Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 38 Raceland 35
Say what u will about the coaching staff and play calling. All three of racelands most recent coaches, BT Ross, Hoof, now Maynard have struggled getting teams past a regional semifinalist. Raceland has NEVER won a regional championship. Alot of it comes down to the other teams simply being better. There have however been times that Racelands coaching staff started playing ball control a bit too late. Its one thing to be classy when u r up by 20 pts at the half. But momentum is socimportant at the hs level that if u let a descent team, in ur same class level, think they haw a shot, and u continue to pull back on the throttle, u will lose. I am refering to Raceland/LCA regional champ game in 08. Fact of the matter is, to call out this coaching staff b saying it woukdbe different w hoof at the helm again, is a crazy statement. The program as a whole needs to adopt a kill or be killed mentality. If it takes beating a team by 69 to beat them, so be it.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Say what u will about the coaching staff and play calling. All three of racelands most recent coaches, BT Ross, Hoof, now Maynard have struggled getting teams past a regional semifinalist. Raceland has NEVER won a regional championship. Alot of it comes down to the other teams simply being better. There have however been times that Racelands coaching staff started playing ball control a bit too late. Its one thing to be classy when u r up by 20 pts at the half. But momentum is socimportant at the hs level that if u let a descent team, in ur same class level, think they haw a shot, and u continue to pull back on the throttle, u will lose. I am refering to Raceland/LCA regional champ game in 08. Fact of the matter is, to call out this coaching staff b saying it woukdbe different w hoof at the helm again, is a crazy statement. The program as a whole needs to adopt a kill or be killed mentality. If it takes beating a team by 69 to beat them, so be it.

You really confuse me at times, you should really consider being a politician. One post you are all over the coaching staff and their inability to win the big game and in another you are right in their hip pocket, I don't think you can play it both ways. I think it is partially fair to compare Hoofy to Maynard, but I don't think you can throw Ross in there. Times are way different now as compared to the days when Ross was coaching. For one, the area as a whole wasn't down. The teams that made up the districts from those days weren't watered down as they are today. Raceland's schedule today, as opposed to what Ross lined up back then, is cake.

In one of my earlier posts I stated that I was a little hard on Salmons, sure his playing calling is questionable at times, but if you can put 30+ points on the board, then you should be winning, and most of Raceland's problems right now are on the defensive side of the ball. I think one of the biggest problems with this team right now, are the people that are part of the inner circle, who have nothing to do with the coaching, have built this team up to believe that they are one of the best teams in Raceland history, and this all happened before the first pads popped. These kids have developed a sense of entitlement, and I don't think that is their fault. The talk of the next team being a carbon copy of the last one, and the talk of this being a special group of kids and how they have all the riches of a regional and state titles ahead of them, has got to stop. The team after this is nothing until they step on the field and prove it.

I've said it time and time again, if this coaching staff would simply win a game that they aren't heavily favored in, then they will gain my respect.
Russell had that sense of entitlement a few years back. Expecting to win is one thing. Expecting to win just because you showed up is another. Talk is cheap.
Ramcat, i understand ur confusion. I am a very spontanious person. So alot of what i post is generalized to a certain post I read. Maybe i should begin auoting what i am refering to. What i am trying to convey is this, be it having to deal with NCC or BW, beating ourselves by giving up, calling a game "not to loose" rather than win, Raceland has issues w the big game. I agree, until this cosching staff can get over that hump of winning a game they COULD win, but really shouldnt, i am a supporter, but feel thy havent been all they couldbe. But, I will say the same thing about the players. "Deserve to Win", imo isnt a good message to send to kids.
I dnt feel any team DESERVES victory unless they go out and earn it. From the top down, From Maynard, all the way to the freshman who hasnt seen a snap all season, Rams as a whole need to stop worrying about the outside of the locker room and into the business of letting their play talk for them. The should hae, woukd have, could have statements are gone from my vocab...just win. Not matter the cost.
Raceland plays down to the level of their competition. I have no problem with the coaching or the play calling. i have a problem with the lack of intensity by the kids. Ashland and lawrence aren't very good and we played down to their level.
Agreed. Raceland doesnt have the ability to play their own brand of football. It all depends on the effort of the other team.
Kick them in the butt and get them started! Play with attitude or swag as they call it.
[quote=RAM-A-DEVIL]Raceland plays down to the level of their competition. I have no problem with the coaching or the play calling. i have a problem with the lack of intensity by the kids. Ashland and lawrence aren't very good and we played down to their level.[
Has to be the reason, how else can a team like raceland lose to these inferior teams. This has to be the reason

:please:
I think LC was a better team in my opinion, we benefitted huge by some bad calls. IMHO, should have lost by 2 td's.
There is a reason. Raceland just isnt what everyone thought they should be.... SHOCKER i know. The reason they are falling short is a lack of intensity and desire. They are doing enough offensively and tbh when the effort is their they have one of the most solid defenses in the 1A East.
These kids have been playing or starting sence their sof year,everybody thinks this should be there year.Sometimes to much playing time is not a good thing.I think we r seeing a bunch of kids greeting tired of playing football.I know it sounds crazy but I have talked to a lot of coaches who
have coached a long time and the all say the same thing.You will get two good years out of most young kids at the high school level.Iam begging to think that is what we r seeing

Voice of reason I think u r forgetting how the game started.Raceland had a chance to be up 21 to nothing if the do the game is over. I know LC made some plays to keep this from happening but most was self inflicted by the Rams

We still have a long way to go but I see nothing from these kids that makes me think the can do no better then 7&5 and that my friends is a very bad year.
Better watch the bgr po po on the loose!!! Maybe its just me they like picking on I'm not a HOF or Head Coach or Assistant Coach.
THEBIGDAWG Wrote:Better watch the bgr po po on the loose!!! Maybe its just me they like picking on I'm not a HOF or Head Coach or Assistant Coach.

This is not nearly as bad as the other (paid) board. It is run like the communist newspaper Pravda, any negative or critical remarks and you are shunned forever or banned. The fact is this area is down, Raceland has 0 excuses not to play on the carpet.
I am concerned like others, there is no emotion,going through the moves and maybe the kids are feeling pressure and tighten up. I wish they would let Elkins call some plays to make the no huddle effective. At times it looks like a Chinese fire drill getting a play in. Keep them on their heels, Elkins is smart and a 3 yr starter, I would give him some control.
Defensively, I don't know what has happened, I agree with the poster who said when the effort is there we are tough to move the ball on.