Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ jcms. 9/12 8 grade
Listen this was two very good teams playing last night JC 7th is just alot better then ours the freshman most of them are playing varsity and didn't play last night but back to our game i thank it was two evenly matched teams and they will play again in the Big Sandy and it will be who gets better from here in the next one it was a great game to watch and can't want until the next one.
Eagle84 Wrote:Let make sure I understand what you are saying, JCMS' 8th beats Belfry's 18-12 it because of the officials. If that the case what the excuses for JCMS' 7th beating Belfry's 7th 28-0, JCHS JV winning 28 -6 and the Freshman winning 16-0 over Belfry?

Belfry has 6 Freshman on Varsity (Fletcher and Catron) with 4 of them starting (Bentley, Horton, Hall, and Woolum).

That has nothing to do with the Middle School Scores, but it definitely has to be accounted for when comparing the Freshman and JV scores.
Yes it is true this game was a dandy but I will say this Belfry was penalized twice as much As JC and Belfry absolutely got hosed on the call in OT when the QB crossed the goal line and the ball was spotted on the 1/2 yard line, the ref got caught up on looking at feet rather than the ball FYI after the Homecoming, the meal being served HOME COOKING!TongueirateSho
As far as our 7th game goes the 7th graders that play up on the 8th grade team didnt play with Belfrys 7th grade team against JC. The main reason these games are played is so everyone can watch the 10th game of the high school season. Wonder if anyone knows the record of how that game has went over all the years. Think its something like 29-3 in Belfrys favor is what someone told me. Yes the last 6 years is split 3-3 so figure its going to be a good one week 10. Making no excuses but if the middle school game is played on a neutral field Belfry 8th wins every time. And I think if the 7th graders that are playing with our 8th grade team would get to play for the 7th grade team we would whip you then.
What is the record of the Belfry 8th vs JCMS 8th and the Belfry 7th vs JCMS 7th since Belfry Middle has existed? Pretty sure Belfry Middle School won there first game ever against JCMS last year.
Belfry has a wonderful football program. And they have players with big hearts that always end up being great high school players, but so does JCMS.

It was an outstanding game last year and this year. Don't be a soar loser if your team ends up on the wrong side of the loss.

Enjoy a great competition between two outstanding programs that leave it all on the line. Don't take anything away from either side. Neither year. Enjoy the best game in sports. FOOTBALL!
proud44pirate Wrote:As far as our 7th game goes the 7th graders that play up on the 8th grade team didnt play with Belfrys 7th grade team against JC. The main reason these games are played is so everyone can watch the 10th game of the high school season. Wonder if anyone knows the record of how that game has went over all the years. Think its something like 29-3 in Belfrys favor is what someone told me. Yes the last 6 years is split 3-3 so figure its going to be a good one week 10. Making no excuses but if the middle school game is played on a neutral field Belfry 8th wins every time. And I think if the 7th graders that are playing with our 8th grade team would get to play for the 7th grade team we would whip you then.

It astonishes me how many excuses Belfry’s fans have made for losing. Why play the game? Just declare Belfry the winner or Belfry’s fans will make an excuse. Come on I would like to think Belfry’s fans are bigger than that. Everyone knows you play with what you got and more on to the next game. I agree if Belfry had played their entire freshman last night it would have been a different game. I could have come up with several excuses (poor officiating, did not play 7th grades, player’s hurt) for the lost last year, but the truth is we simple did not make enough plays to win on the ROAD. Like said in a previous post Belfry “kicked our butt last year up there period”. However, these two teams will play again in the conference finals which I feel will be another great game. Only making both teams better in the long run.

:Sad04:
I'm a Belfry fan and I'm in agreement with JC fans on this one. The final score was 18-12 in JC's favor and thats all that matters.

All you Big Red fans are doing is giving them bulletin board material for the next time we meet. If I'm JC's coach I'm LMAO right now because I don't have to do anything at all to get my team ready.
Leonidas Wrote:I'm a Belfry fan and I'm in agreement with JC fans on this one. The final score was 18-12 in JC's favor and thats all that matters.

All you Big Red fans are doing is giving them bulletin board material for the next time we meet. If I'm JC's coach I'm LMAO right now because I don't have to do anything at all to get my team ready.

Yes i agree quit talking and get ready for round two last night was a good game and leave it at that GO BIG RED.
Great game by both teams!! Both teams need to start taking care of the ball. Way to many flags thrown against both teams. Both teams need to work on how to keep the refs flag in his pocket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By the way, I think our fans are as loyal, devoted, and as knowledgeable about football as just about any fanbase in the state.

I just wish we weren't allowed to get on BGR until the day after the game because we let our emotions get the best of us, and this guy here (ME) is as guilty of that as anybody.
No emotions here. I didnt have a kid on the field. People want to say last year JC was cheated so think that should give me the right to say JC has plenty of home cooking. Its middle school football. Its to get the kids better so when the big games, talking about high school, get played they will be ready. JC people are the ones that brought up the other games not me, like the 7th grade, freshmen and JV. But now I am looking forward to week 10 to see who gets the final laugh, when the big game counts.
Leonidas Wrote:By the way, I think our fans are as loyal, devoted, and as knowledgeable about football as just about any fanbase in the state.

I just wish we weren't allowed to get on BGR until the day after the game because we let our emotions get the best of us, and this guy here (ME) is as guilty of that as anybody.

Well said... but so it goes.. don't know if there is any fanbase on here who goes against the mold.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Well said... but so it goes.. don't know if there is any fanbase on here who goes against the mold.

Exactly!

