Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 38 Raceland 35
Orange Blaze Wrote:First off congrats Lawernce County you have a good tough team. The final score does not reflect the true nature of this game, Lawerence Co dominated all night and Raceland was never in the game from the start with th exception of the big TD pass at the beginning. The officiating was terrible tonight. I am a Ram fan but now way is that pass interference inthe endzone when Raceland scored their last TD. Right now Raceland is 4-0 against bad cupcake teams and 0-2 against good quality teams and I don't see that trend changing. If Raceland shows up against Fairview and plays like they did tonight then Fairview will beat them by 30 points or more.
Im glad some raceland fans seen what we did, and Im not downing the kids at all, Raceland played a clean and tough game. But I would like to know the name of the line judge on LC side.
Slic Ric Wrote:Since it would take me forever to comment on some of the more ridiculous statements made by some people on this thread (mostly fair weather Ram fans) I'll just say this...this game would have had a different outcome had Beach played, and most intelligent football fans wouldn't dispute that. Having said that, The Dawgs have a nice team, and I think they will be second only to Belfry in their district / region.
No offense meant here, But you didnt need Beach, the line judge give racelaned more yardage than Beach would have.
Slic Ric Wrote:Since it would take me forever to comment on some of the more ridiculous statements made by some people on this thread (mostly fair weather Ram fans) I'll just say this...this game would have had a different outcome had Beach played, and most intelligent football fans wouldn't dispute that. Having said that, The Dawgs have a nice team, and I think they will be second only to Belfry in their district / region.
"Really" well I hope this Beach kid is some super star deffensive line player or something because the Lawrence offensive line had there way with your dline all night. Beach would need to play every position on the field at once to make the difference in this one because the score didn,t show how the game really went. Just be a man and admit that on this night you got beat by a better team. Lawrence payed there dues and got beat by the better team a lot the last few years but you didn't see me making excuses.
Congrats to the Bulldogs. I got this one wrong.
The pass interference was a bad call but that was really the only one. The late hits and offensive pass interference calls were legit. Quit whining.
Good game LC... The Dawgs are a real team this year and with so many injuries are doing a great job. Raceland has always been a good team ever since youth league. LC played a Raceland team of 14 and the refs definitely deserve credit for the last touchdown.
Some of you are delusional. With or without Beech Raceland should have won that game. Statistically they did in every catagory including two costly turnovers.

LC did exploit some big gaps in that Raceland interior defensive line. Special teams play as well.

Also I think Raceland had the ball on that first kneel down. LC was the beneficiary of a bad call on that one.
Ramcat77 Wrote:Sure, run the ball more, I think they have the backs to do it, but get up under center every now and again.

I would like to see them run some more power formations and control the time of possession. They are built to do that and that might get Messer and Vance some more one on one on the outside.

They rushed for over 300 yards but always seem to be in huiiy up mode. I think they could slow the tempo a bit more and eliminate some mistakes

That fumble and return was a game changer. Wasteland should have been up two TDs right there and never looked back.
Congrats to the bulldogs they stayed together and continued to play hard inthe face adversity ln the form of multiple ridiculous calls from the side judge. Lc was in complete control of the game the score does not even come close to reflect the dominant performance of lc offensive line the dogs run the ball at will. Messer is a stud without him the rams may not have crossed the 50 yardline. Without the refs. This is a 45 to 21 ballgame. The raceland fans were great and the rams played hard. The refs are assigned to these games by khsaa and do not imo reflect on raceland but there is no way that a ref that is this bias should ever be assigned a game that involves raceland I hope there is enough outrage that khsaa takes a look at the tape of this game. The coaching staff at lc needs to file a complant with khsaa.
Was you at the same game I was at dawg fan?Raceland scored first on a slant from 70 yards out.Second possession they drove the length of the field and scored but got called back for a block in the back and was in a fourth and forever,turned the ball over on downs,should have been14 to nothing.Next possession they fumbled on the five yard line and LC scoped and scored from 95 yards.Instead of 21 to 0 it's 7 to 8.Thats luck bad for Raceland good for LC.Iam not taking anything away from LC kids or coaches,both are very good and playd a good game,but to say a dominat preformance is a slap in the face of the Racelad kids face.By the way the stats rushing LC 285 Raceland 304,passing LC 41 Rams 135 that's a "dominat preformance"?
You sure your a ram fan Orange Blaze.. All I ever see is negativity coming from you. That's fine thought you are entitled to your own opinion but when the Rams and this coaching staff make it to the carpet in Bowling Green, I don't wanna hear you on the band wagon. There's a reason fans like us are in the stands and not on the sidelines. Said it once and I'll say it again, Raceland has one of the best coaching staffs in this area if not the best.

