Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin @ Wayne County 10/4/13
E's Army Wrote:Wayne's superior speed will be the difference. Wayne also has better balance on offense. Wayne by 10.

I didn't see this.
Superior speed that is.
I am really looking forward to this game...after watching them against Bell I know just how good this Wayne Co team is, they are a State Championship quality team. I put them in the same class as Central this year (tall order I know but they are good from top to bottom). I don't expect Corbin to play close Wayne by 27 or more. With that said I hope Corbin plays closer. This isn't saying Corbin is a bad team I'm just saying Wayne Co has a special team this year 20 Senior only 5 kids play both ways
Corbin and Southwestern are very similar. Watching them play each other the first game of the year was like watching paint dry. No speed on either team, so I say Wayne will take this one by 20. Watched Wayne play nothing special but will handle Corbin.
Wayne must have the easiest schedule of any team in high school football. Southwestern is the best team they have played so far and they don't have a win.
Wayne @ home 28-21
Technically not easier than Corbin's. Strike common oppenents Southwestern and South Laurel: Wayne's opponents are 13-8 Corbin's opponents are 5-11

Schedule means nothing. It's what you bring on game night
Aug 23, 13 Monroe County home
Sep 2, 13 South Laurel away
Sep 6, 13 Garrard County away
Sep 13, 13 Williamsburg away
Sep 20, 13 Southwestern away
Sep 27, 13 Bell County home
Oct 4, 13 Corbin home
Oct 11, 13 Casey County away
Oct 18, 13 McCreary Central away
Nov 1, 13 Rockcastle County home

This kind of schedule does nothing to make your team better. Look at the last three games. McCreary can't spell TD. Wayne out early in playoffs
True story here .... Our local 8th grade traveled to Corbin earlier this year, there were 3 kids who I saw my self get out of the driver side door of their vehicles with their game pants on.

Just some food for thought.

I don't care if the average age on the Corbin football team is 20, they won't win this one. Wayne 28 - Corbin 14
McCreary is a district game played when KHSAA slotted district games.
kyfun Wrote:Wayne must have the easiest schedule of any team in high school football. Southwestern is the best team they have played so far and they don't have a win.

:dudecomeon: have you seen Corbin schedule.I really would love to see Corbin beat Wayne county but it want happen 64SUR I allway cheer for local teams
kyfun Wrote:Wayne must have the easiest schedule of any team in high school football. Southwestern is the best team they have played so far and they don't have a win.

You obviously haven't looked at the Russell County schedule.
Can't wait to see how this game plays out!
I'm gonna go with Wayne at home. 21-14
wayne by 3 td's Wayne has a balanced offense and can run or pass effectively, they have size, speed and beef up front. The problem for Corbin if they can't move it on the ground and are forced to pass the game will be over quickly:dogbowl: you will see a lot of this on the visitors sidelines Friday nightConfusedmoke::brunettec
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:True story here .... Our local 8th grade traveled to Corbin earlier this year, there were 3 kids who I saw my self get out of the driver side door of their vehicles with their game pants on.

Just some food for thought.

I don't care if the average age on the Corbin football team is 20, they won't win this one. Wayne 28 - Corbin 14

False
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:True story here .... Our local 8th grade traveled to Corbin earlier this year, there were 3 kids who I saw my self get out of the driver side door of their vehicles with their game pants on.
I guess they were also finishing up there last drink of the six pack that they just bought down at the local establishment. :thatsfunn I think that Wayne will win this one by 3 td's and will keep on rolling.
I told them boys not to drive to 8th grade games and to finish their six pack at home.
Wayne co state champions already, guess I should just save my gas money Friday night. I have heard hype for a year now so what if Corbin goes to Wayne and hits them right square in the mouth? Destroys their homecoming night and all their dreams? If you think they are gonna beat Corbin by 21+ your crazy that's about the ceiling on the amount of points Wayne could score. This Corbin defense IMO is the real deal!! I might have to get on here and say I was wrong Saturday morning but I'm man enough to do that. Let's see how many people get on here and say damn these Corbin boys have a shot of playing on the carpet. IMO we have the toughest district in 3a but Belfry and Central may be still be a notch ahead of us. Central has been getting beat but they are not playing the south laurel cardinals of the football world.

This game is for the district title the game that counts is when they meet in the quarter or semi finals!!

