Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence County 38 Raceland 35
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
BackShoulderThrow Wrote:Can't blame them really. One program still has a coach who's nothing more than a figure-head while the other just recently snapped a 25 game losing streak. Then again Fairview is an option too.

Yet none of them seem nearly as dysfunctional as the Am fans.
THEBIGDAWG Wrote:But Really Tell Us How You Really feel Raceland!!!!!!! :popcorn: And really I don't blame you but I wouldn't be to upset losing to LC. I've always had Respect for Raceland and before the season started I said "Well there is a Measuring Stick Game".

As far as I go, I did not mean to be disrespectful to Lawrence County and if you think I was I apologize. You guys have a great team an played hard to earn your win last Friday. My issue is Raceland always talks big and can't back it up. Is it partially the coaches fault? Yes they have to take some of the heat but look back and it wasn't too long ago that fan were calling for the head of Vanderhoof after falling in 06 and 08. I think the problem with Raceland is a culture of unjustified high expectations every year. It is ok to be a loyal fan but try to e objective and see what is really happening instead of what you want to see.
Big dog I know for a fact that nobody on here feels bad for getting beat by LC.Its just the fact it's another game that could have went Racelands way and didn't and never does sense this coaching staff took over.Nothing but respect for LC
This team has shown a level of complacency that has cost them a few games and made a few scary that shouldnt have been. That being said, they seem to have zero conditioning program and Beach is highly overrated. Hes a fumbling machine, hes a good athlete but not the level of what people expected. That 08 team would wear this team out just by being tougher.
Club17 Wrote:This team has shown a level of complacency that has cost them a few games and made a few scary that shouldnt have been. That being said, they seem to have zero conditioning program and Beach is highly overrated. Hes a fumbling machine, hes a good athlete but not the level of what people expected. That 08 team would wear this team out just by being tougher.

A sense of complacency and very little off season workout program is whats at Russell now, why would they want the same type of coach in Maynard to come in
I think the 08 team would beat this years by 3 td......or more
mightydog Wrote:A sense of complacency and very little off season workout program is whats at Russell now, why would they want the same type of coach in Maynard to come in

Who knows but it seems like thats what is going on in Raceland, I know the lines are big but there is a difference in big and fat. After seeing the conditioning level of these guys Im leaning towards the later. All offseason you heard about how good their feet were and watching the Ashland game, the young and very raw Ashland LB (#2 I think) was shooting gaps left and right. That tells me they have poor footwork, once #2 was out it was a different story. That doesn't change the fact that teams will exploit the lack of agility along the front, or they should at least.
voice of reason Wrote:I think the 08 team would beat this years by 3 td......or more

The 08 team would probably have a running clock against this years team. They have potential to be good but they are not disciplined. I catch heat from some Raceland fans on here but this is not an elite team. I have played against elite teams from Northern KY and I can guarantee that this squad would be finished after the first quarter against one of those teams. I would love to see Raceland succeed but first they have to change their mentality and do the little things that championship caliber teams do.
I watched the game on Rivals and both teams seem really slow. Those big lineman that Raceland have just don't move around too well. Raceland's lineman just wanted to look around and see where the ball was. Big lineman doesn't always mean they will dominate. Get the big lineman mentality out and just put your best athletes out there.
I agree mfsports. Way to many guys standing and watching. This was a game that was supposed to solidify Raceland's ability, relevance, and ranking. All it did for me was doubt my earlier assurity on Raceland winning the district. I now am not confident that will happen, let alone a Regional Championship
I watched the first quarter of the LC game, I didn't focus too much on the offensive line, although it could improve, they scored 35 points. My main focus was the defensive line. First thing I noticed, is the gap in the middle of the defense that you could drive a Mack truck through. The linemen go straight up field and never come under any kind of control, I guess this is fine if your linebackers are sound, but in the quarter I watched, our middle linebacker was consistently blown off the ball.

You know, I complain a lot about Salmons, that's really unfair, cause if you're putting 30+ points on the board, per game, you should be winning. I guess I am more frustrated with the defense. Watch every one of Raceland's games from this year and we have consistently given up big yardage down the middle of the field.
You have got to be joking!!!! No conditioning! Really? Raceland may have the best conditioning program around. They lost a ballgame people a 1 A team to a 3 A team!!! What a bunch of fairweather fans!!! No sense in any other teams putting us down when we have our own fans to do it for us. Shameful!
Sounds like they run a 4-3, this set will leave a gap in the middle to be covered by linebackers. A 3-4 gives you a nose tackle
Love to read great information from all of these high school coaches on here. I guess thats why you get paid the big bucks.
I'm not being a fair weather fan, I am just pointing out that Raceland has unjustified hype every year that isn't backed up.
RamPride Wrote:Love to read great information from all of these high school coaches on here. I guess thats why you get paid the big bucks.

If the Rams do not make it to the state championship this season with all the typical hype and the path weakened, this season will be a failure.
I just hope Russell has nothing going on during the playoffs that may result in our big buck coach delegating the preparation for a big game to assistants.

If you can't give 100% to your team, will they give you 100%? If this team falls flat and loses in a game like the debacle vs Pikeville last season, it is always,
"next season we are the greatest eva! :Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
RamPride Wrote:Love to read great information from all of these high school coaches on here. I guess thats why you get paid the big bucks.