I fear the only carpet these rams will see is the carpet in Pikeville for their second round playoff lose.For the third year in a row.By the way we are not fair weather fans I have missed 5 games in 20 years.We are not afraid to call it like it is.Best coaching staff?numbers don't lie they played two teams with winning records and lost both.Games the should have won.The can not,have not,will not win a big game against a good team.
- See more at: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...nPWsx.dpuf
If anyone says Lawrence dominated then they are sadly mistaken. This was a huge game with a lot of people there watching. These two teams played their tails off, and the refs almost ruined it by calling stupid penalties all game long on both sides. Raceland has a very good football team, and I imagine when Beach is in there this team will make a run at state. For Lawrence County it shows that they can compete with anyone even on the road in a tough environment and win a close one. I for one am proud of both teams, and I feel like there was a mutual respect for both ball clubs. Raceland was a great host as always, you could not ask for better place to play. Thanks guys.
Lawrence County's fumble on the 5 after a long drive down the field on their 1st or 2nd possession when it looked like they would get a for sure score to tie was tough also. But the dropped pass by Messer on Racelands 2nd drive when he was wiiiidee open on the slant was just as tough also for the Raceland side. I noticed after his first couple of possessions, Lawrence had Cyrus back keeping an eye on Messer along with the corner also. This worked a lot better than early in the game. He has to be covered or he will eat you alive.

I was impressed how Lawrence lined their back right up on the qb's rear and didnt give Raceland defense time to react. The senior qb for Lawrence handled the decision making very well and that rb ran with power up the middle often dragging several bigger dlineman with him. He really played a solid game. Lawrence's offensive line blocked really well also. Two totally different styles of play from these teams and it was a great game to watch from a neutral fan prospective.
FBALL;1659371[B Wrote:]I would like to see them run some more power formations and control the time of possession. They are built to do that and that might get Messer and Vance some more one on one on the outside. [/B]

They rushed for over 300 yards but always seem to be in huiiy up mode. I think they could slow the tempo a bit more and eliminate some mistakes

That fumble and return was a game changer. Wasteland should have been up two TDs right there and never looked back.

I agree with this. They are built for that style this year and sometimes controlling the time of possession is good and opens other things up.
I am far from a band wagon or fair weather fan I just don't wear orange tinted homer glasses. I have been going to Raceland games even when they have had subpar teams and I have gone to games that they were projected to have a running clock against them because I thought they could somehow pull it off. The fact of the matter is this group of players doesn't have mental toughness and they don't have a killer instinct to win when they have to. Do I place blame on the coaches, yes because it is their job to instill that winning mentality. Last night Raceland should have won but they didn't and I don't care how many yards of offense a team has a loss is still a loss. Would they have won if Beach played? Maybe, no one can say for sure but he didn't and it is the job of the coaches to plan accordingly to losing a key player. Again congrats to Lawrence County you were the better team last night. Raceland had opportunities early on to run away with the game but they could not clamp down when they needed to. Good teams that win championships find a way to win against good teams and this group of players and coaches have consistently failed to do that for three years now.
I thought Lawrence played a good game. Congratulations to Coach Cecil and the Dawgs. Even with Beach I don't think the Rams could have overcome their mistakes (three bad snaps in a row), fumbles, penalties and interceptions. The smaller Lawrence County linemen simply dominated Raceland's big guys when it seemed to count the most.
There is no way you can blame the coaches, I am sure they do not coach players to fumble, and make other mistakes.
Hey; its high school football the greatest show on earth.
Good luck to both teams the rest of the season.
It was a post-corner combo route that Messer caught and scored on the first series, not a slant. Like I said, there's a reason your sitting in the stands Orange Blaze and RamDad.
Ramdad50 you need to read the post I said a dominant performance by lc offensive line not the whole team and that messer is a stud. take messer out and what would raceland be? messer may be the best player in eastern ky. I have not seen any better than him. And by the way the food is great down there.
NoPicks Wrote:It was a post-corner combo route that Messer caught and scored on the first series, not a slant. Like I said, there's a reason your sitting in the stands Orange Blaze and RamDad.

