Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AA Championship
my vote is either on sheldon clark.... clay county....belfry....or knott county.... even though knott hasnt done anything in the years before this... they have improved a drastic amount and i look for them to make some noise in the playoffs
BelfryPride Wrote:Not degrading anyone. It just seems that with 2 wins some Card fans seem to think they have their ticket to Louisville punched already. I am happy for Shawn that he has been able to build the program back up because he is a personal friend of mine.

I am not scared of anything really except death and being broke, other than that no worries. We all know we play at SC on Oct.13th...no suprise. Yeah we're a little green right now, but the game of the year is a month and a half away, so I am sure we'll be just fine by then and ready for the battle. We know what to expect, been there..done that.

I agree with this.. as much as I hate to. It's to early to say SC will be in a state championship. Think of the road they will have to go down, the teams they have to beat. It's Belfrys or Russels until someone takes it.
Gorn Wrote:I agree with this.. as much as I hate to. It's to early to say SC will be in a state championship. Think of the road they will have to go down, the teams they have to beat. It's Belfrys or Russels until someone takes it.

Yeah, good post.....It's even to early to say Belfry will be there. Belfry has to take care of the fumbles and I think they'll be ok. With our type of offense, fumbles are a big risk, but they just have to learn to take care of the ball.

Like I said before, I do not disrespect anyone or any team. I am all for any Pike County or East Ky. team when they go to Louisville, but when your on the field with my Pirates, it's all buisness.

Heck, even when P'Burg played Bardstown a few years ago in Louisville I was all for them, heck I was even there at the game and I was even wearing red and black...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alltimeplayer5 Wrote:my vote is either on sheldon clark.... clay county....belfry....or knott county.... even though knott hasnt done anything in the years before this... they have improved a drastic amount and i look for them to make some noise in the playoffs

knott county will not be goin lousiville for a couple of years
big_cards_fan Wrote:knott county will not be goin lousiville for a couple of years
Have you seen their district next year? I do not think they make it out of the district portion of the playoffs in my lifetime!
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Knott has 23 Fr. that think differently. 14 of these fr. were on the Knott middle school team that wen't 11 and 3
Benchwarmer [QUOTE]Knott has 23 Fr. that think differently. 14 of these fr. were on the Knott middle school team that wen't 11 and 3"

I was the running back last year for the knott county middle school team.... alot of these guys have alot of potential to become great football players...
Corbin looked very good at the Pigskin in the first half but it slipped away in the 2nd half against Oldham Co.

i think corbin may have a chance. but belfry will more than likely make it to the ship with their great program. and mercer co. also has my vote IMO
kcc 4 I saw you guys play a couple of times last year and yea you do have the potential to be a great football team in the future. Now if you can add about 20 more fr. next year that will be great. Stick together and everything will be fine for you and your team mates this year and next.
Mercer beats Russell at state by 6. Mercer better be there with all that talent they have and yes I predict them to win it. IF they get knocked out before we get there, Russell will win. Russell has to be the favorite other than Mercer.
i really dont think russell will make it to state this year
I think Russell or Belfry will go to state but I don't think they will win. But it could be Sheldon Clark's year also. But I believe it will be a team from the west that takes it this year.
i dont think kcc does have the depth to go all teh way to state... i dont think they will have the mentality to go to state.... but i do no that they do have the talent....
big_cards_fan Wrote:i really dont think russell will make it to state this year
28 seniors on the team and 17 kids who played in the Championship game last year???? And you dont think so...... WHAT and because Ashland beat us in 3rd OT we should lay down, Tell that to BELFRY too. I bet they disagree. Russell had 2 bad calls that cost them, TD called back for stupid collision 40 yards away from the play. Our end jumps offsides on the 2 yard line. We fumble a snap onthe field goal to win. Silly stuff that costs ya a game. ONE offensive play in the first quarter and it was fumble from a hard hit........ We still lead 7-0.
Thank you for your prediction and I am glad that we can talk freely on here.
Great site I might add !!!!!!!!
im not saying there not a great football team..but there not goin to the state championship
big_cards_fan Wrote:im not saying there not a great football team..but there not goin to the state championship

That may be true. If they don't get their heads together. If they come together as a team with all the talent they have look out. They should go far into the playoffs.
yea they should but right now its not looking good for them
Lou Western defeats Sheldon Clark 35-22
Rocky Wrote:Belfry!!! We know this!!!
have too get past RUSSELL, what a great game last year. winner of this will be state champs:devilflam :Clap:
Belfry and Russell will both be fine. Neither team has traditionally been as strong at the begining of the season as they are at the end. The state title goes to one of these two teams.
Devilologist Wrote:28 seniors on the team and 17 kids who played in the Championship game last year???? And you dont think so...... WHAT and because Ashland beat us in 3rd OT we should lay down, Tell that to BELFRY too. I bet they disagree. Russell had 2 bad calls that cost them, TD called back for stupid collision 40 yards away from the play. Our end jumps offsides on the 2 yard line. We fumble a snap onthe field goal to win. Silly stuff that costs ya a game. ONE offensive play in the first quarter and it was fumble from a hard hit........ We still lead 7-0.
Thank you for your prediction and I am glad that we can talk freely on here.
Great site I might add !!!!!!!!
WELL SAID,dont need to add anything to that.:Thumbs: but maybe back to back champions that would be great for COACH:letsparty
Took you too long to get your 2nd one. No way Russell makes it back ,No way.
I predict it right now, Russell won't be back in Louisville.
Mercer or Western are way too atheletic for Russell.
Not seen Western or Mercer but Mercer is the odds on favorite, I agree about that. Russell has to improve to be there, but I am willing to say that after the season they will be as strong as ever. Belfry is the same. If you play them early you have a chance to beet them, wait until the end of the year and depends on where you play, I have learned that, past 2 years experience. I would like to hear more on Westerns team. any place to get stats.....?????
MR.FOOTBALL Wrote:Mercer or Western are way too atheletic for Russell.

And last year everyone said Ft Campbell was the team to beat with all their d-1 prospects. That's why the boys play on Friday night. Every team has a shot to win every night.
A lot of things can happen on the trip through the season and during the playoffs.

I wouldn't count out any of the teams mentioned, nor Middlesboro, Trigg or O'Cath either.

Its a long way to December.