Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence County 38 Raceland 35
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
LC very fortunate alot of dumb and mental mistakes. And played flat and dull IMO!!!!!!!!
The pass interference call in the end zone in the last 1:30 was absolutely atrocious!!!!! Congrats LC!!!!!!!!!!!
Where was the defense at in the 2nd half.. Congrads to LC on a win.. Raceland way to keep ur heads up but come on guys you gotta win these close games...
I'll take it..a win is a win...shake off any bad call and correct any mistakes b4 next weeks 1st district game!!
Nice showing by the Bulldogs!
Congrats on the win Dawgs :Thumbs:
I'm not one to complain very often but I'll give the refs that final touchdown for Raceland. Good job Bulldogs. Good luck to Raceland this year.
It seems that Raceland has been in shootouts all year this year.

Congrats LC
I also cant wait to here since Fairview beat LC that they are going to beat raceland...
IMO Raceland is a MUCH better team than Fairview, that game truly should have been won by the dawgs. I'll bet Raceland wins by 20 against them.
Congrats Dawgs on the win. I knew #10 and #11 would see a lot of time on defense.
I think this defense grew up a lot in this one and other then the last quarter had a very good game. What was up with the refs in the last few min of this game this should be a two score win but a win is a win. That was the most confusion and flags thrown with a team taking a knee for the win I think I have ever seen.
thought Raceland would have won this 1..
Hats off to Lawrence, they played a great game. I know I'm going to be criticized, but Raceland's current coaching staff does not have the mentality to win a close game.
First off congrats Lawernce County you have a good tough team. The final score does not reflect the true nature of this game, Lawerence Co dominated all night and Raceland was never in the game from the start with th exception of the big TD pass at the beginning. The officiating was terrible tonight. I am a Ram fan but now way is that pass interference inthe endzone when Raceland scored their last TD. Right now Raceland is 4-0 against bad cupcake teams and 0-2 against good quality teams and I don't see that trend changing. If Raceland shows up against Fairview and plays like they did tonight then Fairview will beat them by 30 points or more.
Lawrence County surprised me with this win. Congrats to LC.
You sure your a ram fan Orange Blaze.. All I ever see is negativity coming from you. That's fine thought you are entitled to your own opinion but when the Rams and this coaching staff make it to the carpet in Bowling Green, I don't wanna hear you on the band wagon. There's a reason fans like us are in the stands and not on the sidelines. Said it once and I'll say it again, Raceland has one of the best coaching staffs in this area if not the best.
I'm just calling it how I see it and I don't think this team is tough enough to win important games.
Fairview won't beat Raceland by 30. I think it will be a very good game. Fairview has speed in the defensive backfield to match up with Raceland. I think Raceland will beat Fairview but they'll need to establish a running game early and pound the rock. Fairview is vulnerable if you can run the football. Also, I think Raceland has a very good coaching staff. They play a very balanced style of football and can beat you several ways. The Messer kid has some wheels and Elkins is a solid QB. Not to mention Beach who is a game changer. The Rams need to tighten up things on the defensive side of the ball because LC had their way with them between the tackles all night. That's the biggest weakness for Raceland that I took from this game.

Raceland played against a very talented LC backfield that is loaded with seniors. The Bulldog coaching staff brought back the offense that put LC on the map in the 90's. I'm excited of the future for Bulldog football.
The score doesn't tell it all. It appeared that LC controlled the game and for whatever reason the weakest I have seen Raceland look defensively. Credit goes to LC for that and good luck to both teams.
I agree that the last pass interference call was horrible. Once the ball is lobbed up the defense has a right to go after it.
And I'm calling it how I see it, you're an idiot.
NoPicks Wrote:You sure your a ram fan Orange Blaze.. All I ever see is negativity coming from you. That's fine thought you are entitled to your own opinion but when the Rams and this coaching staff make it to the carpet in Bowling Green, I don't wanna hear you on the band wagon. There's a reason fans like us are in the stands and not on the sidelines. Said it once and I'll say it again, Raceland has one of the best coaching staffs in this area if not the best.