And yes, proud44pirate, I remember their cries last year too.
[quote=proud44pirate]No emotions here. I didnt have a kid on the field. People want to say last year JC was cheated so think that should give me the right to say JC has plenty of home cooking. Its middle school football. Its to get the kids better so when the big games, talking about high school, get played they will be ready. JC people are the ones that brought up the other games not me, like the 7th grade, freshmen and JV. But now I am looking forward to week 10 to see who gets the final laugh, when the big game counts.[/QUOTE/]

I can promise you not the only ones chomping at the bits for week 10! Be careful for what you wish for!!!
Wow this was a closer game than what I thought it would. All you here from JC fans are how good their 8th grade team is but I guess Belfry showed them that talk is cheap. I'm beginning to believe that the JC bunch is over rated.
First let me congratulate Johnson central on the win,now on to the game.Belfry had ample opportunities to win this game but didn't capitalize on them.the mistakes are correctable.I believe the next time we meet you'll see a different game.the only success JC had was the 2nd give and belfry will take that away at the next meeting.this Pirate team has a lot of heart and talent...oh yeah as far as getting up for each other...this is middle school football at its finest...enough said!!!
[quote=Tiger Fever]Wow this was a closer game than what I thought it would. All you here from JC fans are how good their 8th grade team is but I guess Belfry showed them that talk is cheap. I'm beginning to believe that the JC bunch is over rated.[/QUOTE]

Over rated. Undefeated and defending 7th grade state champions. If you say so.

On a side note: Belfry is a defending state champion with several kids from last years team returning (hold backs and 7th graders) and a darn good team.
I we are so over rated then why did Paintsville drop out of the conference when they had to play the 8th grade in the regular season not just our 7th?
THOMCAT Wrote:[quote=Tiger Fever]Wow this was a closer game than what I thought it would. All you here from JC fans are how good their 8th grade team is but I guess Belfry showed them that talk is cheap. I'm beginning to believe that the JC bunch is over rated.[/QUOTE]

Over rated. Undefeated and defending 7th grade state champions. If you say so.

On a side note: Belfry is a defending state champion with several kids from last years team returning (hold backs and 7th graders) and a darn good team.
That's all you people talk about is your seventh grade "state championship". Don't you realize that the only reason that you won this prize is because its watered down. How many Northern Kentucky teams were in this? What about some of the Louisville and Lexington teams? What did you have to do to get into the middle school playoffs? Don't you have to pay some kind of dues to get in? If so how can anyone say that this is a legit playoff system.
Tiger Fever Wrote:[quote=THOMCAT]
That's all you people talk about is your seventh grade "state championship". Don't you realize that the only reason that you won this prize is because its watered down. How many Northern Kentucky teams were in this? What about some of the Louisville and Lexington teams? What did you have to do to get into the middle school playoffs? Don't you have to pay some kind of dues to get in? If so how can anyone say that this is a legit playoff system.

No sure what you are saying TIGER FEVER: What was the 7th Grade to do it change the name of the tournament after the won? The tournament was called 2012 7th Grade Middle School State Championship. In addition all those teams out of Lexington, Louisville and Northern KY had the same opportunities to enter as did JCMS. You can only play the teams on you schedule. In addition, if you had done some more resource you would have seen that the state tournament was made up of 4 Regions with teams from Northern KY and Louisville.

Second, doesn't the KHSAA require fees to be a member? What a dumb ass statement "Don't you have to pay some kind of dues to get in? If so how can anyone say that this is a legit playoff system.”
Last if the 8th Grade teams is over rated why does Paintsville 8th Grade Team which is the 3rd or 4th best team in the conference run from them and Belfry?

There people who show little class, no class and low class pick which one fits your position.
Who wins the next match up belfry and jcms 8 th grade rematch at P burg neutral field
eagles2011 Wrote:Who wins the next match up belfry and jcms 8 th grade rematch at P burg neutral field

Another barn burner because we seen nether team will quit can't want but i have to go with the boys in red by two with two made fieldgoals this time but I'll bet it still be a good one
GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!
JC 8th grade has a game open how about you talk Paintsville into playing us and we will see how overrated we are.
Jcms 8th and belfry 8th if I was a team in the play off I wouldn't want to match one the two teams . I was down on the side line and u could her the pads poping both these teams will smack u in the mouth good luck to belfry and jcms bring us back a state champion in d1 d2
Well I guess my comments shut up Tiger Fever. But I can see the D1 and D2 state championship returning to eastern Ky.
Greyhound Wrote:What is the record of the Belfry 8th vs JCMS 8th and the Belfry 7th vs JCMS 7th since Belfry Middle has existed? Pretty sure Belfry Middle School won there first game ever against JCMS last year.
Belfry has a wonderful football program. And they have players with big hearts that always end up being great high school players, but so does JCMS.

It was an outstanding game last year and this year. Don't be a soar loser if your team ends up on the wrong side of the loss.

Enjoy a great competition between two outstanding programs that leave it all on the line. Don't take anything away from either side. Neither year. Enjoy the best game in sports. FOOTBALL!

the middle school stuff is fine, but its really high school that matters, and we know thats not been close expect the last 6 times they played and then Belfry has been :1:
Tiger Fever Wrote:Wow this was a closer game than what I thought it would. All you here from JC fans are how good their 8th grade team is but I guess Belfry showed them that talk is cheap. I'm beginning to believe that the JC bunch is over rated.

Tiger Fever in your post listed above you got something correct, and that is " talk is cheap". Keep up the cheap shoots at us and will will continue to win.

FYI Belfry 8th is one of the best 5 middle school teams in KY period. Maybe 2nd best.