Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset@ Hazard 9/13
What part of "being suprised about their speed" says anything about beating Caldwell county? Referring to my quote posted by mysonic... They are fast, and their best overall athlete hasn't played a snap this season in Lange. Caldwell is legit, they probably should win it, there is no arguing Somersets potential though, especially at this point in the season.
mysonis55 Wrote:Cellking, you really don't want to tell someone who finds facts for a living that they don't know what they are talking about. You said that Somerset fans never said this, so here we go:

Page 11, I forgot to write the thread name down

E's Army posted. Bunnies should be #1. Somerset is team to beat.

I forgot to write the page and thread of these as well, has to be either on page 11 or 13.

E's Army posted, Bunnies bring home the big trophy.

Jumper Pride 1 posted, I'll say it now, people will be surprised at Somerset's speed. This team has more talent than the Somerset team that went to state.

Page 13 in 2013 Class 2a Football thread

LeeCoUK Fan posted, This year is the year for Somerset to get over the hump and bring home a State Championship! They have one of the best coaching staffs in the state, studs at skill positions, senior leadership and a really good offensive and defensive line.

E's Army Posted, Bunnies!!!!

RCVikings posted, The Briar Jumpers definitely have the best overall team and coaching staff. Haven't seen Caldwell Co but I have seen the Skidmore kid and he is legit.

E's Army posted, Bunnies will hop all over 2a.

Now does that refresh your memory? If not, I'm sure I can dig a little deeper.

Not a neg. statement about Caldwell Co. except from RCViking and he is not from Somerset.
mysonis55 Wrote:Cellking, you really don't want to tell someone who finds facts for a living that they don't know what they are talking about. You said that Somerset fans never said this, so here we go:

Page 11, I forgot to write the thread name down

E's Army posted. Bunnies should be #1. Somerset is team to beat.

I forgot to write the page and thread of these as well, has to be either on page 11 or 13.

E's Army posted, Bunnies bring home the big trophy.

Jumper Pride 1 posted, I'll say it now, people will be surprised at Somerset's speed. This team has more talent than the Somerset team that went to state.

Page 13 in 2013 Class 2a Football thread

LeeCoUK Fan posted, This year is the year for Somerset to get over the hump and bring home a State Championship! They have one of the best coaching staffs in the state, studs at skill positions, senior leadership and a really good offensive and defensive line.

E's Army Posted, Bunnies!!!!

RCVikings posted, The Briar Jumpers definitely have the best overall team and coaching staff. Haven't seen Caldwell Co but I have seen the Skidmore kid and he is legit.

E's Army posted, Bunnies will hop all over 2a.

Now does that refresh your memory? If not, I'm sure I can dig a little deeper.

You must research facts for the government then, because you know about as much as Congress...If you actually did any research you would know that E's Army is a Williamsburg fan, RCVikings is a Rowan County fan and LeeCoUK Fan is a Pulaski County fan. Not a single Somerset fan in the group. JumperPride1 is a Somerset fan but all he did was comment that Somerset's speed would suprise people and the team has more talent than the team that went to the state. He said nothing about beating Caldwell County.

Somerset fans said nothing of the sort.
That might be the case if these statements were not right after dream killer makes a statement about Caldwell. I didn't want to right everything in these threads. That would have taken me about as long as it takes 64 to write a paragraph, another words weeks.

I notice you point out that the remark about the speed is not negative. You however forgot the point where it was stated that Somerset has the better coaching staff and all the other things that went along with it.

The point is, you all tried to indicate that I was just saying things negative about east teams. I said another east team would beat a particular east team, Somerset, because Somerset is not living up to their billing. As you can obviously see yall had billed this team to be at least in the Championship and have a better coaching staff, skill players, line and other things than Caldwell. So far, they have not lived up to the billing.

What I said was that I think that Hazard, even though they have stumbled somewhat early, has the coaching staff to right the ship and will win this game. I find it hard to say that I said negative things about all the east teams. The only other team over there that I have been saying anything similar would be Williamsburg. That because they too have self anointed themselves and they are not living up to the billing.

Fairview is hard to tell about because I can't really gauge some of the teams they have played. I have praised Pikeville and Paintsville in my posts. I find it hard for anyone to make a blanket statement that I have disrespected all east teams. As a matter of fact, I even commented positively about Belfry, they are east aren't they.
mysonis55 Wrote:That might be the case if these statements were not right after dream killer makes a statement about Caldwell. I didn't want to right everything in these threads. That would have taken me about as long as it takes 64 to write a paragraph, another words weeks.

I notice you point out that the remark about the speed is not negative. You however forgot the point where it was stated that Somerset has the better coaching staff and all the other things that went along with it.

The point is, you all tried to indicate that I was just saying things negative about east teams. I said another east team would beat a particular east team, Somerset, because Somerset is not living up to their billing. As you can obviously see yall had billed this team to be at least in the Championship and have a better coaching staff, skill players, line and other things than Caldwell. So far, they have not lived up to the billing.

What I said was that I think that Hazard, even though they have stumbled somewhat early, has the coaching staff to right the ship and will win this game. I find it hard to say that I said negative things about all the east teams. The only other team over there that I have been saying anything similar would be Williamsburg. That because they too have self anointed themselves and they are not living up to the billing.

Fairview is hard to tell about because I can't really gauge some of the teams they have played. I have praised Pikeville and Paintsville in my posts. I find it hard for anyone to make a blanket statement that I have disrespected all east teams. As a matter of fact, I even commented positively about Belfry, they are east aren't they.

See post #63 in case you missed it. You weren't quoting Somerset fans...
JumperPride1 Wrote:As I've said before, I like this game on the schedule. Both teams are traditional small school eastern powers. Regardless of the outcome I think you will see both teams improve this week. Somersets staff hasn't forgotten how to coach, and their kids haven't forgotten how to play... Looking forward to the trip.

Agreed. This is all pre-district. Improvement is the name of the game. Didn't the Class AA state champs start out 1-4 last season? Why yes, I think they did! No predictions or comparisons to that team intended. Just a fact.

I really like the Hazard series, too. And I think the Jumpers should keep playing Glasgow every year (another consistent, quality program of comparable size). Heck, if I were God (or better yet, AD) for a day, I'd drop that lame-ass DMBull nonsense and renew our longstanding, history-laden series with Corbin (but only with Coach Lucas's consent, of course).

Good luck, Jumpers! I hope you win, and I think you will. But if you lose, no big deal . . . as long as your learning curve keeps pointing upward.
Mysonis55 is kissing:moon: :moon: :moon: from the bunnies :Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead next thing you will here from the bunnies will be that mayfield refused to play them.be careful mysonis55 with these bunnies.just a phone call away :phone::phone::phone:
mysonis55 Wrote:That might be the case if these statements were not right after dream killer makes a statement about Caldwell. I didn't want to right everything in these threads. That would have taken me about as long as it takes 64 to write a paragraph, another words weeks.

Your passionate and dogged pursuit of the windmill is both admirable and disconcerting. Best of luck.
I think they would be able to get an agreement from our staff for that one. It would be one heck of a travel game though. I just couldn't understand why saying that they are not living up to the billing got construed as me talking negative about every team in the east. I really, really, really think the Bunnies are OVERRATED. It is up to them to prove different. If you don't like my opinion, prove it wrong. That is how this works. Until they prove different, that is my opinion. If they prove different, I will be happy for them, esp since they have to be playing with a chip on their shoulders for having to be playing with the mascot of a scared rabbit.
mysonis55 Wrote:I think they would be able to get an agreement from our staff for that one. It would be one heck of a travel game though. I just couldn't understand why saying that they are not living up to the billing got construed as me talking negative about every team in the east. I really, really, really think the Bunnies are OVERRATED. It is up to them to prove different. If you don't like my opinion, prove it wrong. That is how this works. Until they prove different, that is my opinion. If they prove different, I will be happy for them, esp since they have to be playing with a chip on their shoulders for having to be playing with the mascot of a scared rabbit.

Probably the same way your "expert research" led you to construe quotes made by Williamsburg, Rowan County and Pulaski County fans as Somerset fans downing Caldwell County...
Are you still trying to say that Somerset fans did not say anything that would indicate that they were better than Caldwell or that they were the real deal? If so let me know, I'm sure I can dig more up. That only took me about 5 minutes work. The truth is the little bunnies were billed as being in the state championship if not the winners all preseason long. I simply said they are not living up to the billing. Can you in any small way tell me how to point to anything that would indicate that they are. Take off the Bunny glasses and see the team for what they are doing right now. I know it hurts. I went through that here from about 2006-2008. They are not living up to the billing just like we didn't then. I am not saying they won't regroup in a year or two, but they are not there right now.
I really cant wait for this game.. I am on dayshift now and can attend games and this one will be the first for me and my son of the year.
mysonis55 Wrote:Are you still trying to say that Somerset fans did not say anything that would indicate that they were better than Caldwell or that they were the real deal? If so let me know, I'm sure I can dig more up. That only took me about 5 minutes work. The truth is the little bunnies were billed as being in the state championship if not the winners all preseason long. I simply said they are not living up to the billing. Can you in any small way tell me how to point to anything that would indicate that they are. Take off the Bunny glasses and see the team for what they are doing right now. I know it hurts. I went through that here from about 2006-2008. They are not living up to the billing just like we didn't then. I am not saying they won't regroup in a year or two, but they are not there right now.

I dont believe you. Look up more.
When is Lange suppose to return?
mysonis55 Wrote:Are you still trying to say that Somerset fans did not say anything that would indicate that they were better than Caldwell or that they were the real deal? If so let me know, I'm sure I can dig more up. That only took me about 5 minutes work. The truth is the little bunnies were billed as being in the state championship if not the winners all preseason long. I simply said they are not living up to the billing. Can you in any small way tell me how to point to anything that would indicate that they are. Take off the Bunny glasses and see the team for what they are doing right now. I know it hurts. I went through that here from about 2006-2008. They are not living up to the billing just like we didn't then. I am not saying they won't regroup in a year or two, but they are not there right now.

Yes, that's exactly what we are saying. Dig up more, because you've done nothing to convince anyone of your point. If you can find anything to prove you are right, you pick my sig for the rest of the year.

ok mysonis55 i was one who pick somersets to play caldwell county in bowling green with middleboro being my sleeper team in the east. i confess:Sad04: :Sad04: :Sad04:
You're right on mysonis55!
On a side note Hazard has a beautiful stadium to play in.:Thumbs:
Baffles me how these threads go a stray from their topic. Somerset has bounced between A, AA, and AAA. Since 2006 if i am not mistaken. Much like Danville, since leaving single A they have been solid teams, but not the reg state champ contenders they were. Hazard suprised alot of people in last years Regional Semi's, but not in a positive way. There are still questions hanging over the Bulldogs right now. Are they a few years from going back to the Hazard of old? Does the bunch have an Olinger(my own personal question), Can the Hazard offense step up and play to the level of their defense? The game coming up against the Bunnies, as well as the Belfry and Fairview games, will let us know what kind of Hazard team to expect around district time. Because as we all know, outside of Mayfield/Russellville district, Raceland/Fairview district...single A district champs are just about all decided before a single game is played. Ie Williamsburg, Hazard, Pikeville...etc
Yes there is an Olinger on the team and hes a junior. Jalen Olinger... Offense look good week 1 and in week 2 The defense played better and only allowed 21 points and pitch a shut out in the 2nd half. I agree districts are usually wrapped up by the first district game.
RoShamBo Wrote:Yes, that's exactly what we are saying. Dig up more, because you've done nothing to convince anyone of your point. If you can find anything to prove you are right, you pick my sig for the rest of the year.

Okay, so you didn't they were the real deal. How about this:

Page 16 in the 2013 Preseason Powerhouses thread

Buffalo Bildos said, Somerset has 15 starters returning and every skill player coming back next year except for the tight end. Going to be in contention for 2a title, just like they are every other year again. Could be scary good next year that freshman qb Castle Hatcher has a year under his belt watch out 2a.

Page 10 in the 2013 Somerset Schedule thread

Jumper Pride 1 said, Somerset will return at TON of senior talent this year and should be able to score in bunches. (so far 47 points in 3 games WOW)

Ro Shambo said, This could beo one of the more talented teams in the past 20 years at Somerset.

Ro Shambo said, To be fair, a lot of people saying the Somerset v NCC game was the real state championship. Most Somerset fans fully expected NCC to win after you beat us.
mysonis55 Wrote:Okay, so you didn't they were the real deal. How about this:

Page 16 in the 2013 Preseason Powerhouses thread

Buffalo Bildos said, Somerset has 15 starters returning and every skill player coming back next year except for the tight end. Going to be in contention for 2a title, just like they are every other year again. Could be scary good next year that freshman qb Castle Hatcher has a year under his belt watch out 2a.

Page 10 in the 2013 Somerset Schedule thread

Jumper Pride 1 said, Somerset will return at TON of senior talent this year and should be able to score in bunches. (so far 47 points in 3 games WOW)

Ro Shambo said, This could beo one of the more talented teams in the past 20 years at Somerset.

Ro Shambo said, To be fair, a lot of people saying the Somerset v NCC game was the real state championship. Most Somerset fans fully expected NCC to win after you beat us.

Why do you continue to quote me in this thread? Once they get healthy they'll be fine offensively and should score points in bunches. They'll be on their 3rd string tailback tomorrow night, they've had their lions share of injuries early this season. By district time they'll likely look a lot different.

Aren't you a Mayfield fan mysonic? Is it your personal mission to look at people's previous posts on a message board and throw them around like some type of football guru czar? Find something better to do. The jumpers have won plenty of games the past 4 years (and in their history for that matter), I'm not worried about them and will save judgement til mid district play. They are missing two big pieces of their offense going into tomorrow and have a starting backer down so we'll have to play extremely well everywhere else to get a win, hopefully they do.
Myson you still have failed to produce one quote where any Somerset Fan has said anything negative about Caldwell Co. You continue to quote non Somerset posters thoughts as being those of Somerset fans...you need to get your facts straight.

Trolls have ruined this site...Mods need to clean them up before this site becomes about as classy as Topix.
It's not at all negative towards Caldwell to say that Y'all played ncc for the real state title last year. That was a Somerset fan was it not?
Sorry Jumper Dad but RoShambo asked me to dig. He even offered to let me pick his sign if I found something. I say his sign should be a Tiger for I guess about the rest of the regular season. Guys remember this all started because y'all got upset because I said the bunnies were not living up to the billing. Can you with a straight face say that I am wrong. I didn't say anything harsh, they really aren't living up to the billing yet. We have been there before and it sucks. I don't wish that on anyone. It wash just an honest statement.
Jumper Dad Wrote:Myson you still have failed to produce one quote where any Somerset Fan has said anything negative about Caldwell Co. You continue to quote non Somerset posters thoughts as being those of Somerset fans...you need to get your facts straight.

Trolls have ruined this site...Mods need to clean them up before this site becomes about as classy as Topix.

:lame:
I'm not sure about this troll thing. I thought the idea of this type of site was so we could all come together across the state and discuss football and give our opinions. I don't understand why everyone gets so upset. We all have opinions, you know they are like a certain part of the body.
mysonis55 Wrote:It's not at all negative towards Caldwell to say that Y'all played ncc for the real state title last year. That was a Somerset fan was it not?

Your original point was a bunch of Somerset fans were talking negative about Caldwell County. So far you have posted a bunch of quotes from non-Somerset fans, a quote about last season (where the poster didn't even say it himself, he said a lot of people viewed it that way) and some quotes by Somerset fans saying that they thought their team would be really good this year. You've not backed up your original point at all and now you have tried to change course and said that Somerset has not lived up to the billing of their fans in the preseason. In other words, you didn't have anything to back up your original statement so now you've changed your approach to try to find some way to insult Somerset. If someone only read your posts in Somerset or 2A threads they would think you were the biggest Caldwell County fan an the site. I don't know that Somerset and Caldwell County have ever played and it's been a generation since Somerset and Mayfield have played so your hatred shouldn't have come from something that happened on the field. Just curious did someone from Somerset steal your wife or run over your dog? Which one was it?
My goodness. Without a dog in the fight, i say get over it. I will defend my statements, stand behind them, but after awhile there is a compromise of integrty of the site. A few posts back and forth, no big deal. But this Somerset/Hazard thread has turned into sites of preseason threads and previous game threads. Let us all take a piece of humble pie, a cup of hell with it coffee, and get back to the x's and o's.
JumperPride1 Wrote:Why do you continue to quote me in this thread? Once they get healthy they'll be fine offensively and should score points in bunches. They'll be on their 3rd string tailback tomorrow night, they've had their lions share of injuries early this season. By district time they'll likely look a lot different.

Aren't you a Mayfield fan mysonic? Is it your personal mission to look at people's previous posts on a message board and throw them around like some type of football guru czar? Find something better to do. The jumpers have won plenty of games the past 4 years (and in their history for that matter), I'm not worried about them and will save judgement til mid district play. They are missing two big pieces of their offense going into tomorrow and have a starting backer down so we'll have to play extremely well everywhere else to get a win, hopefully they do.

What's the matter with Jordan?