Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 27 Christian Acad. of Knoxville (TN) 21
Big road win and valiant effort from the severely depleted Pirates beating the 2-time defending 3A State Champs form TN
Final

Belfry moves to 7-0

GREAT WIN on the road!!! Never underestimate the Pirates!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nice W for the Pirates! TongueirateSho
Don't forget to mention that this CAK team now has a 2-5 record this year including a 49-7 loss to Knoxville Webb. Don't want to take anything away from Belfry because this CAK team does play a serious brand of football, but just not quite what they have been the past 2 years. Still a solid win for Belfry, I watched the second half and it took everything Belfry had to get the win, scoring the game winning TD with 8 seconds left in the game......
Belfry entered missing critical pieces on both sides of the ball and get the big time win. With the game tied 21-21 Belfry takes the ball over with over 5:30 left and did not relinquish it until they had the lead with :08 left.

Huge game by Devontae Dari filling in for the injured Justin Johnson with 3 TD's. The Freshman Fletcher did a good job in place of Hatfield and Belfry gets just enough stops despite constantly stepping on their own toes with penalties.

Great football game and a very good experience

BELFRY
Dari 9 carries, 121 yards, 3 TD
Warren 5/9 59 yards, 2 INT 7 carries, 21 yards, TD (game winning)
Fletcher 16 carries, 90 yards
Carr 16 carries, 72 yards
Belfry 333 rush yards, 382 total yards

CAK
Smith 22/34 181 yards, 3 TD 7 carries, 12 yards
Nichols 7 rec, 70 yards, 3 TD
Congratulations Pirates and Coach Haywood!
Great job boys on a long road trip win & against a very good knox team now lets move on to next week and take care of businessConfusedinglepar

Go Big Red:devilflam
Watched some of this one and seemed like there was a penalty every play on Belfry, but I'm glad they overcome the penalties and picked up a very nice win over a good team from down south.

Congrats Pirates!
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Don't forget to mention that this CAK team now has a 2-5 record this year including a 49-7 loss to Knoxville Webb. Don't want to take anything away from Belfry because this CAK team does play a serious brand of football, but just not quite what they have been the past 2 years. Still a solid win for Belfry, I watched the second half and it took everything Belfry had to get the win, scoring the game winning TD with 8 seconds left in the game......

CAK also has lost three of the games in the Final Minute Wink
This team overcame penalties, turnovers and a couple questionable calls on the road 5 hours away from home. All while missing several key players and starters. That just shows you how good this team is...very deep and coached VERY WELL! Impressed with a solid win on the road. To have all of this adversity and get a "W" will pay off big!

Go Pirates!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Don't forget to mention that this CAK team now has a 2-5 record this year including a 49-7 loss to Knoxville Webb. Don't want to take anything away from Belfry because this CAK team does play a serious brand of football, but just not quite what they have been the past 2 years. Still a solid win for Belfry, I watched the second half and it took everything Belfry had to get the win, scoring the game winning TD with 8 seconds left in the game......

Haters gonna hate...:flame:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BelfryPride Wrote:This team overcame penalties, turnovers and a couple questionable calls on the road 5 hours away from home. All while missing several key players and starters. That just shows you how good this team is...very deep and coached VERY WELL! Impressed with a solid win on the road. To have all of this adversity and get a "W" will pay off big!

Go Pirates!!!

This game will also pay huge dividends if Belfry sees Wayne County down the road.

The Cardinals are the only quality team in 3A that will run a passing game similar to this predicated on the intermediate routes.

I live down here in Tennessee and really there is only a handfull of Ky teams in any class that could compete with the best from Knoxville alone. Maryville is way down this year and would beat Belfry 2 to 3 tds easy. Ky football overall really is not all that good and alot of people find that out when they leave the state and play teams out of Knoxville and areas like that. Alcoa Tn which was at the time 2A beat the living daylights out of a very good Bell County team a few years back. I have never seen a Bell County team (that was really good) get dominated like that ever. Tennessee overall has way way way better football than Kentucky does.

Congrats to Belfry though for representing Ky glad they got the win, but living here and knowing CAK they are wayyyyyyyyyy down this year.
Very pleased. Belfry was without both safeties, X Willis, Austin Hatfield, Jacob Fransisco, and Rayquan Horton. Mash unit got it done despite an even more vanilla defense than what is standard.

