over, tell those offended to take their asses back to the taliban.
:thumpsup:
this is pretty pathetic i have never heard of anyone not playing the national anthem before a game in my whole life.... atleast not the ones i have been to
as far as the prayer goes i would recammend that but it is the law that they dont have to. but from now on play the anthem people.
No offence, but I don't consider Pre-game Prayer and the playing of the National Anthem small stuff. Those are two traditons that have helped to make this country great and this as well as other things are happening less and less. It seems that for these reasons kids and some adults as well are losing respect for there country, school, players, fans, and each other. With that being said, if we can't keep hold of the so called "SMALL STUFF" , how can we expect everyone to stay focused on the Big Stuff? I.e. work, school, church, friends, fans, family, players, coaches, teachers, citzens,etc.. Just my opinion but I have watched this country ever so slowly nit pik these things apart to the point that there is no such thing as personal responsibility...
I was in a pretty good mood before this forum.... I cant believe that we live in a country that prohibits prayer..... never thought i would see that happen, but i guess its just the beginning....
i have never been to a game that didnt play the anthem, but im sure it happens!!!
i have to give Pond Creek big props, i havent missed a game in 3 years and each and every time, there is a prayer over the loudspeaker along with our National Anthem...
if we dont stand up for our rights pretty soon, we're gonna be screwed in a big way!!!
a few yrs from now, we'll be hiding in a basement somewhere having our bible study like some third world country.... getting way of track here, i know, but it just burns my butt!
BIG JOHN Wrote:No offence, but I don't consider Pre-game Prayer and the playing of the National Anthem small stuff. Those are two traditons that have helped to make this country great and this as well as other things are happening less and less. It seems that for these reasons kids and some adults as well are losing respect for there country, school, players, fans, and each other. With that being said, if we can't keep hold of the so called "SMALL STUFF" , how can we expect everyone to stay focused on the Big Stuff? I.e. work, school, church, friends, fans, family, players, coaches, teachers, citzens,etc.. Just my opinion but I have watched this country ever so slowly nit pik these things apart to the point that there is no such thing as personal responsibility...
I agree, we can play the game because we have the freedom to do so, and thus the Anthem. As for Prayer, it trumps all because we have what we have with thru the grace of GOD.
finally, a thread in which everybody agrees...we all may not agree on a lot of things, but its good we agree on the most important things such as morals, values and standards. Our country was founded on the principles through and of God, and its came to a point to where we are defending OUR belief in Him, to have prayer, to worship Him, and to give our thanks to Him. And what some of these people that have forgotten about, is that without Him, there would be no football. There would be no National Anthem, there would be no America. If its going to offend some muslims, then so be it. Not that i would EVER CARE about offending some muslims. This is OUR country. Under ONE GOD. And play our Anthem LOUD AND PROUD.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:finally, a thread in which everybody agrees...we all may not agree on a lot of things, but its good we agree on the most important things such as morals, values and standards. Our country was founded on the principles through and of God, and its came to a point to where we are defending OUR belief in Him, to have prayer, to worship Him, and to give our thanks to Him. And what some of these people that have forgotten about, is that without Him, there would be no football. There would be no National Anthem, there would be no America. If its going to offend some muslims, then so be it. Not that i would EVER CARE about offending some muslims. This is OUR country. Under ONE GOD. And play our Anthem LOUD AND PROUD.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:finally, a thread in which everybody agrees...we all may not agree on a lot of things, but its good we agree on the most important things such as morals, values and standards. Our country was founded on the principles through and of God, and its came to a point to where we are defending OUR belief in Him, to have prayer, to worship Him, and to give our thanks to Him. And what some of these people that have forgotten about, is that without Him, there would be no football. There would be no National Anthem, there would be no America. If its going to offend some muslims, then so be it. Not that i would EVER CARE about offending some muslims. This is OUR country. Under ONE GOD. And play our Anthem LOUD AND PROUD.
i agree 100% and on a side bar it really burns me when the Anthem or Prayer is said that some people will not shut up stand still or pull off there hats it might seem trival to some but it shows absolutley no respect i think
I so agree..I feel like beating a man down when I see him with a hat on during the anthem
Booted???
I'm nominating you for a staff position.

"You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything"
Unfortunately, the silant majority is overrun by the loud and opinionated minority and that is the way it is, for now. Discussions like this can spark bigger things and I am proud of everyone who has spoken up. I myself will express my faith in GOD wherever I want whenever I want, and I will face the consequences with my head held high. I will honor my country and remember that without the sacrifices that have been made by GOD, and the troops who fought for our freedom, we would not have the opportunities to play/watch games and such as we do.
Which goes back to what I said, more and more people are forgetting why they have the freedom to play football on friday night. It's because of The Flag, The National Anthem, and the Great Americans who defend them. Most of all prayer. To Quote a Great Man, " apart from me YOU CAN DO NOTHING.", that would be Jesus Christ.
Again no respect and a lack of personal responsibility.
The quote by the way is from The Holy Bible if you need to check it out. John 15:5.
BIG JOHN Wrote:Which goes back to what I said, more and more people are forgetting why they have the freedom to play football on friday night. It's because of The Flag, The National Anthem, and the Great Americans who defend them. Most of all prayer. To Quote a Great Man, " apart from me YOU CAN DO NOTHING.", that would be Jesus Christ.
Again no respect and a lack of personal responsibility.
Pages: 1 2