First I want to know at what point I said that the touchdown was a slant? The fact still remains that Raceland lost an they have yet to prove that they can win against good teams. The fact is Raceland has yet to beat a team with a winning record and so far all they have done is pad their stats an get fat off cupcakes. This team is far from being a championship caliber team and right now I would put Hazard, Pikeville, and Fairview ahead of them. Believe me when I say this but I am not the only person from Raceland who has been questioning the ability of this coaching staff this season and you are a coach then I hate to break it to you but a lot of fans I have talked to dont think your staff is very good. I would love nothing more to be proven wrong and served some crow but I just don't see it happening.
Kinda hate I missed this game..I always enjoy the atmosphere and people in Worthington. Was stuck at home watching the game on iHigh.com. Wish these two played every year.
Just watched the game in its entirity again. Here is what I have come away with.

Raceland Offense:
Beech is a catalyst and woukd have been the difference maker in this game. With Beech eligible, Raceland would have probably put up 2 more scores. The offensive line dis a solid Job providing Elkins with time. Minus the forced throw and another nealry pick six, Adam played well. He made good choices for the most part. Kane Snyder and Bailey Walker did a fine job filling in for Beech and Litteral, but they neither one Daylin. What The Rams lost with Daylin out was speed to get to the edge. His ability to stretch the defense out opens up the between the tackle run game that Litteral, Walker, and Snyder have a majority of their success with. I think with Daylin in the game, the fumble by Snyder Negates the Dalton recovery for a TD and Raceland goes up 14-0. Big difference. You can also almost gaurantee that 1 of the 2 possessions that ended wth a turnover on downs, wouldhae provided a score for Raceland. Thatd have it at 21-0 or 21-7.

Raceland Defense:
Has GOT to get better defending the run between the 20 yd lines. I think if Raceland would have started with and kept the 5 man front, the could habe stopped 2 of the LC scores. The LB tackling must get better. Lawrence is a good ball team. Cant give up 4 yds a carry and expect to beat a team that lives on 4 yds/carry to grind things out.

Over all review:
If Beech plays, Raceland would have won. BUT....but but but. He didnt. The players used to fill his 105 yds/2 tds a game, did what they needed to do. But their youth showed in fumbles and a few runs coming up short. Snyder, Walker, and Christian will be great backs for Raceland next year. Raceland played flat after going up 7-0. Then it got worse after the fumble return for a td. Truth be told, Raceland got countless oportunities with the officiating.

Defensively, they gotta shore up the Run defense. But thu were able to bend and not break for the most part.