Go Big Red!
Williamsburg played Wayne a really nose to nose football game the final score in no way revealed the game, I don't think they can move the ball on Corbin, Corbin 14 Wayne 7 go hounds,
This is my whole reasoning for saying teams like Bell, Whitley, and Knox are REALLY down.
Teams like Wayne putting up a running clock on Bell is ridicolous. Wayne is good, and will maybe even challenge Central in the playoffs this year, but lets be honest, there not exactly the Ravens. There good, but the watered down 6 class sytem is giving them an easy shot, and while Im happy that Wayne is finally seeing good success, in the old 4 class system, I would expect them to just be an average team.
Football is down, especially in the eastern part of the state.
RIUTG yOU JUST CAN'T ACCEPT THAT Williamsburg has a quality football team. Williamsburg didn't play Wane county a good game because Wayne was weak. Williamsburg has lost two 2 games both games they played well and both teams are now in mid season undefeated. I think you are dead wrong about MT football I think it is the best ever and is improving ever year. Corbin, Williamsburg, North Laurel, Pikeville, Hazard, JC, Belfry, Pulask Co just to mention a few. Am I that wrong? I don't think so.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:This is my whole reasoning for saying teams like Bell, Whitley, and Knox are REALLY down.
Teams like Wayne putting up a running clock on Bell is ridicolous. Wayne is good, and will maybe even challenge Central in the playoffs this year, but lets be honest, there not exactly the Ravens. There good, but the watered down 6 class sytem is giving them an easy shot, and while Im happy that Wayne is finally seeing good success, in the old 4 class system, I would expect them to just be an average team.

You do know that Wayne was very close to beating Central last year dont you. They are the only team that played Central at full strength. While the traditional powers of Bell, Whitley and Knox are down from where they have been why is that an inditement of Eastern Kentucky football as a whole? I guess if Corbin beats Wayne Friday night then all will be right with the world. I guess football is only good if the blue blood programs are winning.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:This is my whole reasoning for saying teams like Bell, Whitley, and Knox are REALLY down.

RunITUpThegutter if whitley co was 6-0 instead of 0-6 you would be saying football was up in eastern kentucky.:Sad04:
64SUR Wrote:RunITUpThegutter if whitley co was 6-0 instead of 0-6 you would be saying football was up in eastern kentucky.:Sad04:

No he would not!!!!

Also Wayne, Corbin, Central, Belfry and maybe Bell (Bell was a 3A team in the 4 class system) would be in 2A in the old four class system. How is the 6 class system giving them an easy shot? Who would come into 2A that would make it any different? Highlands-nope 3A, Boyle-nope 3A? 3A is one of the most competive classes this year. Whoever makes it out the the west in 3A will be battle tested. You have Corbin, Wayne, Central, PT, South Warren, Fort Campbell all in the top 8 of 3A.
topnotch Wrote:RIUTG yOU JUST CAN'T ACCEPT THAT Williamsburg has a quality football team. Williamsburg didn't play Wane county a good game because Wayne was weak. Williamsburg has lost two 2 games both games they played well and both teams are now in mid season undefeated. I think you are dead wrong about MT football I think it is the best ever and is improving ever year. Corbin, Williamsburg, North Laurel, Pikeville, Hazard, JC, Belfry, Pulask Co just to mention a few. Am I that wrong? I don't think so.

I could accept it if it were true. Lets be realistic, I dont care much for 1A football or Williamsburg. Never have and never will.
I like you enthusiasm though.
johnnyd Wrote:You do know that Wayne was very close to beating Central last year dont you. They are the only team that played Central at full strength. While the traditional powers of Bell, Whitley and Knox are down from where they have been why is that an inditement of Eastern Kentucky football as a whole? I guess if Corbin beats Wayne Friday night then all will be right with the world. I guess football is only good if the blue blood programs are winning.

Your not looking at the big picture.
In the Eastern part of that state, there are only 3 or 4 teams with a legitimate shot at getting to Bowling Green.
Hazard/Wburg (The opposing region is weak this year) in 1A. Somerset in 2A (Weakest class in football). Belfry in 3A (Cakewalk to state). Johnson Central in 4A (has to beat Highlands though to get there). Pulaski/Harlan County in 5A.

Thats it! And mot likely the majority of those will not make it.
If Corbin beats Wayne Friday it wont prove anything.
As stated above, both teams have played bad schedules thus far. I believe Corbin will play with them. Im not sure who will win, but ill guarantee you that both are a lot better than Bell.
64SUR Wrote:RunITUpThegutter if whitley co was 6-0 instead of 0-6 you would be saying football was up in eastern kentucky.:Sad04:

:biglmao:

If Whitley was 6-0 with the team they have, then Id think this is the most down year for football on record EVER.
Wayne by 10 in this one.Corbin is capable of winning but not at this point in the season.It will be a good one though.
Cellking Wrote:No he would not!!!!

See, this guy knows me :Clap: