• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AA Championship
who does everyone think will be in AA state championship
Mercer County over Louisville Western
PHSFAN Wrote:Mercer County over Louisville Western

Ditto!!!!
i think some one in the mountians and louisville western
CANT HAPPEN!
New play-off system, Mercer and Western will have to play in regionals.
Can't happen that way.
Mercer co. vs. ( eastern ky. school) Let you know later on.
i think it will be sheldon clark middlesboro or belfry my self
Belfry!!! We know this!!!
MR.FOOTBALL Wrote:CANT HAPPEN!
Can't happen that way.

Mercer is in the East right? I thought Western was in the west but they are in the East also?

If Mercer is in the East I will say Mercer over Owensboro Catholic(if Western is in the East also) O'boro Catholic is starting out slow but the West is not as strong as usual as the East in AA. Corbin, Fort Campbell, and Trigg County are also 3 teams from the West that could make a run deep in the playoffs.

If Mercer is in the West(which I'm pretty sure they are not)then I will take Mercer County over Russell. Belfry is right there also and it would not surprise me at all to see Belfry back in Louisville this year. Middlesboro and Sheldon Clark are 2 teams that could make a deep run in the playoffs.

As of right now I think Mercer County is the clearly the best team in AA in the state of Kentucky right now, with Western, Russell, and Belfry right behind them in that order. I am not one for comparing scores to get a real guage on a certain team but Mercer County beat South Laurel 53-6 last week then South Laurel beats Corbin 21-20 tonight...that says Mercer County is for real.
if belfry dont go it will be sheldon clark or middlesboro in the state tourny...but no belfy dont look as good as they did in the past three years...i belive its someone elses time to have some people looking at them besides belfrey
MR.FOOTBALL Wrote:CANT HAPPEN!
Can't happen that way.

The new playoff system didn't change the alignment to the best of my knowledge. Western is still listed as a AA Region 2 District 3 team while Mercer is listed as a AA Region 3 District 5 team.

Under that, the only place these two teams would meet in the playoffs would be in the state championship.
Lou. West. vs Belfry
Right now the favorite out of the east is definately Russell. That might change come playoff time but Russell has too much returning from a state championship team to not be considered the favorite in the east or for that matter the state.
big_cards_fan Wrote:if belfry dont go it will be sheldon clark or middlesboro in the state tourny...but no belfy dont look as good as they did in the past three years...i belive its someone elses time to have some people looking at them besides belfrey

I am glad SC is having a great year so far, but a couple of wins over bottom dwellers don't put you in the State Championship game....that's just the way it is.

And yeah, we did lose some good players due to graduation, but think of this....we have 78 players on the roster, 64 of those return next year.....

As for now, Belfry and Russell are the two teams in the mountain Class AA that are the favorites.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mr. Football is right, Western can't face Mercer Co. in the State Finals. The playoffs were changed up and a blind draw was done pitting Mercer Co.'s district facing a Region I or II team in the Regional Finals.

It's really weird, but I'll find the match-ups and post them soon.
Sheldon Clark is my pick. (Bottom dwellers). Belfry pride? what kind of a response is that. I dont blame you for being scared. But you should not degrade other teams. Where is your class.
belfry pride i wouldnt call boyd and lawerance co bottom dwellers there pretty good teams and we just did not beat them we killed them...but i really dont think belfry should be a 2a team...sheldon clark has 500 or 600 people in there school..belfry probley has 900 to 1000 in theres
Sheldon Clark!!!!!they are looking good and they are going to improve
You just want Belfry out because you don't want to have to face them. I wouldn't want too either, they did loose some great talent. But come playoff time none of that is going to matter.It's just Belfry tradition!!! As far as Lawrence ,Belfry killed them too and played a lot of their young players. Congrats to Andrew Elkins (sophmore) you did a wonderful job.
to tell u the truth i think sc will beat belfry in the distric finals and middlesboro will put them out in the second round of the regions
dont get me wrong yea belfry is a great team and has a great coach...but i just really think that its someone else turn in the mouintians to go to state
Everyone has been saying it's someone elses turn for quite sometime now. I just don't think Belfry is going to let it happen that easy. They have too much talent this year, but I'll be rooting for whatever team that does go from the mountains. But hopefully its the traditional pirates going!!!
well yea sc always roots for the pirates they have for the past 3 years..but i just really think it is someone else year this year..im not saying it will be sheldon clark because they have to beat middlesboro with is looking great to
Haywood is in this thing for one more and I'm pretty sure he'll be having his pirates prepared. They know what to expect and from the lost last week against Ashland. I heard the practices picked up and are very intense and emotional now.
ahh i still think it will be one of the teams in the mountians and lou western or mercer
To be the best you have to beat the best,Belfry has been the team to
beat in this area for years. Till SC or any one else beats Belfry when it
counts in the playoffs,Belfry will be the team to beat. By the way Belfry
has around 750 students. I agree Belfry will have a harder road to state
this year . They will have to go through Russell , there is one plus to
that it will be at the cam this time around.
i believe some of you all have forgotten but belfry has not always beat sc, i'm sure most of you remember the regionals in 98 when sc won( i know its a few years back, but still)well i see sc bringing home the win this year aswell but ya know we are just on-lookers of the game...we are not out there playing so its up to the boys that want it the most to win and the sc boys want it more than ever!!!!:redboxer:
big_cards_fan Wrote:belfry pride i wouldnt call boyd and lawerance co bottom dwellers there pretty good teams and we just did not beat them we killed them...but i really dont think belfry should be a 2a team...sheldon clark has 500 or 600 people in there school..belfry probley has 900 to 1000 in theres

Actually, Belfry's enrollment is around 620
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mercer over Middlesboro !
hotrod Wrote:Sheldon Clark is my pick. (Bottom dwellers). Belfry pride? what kind of a response is that. I dont blame you for being scared. But you should not degrade other teams. Where is your class.

Not degrading anyone. It just seems that with 2 wins some Card fans seem to think they have their ticket to Louisville punched already. I am happy for Shawn that he has been able to build the program back up because he is a personal friend of mine.

I am not scared of anything really except death and being broke, other than that no worries. We all know we play at SC on Oct.13th...no suprise. Yeah we're a little green right now, but the game of the year is a month and a half away, so I am sure we'll be just fine by then and ready for the battle. We know what to expect, been there..done that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]