Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 Belfry vs. Sheldon Clark - 9/27
Best team in AAA so far this year vs the worst. Won't be pretty.
Mr. Friday Nights Wrote:Best team in AAA so far this year vs the worst. Won't be pretty.

McCreary Central is the worst team in 3A.... they are one of 4 or 5 worst teams regardless of class.
I guess we will get to see just how good Central is this year after tonight. They host St. X tonight. The last couple years this has been a competitive game. I say it will be within a 3 td game possibly even closer. Central always seems to up their play when the competition gets better.
I don't know if Central's offense is down as bad as everyone says they are because they put 87 points on the board last week against Western. I know Western isn't a great team but they're a 6a school and I know there isn't any Sheldon Clark's or East Ridge's in 3a.
pirateforlife00 Wrote:I don't know if Central's offense is down as bad as everyone says they are because they put 87 points on the board last week against Western. I know Western isn't a great team but they're a 6a school and I know there isn't any Sheldon Clark's or East Ridge's in 3a.

????

KHSAA had the Final Score as 20-14
PaytoPlay Wrote:Love to see Belfry work on a couple things like getting the TE into the passing game. Also like to see a defensive personnel package on 3rd and long/obvious passing downs where we replace Duty and Stanley with a couple DB's. Maybe Catron and Dotson would be effective in such role.

As much as me and you both would like to see the tight end used a little more in the passing game. It will have to be the back up tight end this weekend. Cole is sitting this one out as well as a few other starters. They got told not to even bring their pads.
pirateforlife00 Wrote:I don't know if Central's offense is down as bad as everyone says they are because they put 87 points on the board last week against Western. I know Western isn't a great team but they're a 6a school and I know there isn't any Sheldon Clark's or East Ridge's in 3a.

EKUAlum05 Wrote:????

KHSAA had the Final Score as 20-14
I don't know why Maxpreps has it 87-6, but the Riherds KHSAA scoreboard, and the Courier Journal both have the score as 20-14.

With their starting tailback and fullback still suspended, Central continues to struggle on offense. I wonder when or even if Beason and Powell will have their suspensions lifted and get back on the field?
proud44pirate Wrote:As much as me and you both would like to see the tight end used a little more in the passing game. It will have to be the back up tight end this weekend. Cole is sitting this one out as well as a few other starters. They got told not to even bring their pads.
Good move by the coaching staff, use the extra time to heal up and get avoid any risk of further injury.

This game will be little more than a time for the starters to get a little exercise and the 2nd and 3rd stringers to get valuable reps and experience.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:McCreary Central is the worst team in 3A.... they are one of 4 or 5 worst teams regardless of class.

Sheldon Clark can't be far behind.