Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 27 Christian Acad. of Knoxville (TN) 21
Not bad Belfry. Beating a private school that reminds me a lot of NCC and Cov Cath. Good win.
congrats Belfry,i did pick you guys to lose this one,way to show me wrong...
CAK is very well coached.

Props to Reed Williamson #12, Sr. Reserve safety who stepped up and did his job in the defensive backfield. Tough situation to make your first start. I'm sure the young man had a lot of fun.

I kept hoping Haywood would dial up a blitz on the longer yardage plays but he choose to play zone and tackle. Gave up a bunch of yardage but kept everything in front and won, so who am I to complain.
PaytoPlay Wrote:CAK is very well coached.

Props to Reed Williamson #12, Sr. Reserve safety who stepped up and did his job in the defensive backfield. Tough situation to make your first start. I'm sure the young man had a lot of fun.

I kept hoping Haywood would dial up a blitz on the longer yardage plays but he choose to play zone and tackle. Gave up a bunch of yardage but kept everything in front and won, so who am I to complain.

When I saw the stats it actually surprised me a bit. I knew Belfry was churning pretty good offensively but didn't expect just shy of 400 yards.. especially with three turnovers and none of them being deep in CAK territory.

It also felt like the CAK QB was hardly ever missing and was throwing every down. His numbers were actually fairly pedestrian as I am sure Belfry will gladly allow less than 200 yards passing to a team who passes the ball 90% of the time. Belfry gave up nothing deep and gave up very little short (and CAK threw short often). Almost all of CAK's yards exclusively came on the intermediate routes which is what Belfry was giving them. Nice gameplan by Belfry to mask all they were missing when 3 of your best pass rushers aren't out there and your secondary is depleted. Simply force CAK to put together 12 play drives and convert on 3rd and 4th Down to beat you.

The penalties on offense have to get cleaned up and pass blocking is still ugly at best. Belfry had around 8 false starts and every single one of them was legit (no one is complaining about the TN officials..I thought they called a good game).

And yes Granny Bear my pessimistic butt did not expect Belfry to pull this off with all they were up against.. I am pleasantly surprised.
There's one thing i've learned over the years, and that's not to pick against Belfry. Even with starters being out, belfry took care of business, that team is deep, and there is not enough words to describe the coaching staff on pond creek...Good job representing the mountains, and the state Belfry...
Glad to hear reed got the start and did well, ive always felt he could be more than special teams player, he hasworked hard for four years, looks like he was carved out of rock, quick will hit and probably the best hands on the team
cuppett777 Wrote:congrats Belfry,i did pick you guys to lose this one,way to show me wrong...

Yes, my first crow eater!!

EKUAlum05 Wrote:When I saw the stats it actually surprised me a bit. I knew Belfry was churning pretty good offensively but didn't expect just shy of 400 yards.. especially with three turnovers and none of them being deep in CAK territory.

It also felt like the CAK QB was hardly ever missing and was throwing every down. His numbers were actually fairly pedestrian as I am sure Belfry will gladly allow less than 200 yards passing to a team who passes the ball 90% of the time. Belfry gave up nothing deep and gave up very little short (and CAK threw short often). Almost all of CAK's yards exclusively came on the intermediate routes which is what Belfry was giving them. Nice gameplan by Belfry to mask all they were missing when 3 of your best pass rushers aren't out there and your secondary is depleted. Simply force CAK to put together 12 play drives and convert on 3rd and 4th Down to beat you.

The penalties on offense have to get cleaned up and pass blocking is still ugly at best. Belfry had around 8 false starts and every single one of them was legit (no one is complaining about the TN officials..I thought they called a good game).

And yes Granny Bear my pessimistic butt did not expect Belfry to pull this off with all they were up against.. I am pleasantly surprised

My second, and largest, crow eater!!!

One more crow eater to go!!!

Wink
:Clap::Clap:
bucslover68.........

I'm waiting!!
Granny Bear Wrote:bucslover68.........

I'm waiting!!

hes probally still asleep,lol,i am like him and EKU, i dont hardly ever pick against them...
I know!! That's what makes this crow so sweet to me!!!

I NEVER thought they'd lose!!!

Oh, and a special S/O to Pirate1991#8 for giving me texted updates. I was following 4 games while trying to watch my Black Bears!! LOL Difficult to do for someone so old. The entire crowd around me was waiting for updates for these 4 games; it was so much fun!!
Hey Granny, I plead the "didn't have all the information" excuse lol...If I would have know that CAK was starting a freshman QB for the first time, I would have felt more confident...Actually I was thinking 28-27 Belfry... Belfry would have been a solid favorite, something like 35-14 if healthy.
Hmmmm....not sure if that post would mean "eating crow" or not, but I'll take it!!!

I had a most wonderful time last night following these games, and cheering for the mountain teams!! This is such an exciting time in HS football!
I felt bad for Dakota Stanley. They had him bluffing blitz so much I thought he was going to sprain an ankle.
The officials weren't bad, but they called EVERYTHING either way if there was a chance someone committed a penalty.
Great win guys..like I said earlier...a backup watching six games waiting his turn is dangerous...and reed williamson and davante dari proved that...guys we had a third string running back gain 120 yards....We are coming together and when are at full strength we are a top five team in the state...yes wide right that was directed towards you...We are better than Highlands this year, why because we have better players and the Best Coach in the state...
tazcat Wrote:I live down here in Tennessee and really there is only a handfull of Ky teams in any class that could compete with the best from Knoxville alone. Maryville is way down this year and would beat Belfry 2 to 3 tds easy. Ky football overall really is not all that good and alot of people find that out when they leave the state and play teams out of Knoxville and areas like that. Alcoa Tn which was at the time 2A beat the living daylights out of a very good Bell County team a few years back. I have never seen a Bell County team (that was really good) get dominated like that ever. Tennessee overall has way way way better football than Kentucky does.

Congrats to Belfry though for representing Ky glad they got the win, but living here and knowing CAK they are wayyyyyyyyyy down this year.

Well ok 1A Williamsburg beat the crap out of 5A Knoxville halls.I guess we pick and choose who we want to beat.and Belfry beat the crap out of CAK how many other schools now is in Knoxville.Go TongueirateSho
Tried to watch the game again today but says not available on demand. Shucks.

Minus Willis (ACL) and C. Johnson, will everyone be back for Lawrence Co.?