If your referring to me I'm just pointing out a defensive scheme. I don't know what raceland runs. And yes there's probley people on here that could have been good coaches and know football but chose not to coach for one reason or another
A win is a win, and a loss is a loss. No matter what the outcome is, come out the next week and work your butt off and keep improving. That's what good teams do. Raceland has a good football team.

This one is a classic. :thatsfunn
RealMenWearOrange Wrote:You have got to be joking!!!! No conditioning! Really? Raceland may have the best conditioning program around. They lost a ballgame people a 1 A team to a 3 A team!!! What a bunch of fairweather fans!!! No sense in any other teams putting us down when we have our own fans to do it for us. Shameful!

Maybe speed program would be a better word. It does no good to be 290 if you can't lock onto a kid because you can't move your feet quick enough to stay engaged. Conditioning will help stop all the cramps they were experiencing on cooler nights at the beginning of the season. Remember conditioning is more than running, its also taking care of your body. So its the staffs responsibility to supply the necessary tools to allow the kids to be successful.
Exactly. Being strong is great don't get me wrong, but add in proper nutrition and other ways of conditioning besides sprints and up-downs. I'd rather weigh 270 being athletic and not quite as strong as opposed to being 300 all brute strength but limited mobility, JMO.
voice of reason Wrote:If the Rams do not make it to the state championship this season with all the typical hype and the path weakened, this season will be a failure.
I just hope Russell has nothing going on during the playoffs that may result in our big buck coach delegating the preparation for a big game to assistants.

If you can't give 100% to your team, will they give you 100%? If this team falls flat and loses in a game like the debacle vs Pikeville last season, it is always,
"next season we are the greatest eva! :Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
Ha, we've already heard that. It's already been posted about how great the freshman and Jr high teams are, strongest ever, bunch of studs. Same thing we've heard for years and how far has it taken raceland in the playoffs?. Better to be quiet, strap em up, and play the game. Let your actions speak for you. We hear how good raceland is every year, then the posters have to go to their bag of excuses as to why they didn't win
Again, congrats Lawrence County. No more sense in taking anything away from you guys.
Got to watching some film again and noticed Racelands defensive holes. At 300 lbs and far removed from the game speed, I am confident that I coukd have ran through the holes B gap to B gap, that were left open in the Ashland game(Vaughn and Prince kikked us up the middle) and Lawrence(Goble wore us out). The gaps were their at Greenup to. They just didnt have the lineman to get to our LBs. i think Raceland may need to think about going to a five man front. When we went to a 5-2 or a 5-3 we managed to slow Lawrence down. But for some reason, just like or offensive tendencies, we find something that works, then go back to the old routine.
BackShoulderThrow Wrote:Again, congrats Lawrence County. No more sense in taking anything away from you guys.

Agree 100% they had a game plan and just wore us out. In my opinion we were gifted at least 1 td by the bad officiating, this game wasn't as close as the score indicated. I hope we have Beach back and he and Messer stay injury free or lets just start the hype for the "greatest team ever" next season.
Congrats to LC, your team executed a great game plan.
Im done twlking about potential. Raceland potentially will lose in the 2nd rd of the playoffs again this year. It is not being a fair weather fan, I have been saying "prove it all season". I began to feel better after the win against Dawson-Bryant bc we should have lost that game due to adversity, bad officiating, injuries. Ive always said good teams find ways to win no matter the circumstances. Seeing Raceland hold on to the W that night changed my mind about them. Then they decide to lay an egg on homecoming night. Untik this team wins a game they COULD or Shouldnt win, I wont be able to say Raceland is an elite team in the 1A class. Not even top tier. They will fall into the "Everyone else" behind Mayfield, Hazard, Beechwood, Russellville, and Fairview. Bc imo with the Addition of Fairview, thise are ur contenders right now. Raceland has alot of work to do on both sides of the bal

Again, notbeing a Fair weather fan, just stating facts. With all of this said I will ALWAYS, support the rams and will never be ashamed to say so. But I am just tired of mh mouth writing checks my backside cant cash lol. PROVE ME WRONG RAMS!
Sorry, Pikeville's basketball type scoring offense can probably score w neone. Question is, can they stop neone. That is a common thread all of the top eastern teams in class a share.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Sorry, Pikeville's basketball type scoring offense can probably score w neone. Question is, can they stop neone. That is a common thread all of the top eastern teams in class a share.

Another question will the coaches prepare them this time rather than looking ahead? I hope the lesson was learned. I don't blame the players for that debacle,that was all on the coaches last year.
Of course it makes you unpopular to go against the grain and actually speak the truth. McPeak was in Maynard's head that week, overlooking Pikeville.
"Only a fool underestimates their opponent"
Don't be to upset raceland you have a really good team you should be proud of the way they played they were after it to last play of the game. If I were you all I would be getting behind these kids and coaches they will need your support with Fairview coming to town. From playing both teams fairview imo has the advantage over raceland they have the team speed on the corners to stay with messer. Lines looked to be about the same but Fairview does not play as many players both ways as raceland does which I think will be the difference Fairview by 21 if they have the same officials they had for lc game fairview by 7. I hope this fires you guys up and raceland wins this game!!!
I hope we do not have those refs at all...Horrible calls on both sides of the ball...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5