If Raceland wants to do what they think, and tbh i think they really are capable of, they need a healthy/eligible Daylin Beech. Losing him was the difference in the Fairview game last year as well. This was good test for Raceland and after watching the game again, I dont feel as bad about the loss, especially with the rally at the end. That showed a little more fight.. Lawrence is for real, atleast in the area. They took advantage of every opportunity. Hats off to them for staying the course and ruining homecoming.
Scotty,
how were you able to watch the game again? Is it available online somewhere?
No picks out of all the things I said that's what you come back with?You are a homer.
Here's my take on the game. Had Raceland scored more points than LC.... I think they would have won lol. Woulda..coulda...shouldas never carry much weight. Both teams played good...dust the cleats off and look towards next week.
Stray...
Cant post a link from my phone. But google "Raceland Rams IHigh" all of their games this season are on there.
Raceland played a hard nosed game of football last night. Not making excuses for the mistakes, but the facts are we made some mistakes, we played without some key players and we played with A BUNCH of boys still recovering from last week's knock down drag out game. Still proud to say I'm a Ram fan! As a Ram fan I will never bash the boys who give up alot to go out there every Friday night and enertain those of us too old to get out there and do it! Go Rams!
As a fan of Raceland football, it irks me to see certain homers on the coaching staff. Former players who played anywhere from the mid-to-late 90's to early/mid 2000's. Truth be told a few were better athletes than myself, still not saying much. The same individuals who were part of past teams who couldn't find ways to win tough, close games. Same people who toss footballs in the endzone costing the Rams a playoff win, dropping balls in the endzone killing momentum, trying to be a hero instead forcing a turnover or two. I could go on for days. Keeping homers on staff only works if you're a Mayfield, Beechwood, Highlands, etc. Ya know, former players who have won on the highest levels and know what it takes to get to the Promise Land. Whenever the "good ole boys" and their inner circle folks exit and a new fresh, outside the box coaching staff rolls into town it'll always be "coulda would shoulda" for Raceland football.
BackShoulderThrow Wrote:As a fan of Raceland football, it irks me to see certain homers on the coaching staff. Former players who played anywhere from the mid-to-late 90's to early/mid 2000's. Truth be told a few were better athletes than myself, still not saying much. The same individuals who were part of past teams who couldn't find ways to win tough, close games. Same people who toss footballs in the endzone costing the Rams a playoff win, dropping balls in the endzone killing momentum, trying to be a hero instead forcing a turnover or two. I could go on for days. Keeping homers on staff only works if you're a Mayfield, Beechwood, Highlands, etc. Ya know, former players who have won on the highest levels and know what it takes to get to the Promise Land. Whenever the "good ole boys" and their inner circle folks exit and a new fresh, outside the box coaching staff rolls into town it'll always be "coulda would shoulda" for Raceland football.

I heard a lot of grumbling going on about this staff during the game on Friday night. I've talked to several former players who have played for Maynard and Salmons and those players had no confidence in the coaches then and I'm not talking about players who never saw the field. I have had conversations with several ex coaches and they ask the same questions I do, where is the hustle, where is the toughness.

I've said it before and I will say it again and again, this coaching staff will gain my respect when they win a toss up game against a team with a winning record.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Was you at the same game I was at dawg fan?Raceland scored first on a slant from 70 yards out.Second possession they drove the length of the field and scored but got called back for a block in the back and was in a fourth and forever,turned the ball over on downs,should have been14 to nothing.Next possession they fumbled on the five yard line and LC scoped and scored from 95 yards.Instead of 21 to 0 it's 7 to 8.Thats luck bad for Raceland good for LC.Iam not taking anything away from LC kids or coaches,both are very good and playd a good game,but to say a dominat preformance is a slap in the face of the Racelad kids face.By the way the stats rushing LC 285 Raceland 304,passing LC 41 Rams 135 that's a "dominat preformance"?

I don't claim to be no expert stat keeper or anything and I don't know where you got those stats, but I call BS. I know for a fact that Lawrence County had more then 285 rushing yards. I would say that our FB had close to 200 all on his own. Then our TB had probably close to 100 and then you got to add on our QB's runs. We beat you 38-35, we ran the ball over 95% of the time and the only score we got that didn't come from the offense was the fumble return that I can remember so your numbers dont add up. :eyeroll:
Do-double-gg Wrote:I don't claim to be no expert stat keeper or anything and I don't know where you got those stats, but I call BS. I know for a fact that Lawrence County had more then 285 rushing yards. I would say that our FB had close to 200 all on his own. Then our TB had probably close to 100 and then you got to add on our QB's runs. We beat you 38-35, we ran the ball over 95% of the time and the only score we got that didn't come from the offense was the fumble return that I can remember so your numbers dont add up. :eyeroll:

Never mind this post. Sometimes I get caught up in the little things that don't even matter. The only stat that matters is 38-35 win! You can talk all day about if's and but's and candy and nuts. Im sure the Beach kid is a heck of an athlete but if one player is the reason you lost a game then you have worse problems then you think. You need to take care of buisness with teams like Fairview, Pikeville, Hazard and Williamsburg, I know I will be rooting for Raceland the rest of this year and I hope you go all the way to Bowling Green. The score of this game last year was 54-14 so I think the Dawg's have improved a bunch and that makes me happy. :Thumbs: