Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Somerset@ Hazard 9/13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Who you got in this game?? Both teams won there first game.
Bunnies prevail. Should be a very good game between two well coached teams
1a hazard 34 2a somerset 28 show a little kindness to those bulldog :biglmao: :flame: :biglmao:
Finally, the Jumpers play a team closer to their own classification, and they should win. Even on the road.

Somerset - 34

Hazard - 19
Bulldogs got this one !!!
When was the last time hazard beat Somerset??
bac2369 Wrote:When was the last time hazard beat Somerset??

Don't remember any time that they have in recent memory. Only games I can think of them even playing were the last two years and then the 2006 region championship before we went to the six class system. Besides a scrimmage in 2002, I think those are the only 3 times they have played since before Cobb was at Somerset. Maybe JD, Norm, or JP1 could provide some more info on how the series went before then.
RoShamBo Wrote:Don't remember any time that they have in recent memory. Only games I can think of them even playing were the last two years and then the 2006 region championship before we went to the six class system. Besides a scrimmage in 2002, I think those are the only 3 times they have played since before Cobb was at Somerset. Maybe JD, Norm, or JP1 could provide some more info on how the series went before then.

Yes that's all I can remember too and Hazard has yet to beat Somerset but played close except for the 2006 game.
Jumpers won on the carpet at Hazard 2 years ago (first win in the programs history and I think still the only win on a turf field) in just about the ugliest game I've seen. Both teams had dominant D play that night and made each others O's look like they were lost most of the night.

Now to this game...
Jumpers finally won a game but it was MUCH harder than it should have been and it easily could have been a loss. Despite outplaying SW in just about every facet of the game turnovers and inconsistent play almost cost them the game. Huge play by Doan at the end of the half and then Hatcher at the end of the game pulled the Jumpers bacon out of the fire.

D will face a team much more like Pulaski than Belfry or Southwestern this week, Jumpers must be able to stop the run without having to sell out to do it. Hazard will throw the ball more and better than either of the last two opponents, Jumpers D will need to continue to improve.

Two proud programs
Two proud traditions
One great atmosphere
Should be a heck of a game

Homer Pick: Somerset 21 Hazard 17
How has the Somerset O-line been this year?
I think Somerset's offense looks a lot better this week against a Hazard defense that is having some issues.

Somerset 38
Hazard 26
bac2369 Wrote:How has the Somerset O-line been this year?

They're a work in progress, but progress is better than its opposite.
RoShamBo Wrote:Besides a scrimmage in 2002, I think those are the only 3 times they have played since before Cobb was at Somerset. Maybe JD, Norm, or JP1 could provide some more info on how the series went before then.

1935: Somerset 33 Hazard 0
1936: Hazard 7 Somerset 0
1941: Somerset 0 Hazard 0
1942: Played (Score TBA)
1946: Hazard 18 Somerset 14
1947: Somerset 27 Hazard 13
1948: Somerset 44 Hazard 0
1949: Somerset 13 Hazard 0
1950: Somerset 19 Hazard 13
1951: Somerset 20 Hazard 0
1952: Somerset 18 Hazard 6
1953: Somerset 0 Hazard 0
1954: Hazard 20 Somerset 14
1955: Tied (Score TBA)
1956: Somerset Won (Score TBA)
1957: Hazard 32 Somerset 0
1958: Somerset 7 Hazard 6
1959: Somerset 19 Hazard 6
1984: Somerset 67 Hazard 25 (Class AA Playoffs)
2006: Somerset 48 Hazard 21 (Class A Playoffs)
2011: Somerset 14 Hazard 0
2012: Somerset 17 Hazard 9
Hazard
Hazards defense did much better giving up 21 to letcher and not letting them score in the second half which is good.
It's good to see somerset playing teams closer to their class next week, even though that should never be an excuse, somerset had a rough first couple of weeks, i think they get 2 wins in a row with hazard. Hazard had a tough time putting LCC away this week, so i think somerset wins this one by a couple of scores.

Somerset-35
Hazard-21
Hazard will control the line up scrimmage and will win by a TD
I think this Somerset team is much more of a pretender than a contender. I therefore will say the dogs will come out on top in this one.
Hazard will loose this game, I couldn't predict a score and I won't. It's not that somerset has more athletes or a better coaching staff but that this Hazard team has less drive than any team they have ever had in the last 6 years. The underdog attitude that has been busting up bets and dethroning monsters of the game and knocking teams teeth out until they roll over is gone. I have watched them play the last two games and its the beginning of the end for Hazard as a force to be reckoned with on this side of the bracket and it is all team mentality. They spend more time running their mouth then using their pads, i've seen way more cheap-shots from Hazard players also. It's like a flashback to pre-2006. I don't know what Coach Dixon and company have changed about the way they have taught the game to these talented young men, but he is not getting everything out of this group of boys he can. I hope for tradition and city sake that he finds a way to put an end to walking up to the line and all of the flat-individualism that is poisoning a great program. I am a believer though, GO DOGS!
:dudecomeon: mikehancho25 cry on my shoulder :Sad04::Sad04::Sad04: love from Williamsburg :biglmao:
HAHA i already feel better 64!:betterthanexpected:
mikehancho25 Wrote:HAHA i already feel better 64!:betterthanexpected:

You are coming down with yellow jacket fever mikehancho25 :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
I seen a lot of of energy in there scrimmages and the way the started out against Pikeville they can score at will but they need to do that every game and play defense like they did in the 2nd half against letcher.
mysonis55 Wrote:I think this Somerset team is much more of a pretender than a contender. I therefore will say the dogs will come out on top in this one.

Don't think so. Somerset will be fine when the play-offs roll around.
Somerset will be fine when district play comes around.
Cellking Wrote:Don't think so. Somerset will be fine when the play-offs roll around.

I agree 100 percents celling :okay:
Go Jumpers!

Somerset 35
Hazard 20
Somerset seems to have Hazard's number. If they clean up the fumbles I think the Jumpers will put up a lot of points this week. I'm not sold on Somerset's defense so I think Hazard will put up some points as well. I think the Jumpers will get just enough stops to pull out the victory 42-30.
I know people getting hurt is part of the game. This Somerset team has been beat up from day 1 of this season. How many teams can play without their starting Tail Back and play the competition they have played and play as well????? Not Many. This bunch of Jumpers will be fine. Hope they get healthy about the right time, NOW!!!!!
Hazard 36
Somerset 32

Good luck Dawgs!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5