Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: #1 Belfry vs. Sheldon Clark - 9/27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know that Belfry names the score, a running clock and ALOT of White jerseys on the field after the half but what say you?
1st Half
Belfry 49
SC 0
2nd Half
Belfry 56
SC 6
Glad this game comes before the rough part of the schedule starts for Blefry. Willing to bet you will see several of Belfrys players sitting this one out. Deciding to rest some players is a great decision from the coaching staff. No there is no big injuries to talk about, just a great time to let some kids get some rest and watch from the sideline in bluejueans and jersey.
Tic toc running clock.
3A #1 is Louisville Central and they will remain so regardless of any poll until someone knocks them off.
Leonids, this is a new year. What Central has done in the past means NOTHING!!
Got to agree Louisville is the champs until someone knocks them off. We may be number 1 in the polls right now but when the tournmant starts its Centrals to lose. But my money is on the Pirates this year.
Running Clock Game
Belfry 62
Sheldon Clark 0
Leonidas Wrote:3A #1 is Louisville Central and they will remain so regardless of any poll until someone knocks them off.

Nice job changing the subject,

Belfry Middle School 28
Sheldon Clark 14
OOPS!

Belfry 48
Sheldon Clark 6
No offense to the Cardinals, but they are way down this year. I am not even going to make a prediction on this game. Belfry's freshman team could put a running clock on this years Sheldon Clark team.
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:Nice job changing the subject,

Belfry Middle School 28
Sheldon Clark 14
OOPS!

Belfry 48
Sheldon Clark 6

My post was actually meant to change the focus from naming the score against a horrible team, to reminding those who read this of the ultimate goal.

Never the less, thanks!
Belfry
Mercy will be shown. Heavy subs throughout, playing straight base defense, and the second the running clock is initiated Belfry will be subbing very deep beyond just the first wave of reserves..
Leonidas Wrote:My post was actually meant to change the focus from naming the score against a horrible team, to reminding those who read this of the ultimate goal.

Never the less, thanks!
See, belfry does not look that far ahead, well the players don't anyway. Like Haywood always says, One game at a time. That's how you get to week 15.
^My friend, these kids started looking forward to that state title game in middle school.

They play one game at a time, but it's a fact that from 7th grade on every day they are working for a state championship at the high school level.
^Yes that is what they all strive for but you can't get there if you look over the team that is in front of you to the next one.
Leonidas Wrote:3A #1 is Louisville Central and they will remain so regardless of any poll until someone knocks them off.
It's clear to everyone that Central is not the team they were in recent years. Even the ones who does the polls see it. Yes they were crowned champions last year but this is a different year. They are not champions yet, this year. I would rather Belfry not be #1 but they are ahead of the curve this year. They are clearly the front runner in 3A.
Belfry names the score in this one.
My number one team in the Mountains Belfry 62 Sheldon Clark 06 from Williamsburg :Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead
Really? They're actually going to play this game?!?

In the name of all that is holy . . .

Train hits cow.
District game. It wasn't long ago that this game would have been a battle. Not this year. Haywood will be subing JV's and Freshmen early in this one.
Belfry by whatever they want it to be. I say Haywood takes it easy on this battered Cards and win 49-0. With the Varsity playing the first qtr, JV the next two, and let the freshmen play the whole 4th.
Love to see Belfry work on a couple things like getting the TE into the passing game. Also like to see a defensive personnel package on 3rd and long/obvious passing downs where we replace Duty and Stanley with a couple DB's. Maybe Catron and Dotson would be effective in such role.
Good luck to both teams!!

Like BlackCatFan, I'm not going to name a score but think that Belfry will take it by a large margin.

Everyone, please have an injury free game!!!
skully03 Wrote:It's clear to everyone that Central is not the team they were in recent years. Even the ones who does the polls see it. Yes they were crowned champions last year but this is a different year. They are not champions yet, this year. I would rather Belfry not be #1 but they are ahead of the curve this year. They are clearly the front runner in 3A.

We beat 5A Harlan, who gets a running clock out on them by JC, and Central loses a couple close games to some very good 6A schools and all of sudden we're the favorite!?

I'm not drinking that kool-aid. They ARE the defending CHAMP in 3A and they own that title until a new one is crowned. So in my opinion, they should be ranked #1 in 3A until a 3A school beats them, which has yet to happen, and I don't care if Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstreit declare us #1.
Any reports on the new Mexican place in Inez?.. I have heard it is good...was just curious...May be the most exciting part of the night!!
I agree in theory Leonidas. I think any team that has won 5 out of 6 championships deserves a lot of the benefit of the doubt and should be considered A favorite no doubt. The Jackets showed last year that the field in 3A is getting a lot closer than it had been. They won their last 4 playoff games by 18 points TOTAL. Yes, they did win them and they have another gold trophy to show for it, but at this point I have no problem putting Belfry as a co-favorite, with Central still at the top. I look at South Warren, PT, Wayne and Bourbon County as other teams that have a legitimate shot to make a deep run in the playoffs. Belfry needs to just keep getting better and they will be fine. They have most/all the pieces to a real good team, but they must stay healthy and get better on D, IMO.
Belfry is the favorite but there are several good teams in 3A. This will be a very interesting season come November.
Well you should be drinking that Kool- Aid. It tastes pretty good. Belfry is a legitimate favorite this year it's clear. Yes central is a favorite too and like bucslover said in his post all those other teams will go deep as well. Central has my respect as well they should have every belfry fans respect. We know what they are capable of. Regardless of defeating higher class or losing to lower classes or whatever like I said before central is NOT where they were in past seasons. Therefore they have dropped in the polls. I said before I'd rather Belfry not be # 1 but no one can say we don't deserve it. 3A is wideopen this year and it's going to make for an exciting post season.
3A is the most exciting class in the state this year! There is a lot of good teams than can put up a fight in any class.
Pages: 1 2