How can you call a staff that hasn't won a big game the best in the area? Come on man. There were several boneheaded calls tonight, a couple of them coming out of time outs. Why, when we throw an interception, does Salmons shut the throwing game down? That's not good for the mentality of your QB. What do you think the outcome of the Fairview game is going to be if the Rams play like they did tonight? It will be four losses in a row to the Eagles, I don't think that has ever happen.

I don't know what number your kid is or which one of the coaches you are related to, but it's time for you to get realistic and stop looking through those orange colored glasses.
I think The Ams are a better team than Lawrence but they found numerous ways to lose tonight.

Really not a well played game by either team. I know Beach was out but I think Raceland needs to run the ball more.
Ramcat77 Wrote:How can you call a staff that hasn't won a big game the best in the area? Come on man. There were several boneheaded calls tonight, a couple of them coming out of time outs. Why, when we throw an interception, does Salmons shut the throwing game down? That's not good for the mentality of your QB. What do you think the outcome of the Fairview game is going to be if the Rams play like they did tonight? It will be four losses in a row to the Eagles, I don't think that has ever happen.

I don't know what number your kid is or which one of the coaches you are related to, but it's time for you to get realistic and stop looking through those orange colored glasses.

As the saying goes, you are what your record is. The biggest disappointment in the Raceland coaching staff IMHO was last season vs Pikeville, we blew them out to only come in when it counted flat and unprepared. That was on the coaches looking ahead to Fairview.
LC dominated this game and played the best game so far this year. All you Raceland fans should know that Fairview is way bigger than LC and a lot faster. The extremely poor officiating kept the rams in this game. I would like to think this was not intentional but because of inexperience and not understanding the rules. This is becoming a major problem in all sports all across the state. I still say the pass defense gives way to much cushion to receivers. They need to jam at the line and disrupt the timing. All in all though the defense did a very good job containing a very solid ram offense. The LC offense for most of the game had the rams defense backpedaling. Special teams had control the whole night. The rams are a good team and the Fairview game will be a very good game.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:LC dominated this game and played the best game so far this year. All you Raceland fans should know that Fairview is way bigger than LC and a lot faster. The extremely poor officiating kept the rams in this game. I would like to think this was not intentional but because of inexperience and not understanding the rules. This is becoming a major problem in all sports all across the state. I still say the pass defense gives way to much cushion to receivers. They need to jam at the line and disrupt the timing. All in all though the defense did a very good job containing a very solid ram offense. The LC offense for most of the game had the rams defense backpedaling. Special teams had control the whole night. The rams are a good team and the Fairview game will be a very good game.

Even as a Rams fan the way I saw it the officiating was terrible especially on the pass interference call that saved the 4th down and resulted in a Raceland TD. I don't know if home crowd, coaches influence it or not, but it needs to get better.
FBALL Wrote:I think The Ams are a better team than Lawrence but they found numerous ways to lose tonight.

Really not a well played game by either team. I know Beach was out but I think Raceland needs to run the ball more.

Sure, run the ball more, I think they have the backs to do it, but get up under center every now and again.
Inability to win a big game once again. Looks like the ramrs are pretenders, not contenders
Listen I don't have all the answers, I'm a fan just like you guys are but I do know this.. I support Raceland football 100%, coaches included. I know they do their best to put our boys in a position to be successful. Do I agree with every single decision, of course not but I'm smart enough to know they are more qualified than any of us sitting on the stands. Like I said, when Raceland does win the big one, and they will, it's going to be hilarious to see RamCat, OrangeBlaze, and RamDad50 jump on the band wagon.
By the way, congrats to Lawrence, they played well and deserved to win this game. Raceland played with great effort just a few mistakes here and there. Lawrence has a dang good team. It was a fun HS football game to watch.
Since it would take me forever to comment on some of the more ridiculous statements made by some people on this thread (mostly fair weather Ram fans) I'll just say this...this game would have had a different outcome had Beach played, and most intelligent football fans wouldn't dispute that. Having said that, The Dawgs have a nice team, and I think they will be second only to Belfry in their district / region.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5