Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry @ jcms. 9/12 8 grade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Both teams undefeated who wins. : redboxer:
May be the division 2 and division 1 favorites in this one. I would love to be there, however, we play Thursday night also. I expect JC to win, but, expect Belfry to make it tough.
Close game but going with the Pirates,this team has yet to be put to the test.
Until someone beats them I'll have to go with JC, but look for a very close game at JC home. To close to call a score. Would not be too shocked by a Belfry win though. Good luck to both teams, hope for an injury free game and safe travels for all.Should be well a attended game as both fan bases are known to show up big...
Always look forward to this game.middle school football at its best.
What time is this game scheduled to start? Is there a 7th grade game before?
7th grade plays Magoffin county but I think it is after the 8th grade game
I think both of these teams will win there division this year. With that being said when Belfry wins this one they should be crowned overall state champs.
You guys must be in bunker mode. I though there would be a much bigger thread going here. I guess you all are tired after the Belfry @ HC thread. LOL!!! Should be a great Game.
There has been one score put on this thread. With that being said I am going to say JC 30 Belfry 12. It will be close the first half but I think the depth of Jc will be the difference maker in this one.
fly'n high Wrote:There has been one score put on this thread. With that being said I am going to say JC 30 Belfry 12. It will be close the first half but I think the depth of Jc will be the difference maker in this one.

We are two deep at just about every place on the field i don't think that will be the difference in this game i think it will be like last year and could go ether way but I'm going with my boys in a hard fought game.
i love belfry football and all but the best team bms has EVER had barley by the tip of the nose and a few bad calls beat j. central...... well this jc team won state last year!!!! these kids are pretty goos and im excited to get them at bhs but they just arent eagle good 2 soft on d and up front and no power in the backfeild
Jcms 22 belfry 16
Are you saying that JC has no power in the backfield and the line is soft?
Central 30 Belfry 20. Belfry make a late score to get the 20.
Say what you want you will change your mind after tomorrow I'm not saying
we will beat you I'm saying we are alot better than you thank so get ready for
war.
We aren't thinking that it isn't going to be a war. Anytime that these two teams meet that is exactly what it is.
fly'n high Wrote:Are you saying that JC has no power in the backfield and the line is soft?

no the other way around
Sorry I just read it wrong.
Going with the young Pirates...score Belfry 24-JC 18
22-20 Belfry in overtime. Figure JC keeps it close since they ALWAYS get the calls at there place. Just like last year Belfry is the best in the state.
Belfry didn't play South Pulaski last year so you cant make that claim< but they you all were pretty dang good.
proud44pirate Wrote:22-20 Belfry in overtime. Figure JC keeps it close since they ALWAYS get the calls at there place. Just like last year Belfry is the best in the state.

Starting to make excuses early are we not.

If you remember correctly last year JCMS 8th came to Belfry and had two close calls. (Being nice) go against us.

First close call was the 4th and Goal from inside the 1 was called a stop. Reviewing the tape later showed the back had gotten about 1 yard into the end zone before being pushed back out.

Second close call was late in the game when we were driving down inside the 20and had a clip called. Up till that point in the game the only calls the official had made was off sides on defense or illegal procedures on the offense. Clearly, Belfry and JCMS both had gotten away with blatant penalties throughout the game. My point is the official’s had made it clear up till the clip the game was going to be decided by the boys not them. In reviewing the clip on tape you can observe the official seeing the block watching the end of the run, seeing it would have been 1st and goal from around the 6 and then turning back and throwing the flag. No to imply any dishonesty watching the call several times it appeared the blocker got his head on the front side of the player but it was difficult to tell for sure.

In posting this I do not want to take anything away from last year’s 8th grade team greatness. They kick our put up there PERIOD. Just want to make the point when you are on the road either you make the play needed to win or not. Belfry is too good of a program to make excuses.

I expect this to be a great game. More than likely only quality game either team will play until they play again in the conference play off and the state tournament.
TongueirateSho
Updates?
JC 18
Belfry 12 in OT
Would love to see the stat line and how many flags was thrown in this one. Our 7th grade team was having to play so didnt get to go. Last we had heard Belfry was up 12-0 in the first quarter. Just have to wonder how much home field advantage plays in this game. Maybe next year we play it on a neutral field.
proud44pirate Wrote:22-20 Belfry in overtime. Figure JC keeps it close since they ALWAYS get the calls at there place. Just like last year Belfry is the best in the state.

Belfry had an awesome team last year, but I would rank them #3 behind South Pulaski and North Pulaski. I could also argue JC in that 3 spot but you guys won so I'll concede that point.

Anyways that's in the past, congrats to JCMS on their big win tonight.
Jcms came out flat the first half . They was a lot of flags lot late hits both teams gave it all they had . Was a good game . I wish we could drop the p- burg game and play each other again . Best luck to belfry u guys got a real good team should win state .
Great game by both teams! JC came out a little flat at first but got back on track. In all honesty Belfry should have not even scored but did so from a missed coverage and great play call by Belfry. Plus the kick off that went there way. JC moved the ball on a very good belfry defense but had two fumbles while driving deep in belfry territory. I am not saying that Belfry don't have a great team and well coached but I feel like the JC was and should have been 2 TD better. On this night they was not. Great game by both teams and good luck representing Eastern Ky middle school football!
proud44pirate Wrote:Would love to see the stat line and how many flags was thrown in this one. Our 7th grade team was having to play so didnt get to go. Last we had heard Belfry was up 12-0 in the first quarter. Just have to wonder how much home field advantage plays in this game. Maybe next year we play it on a neutral field.

Let make sure I understand what you are saying, JCMS' 8th beats Belfry's 18-12 it because of the officials. If that the case what the excuses for JCMS' 7th beating Belfry's 7th 28-0, JCHS JV winning 28 -6 and the Freshman winning 16-0 over Belfry?
Pages: 1 2