Good win n the road under the circumstances IMO.
Even though they're down this year, that is an impressive win in my book over a typical Knoxville powerhouse in CAK! Congrats Pirates!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
tazcat Wrote:I live down here in Tennessee and really there is only a handfull of Ky teams in any class that could compete with the best from Knoxville alone. Maryville is way down this year and would beat Belfry 2 to 3 tds easy. Ky football overall really is not all that good and alot of people find that out when they leave the state and play teams out of Knoxville and areas like that. Alcoa Tn which was at the time 2A beat the living daylights out of a very good Bell County team a few years back. I have never seen a Bell County team (that was really good) get dominated like that ever. Tennessee overall has way way way better football than Kentucky does.

Congrats to Belfry though for representing Ky glad they got the win, but living here and knowing CAK they are wayyyyyyyyyy down this year.

But Belfry had injuries and had a 4 hour bus ride... that's good for 30 points according to Mboro fans isn't it? Big Grin
EKUAlum05 Wrote:CAK also has lost three of the games in the Final Minute Wink
I'll give it to ya EKU, this CAK team
Might be the best 2-5 team in 3 states! CAK impressed me with their physicality, they hit hard and swarmed the football defensively. This is a good win IMO, not A great win, I am just glad our Ky boys won the game, would have been a little embarrassing for our #1 team in 3A to lose to a 2-4 Tennessee team....
EKUAlum05 Wrote:But Belfry had injuries and had a 4 hour bus ride... that's good for 30 points according to Mboro fans isn't it? Big Grin

:thatsfunn And the turnovers are a wash..Confusednicker:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:But Belfry had injuries and had a 4 hour bus ride... that's good for 30 points according to Mboro fans isn't it? Big Grin

I bet those city boys still don't know what to think. They were expecting to beat up on some country boys not a full strength with jet lag and they got just the opposite! TongueirateSho
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Congrats to Belfry.
From what I have heard CAK put on a show for hospitality. Said the atmosphere was phenomenal and that the Warriors may have been the most hospitable hosts Belfry has ever travelled to.
tazcat Wrote:I live down here in Tennessee and really there is only a handfull of Ky teams in any class that could compete with the best from Knoxville alone. Maryville is way down this year and would beat Belfry 2 to 3 tds easy. Ky football overall really is not all that good and alot of people find that out when they leave the state and play teams out of Knoxville and areas like that. Alcoa Tn which was at the time 2A beat the living daylights out of a very good Bell County team a few years back. I have never seen a Bell County team (that was really good) get dominated like that ever. Tennessee overall has way way way better football than Kentucky does.

We all understand that Knoxville area football is very strong, but even though CAK is considerably down this year they are still a solid football team that you have to buckle up your chin strap tight and play or they will beat you. So even though I pointed out that they have a 2-5 record now and didnt want Belfry folks to act like they had gotten a GREAT win I still believe it was a solid win for them
CAK may have been wayyyyy down, but Belfry was without 5 of its' starters. Add the bus ride if you want; it don't matter. To me Belfry took care of business tonight!! No excuses!!!! No whats, ifs, ands or buts....JUST DO IT!

So congratulatoins Pirates!!! What a game!!

Lastly, there are a couple Pirate fans that I want to see eat crow. You guys were giving excuses as to why Belfry would lose!! Ohhhh, you know who you are!! Wink

Great job Belfry! Safe travels home on a late late night for you guys.
No offense to anyone, but Tennessee football may be good and better than Ky football, but you can't compare big time metro schools to regular county school football. I don't believe Knoxville football is any tougher than Louisville an
Lexington city school football. IMO, In terms of overall.. Ohio football is superior to Tennessee football, so it's not like it's something Belfry hasn't seem before.
Congrats Beflry, way to take care of business out of state...
Made the trip up from Atl to see this one and was glad I did. Fun game to watch. At halftime I got to hear the CAK PA discuss the team. Said Belfry was the first team they had seen all year who had a QB line up under center, had no idea how to handle the run game. Said he was having trouble calling the handoffs because he was getting fooled so much. Beat up or not the Pirates impressed a team and fan base who are used to seeing good football.

The fans were exceptionally welcoming from everything I saw
Great win for Belfry!
Big win for Belfry, it don't seem to matter if its a 4 hour road trip or a home game this team seems to get it done.

Belfry played a quality team and program and was able to bring home a victory. They seem to overcome adversity which shows a lot of character in this team. This team has so much depth between there freshman and senior class its scary.

Future is bright on pond creek, and from what hear, only getting brighter.
Good win pirates!
Big win for belfry!! Not have some key people in this game. Way to go down to Tennessee and kick some butt.