Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 2013
jetpilot Wrote:Your PM box is full!

OK. All clear.
Well the scrimmage went great! Got alot of work done and alot to improve on. Cant wait for pburg!!
Agreed. Chase Hall looked like he is in mid-season form, already! Estep got a TD. Sure, some sloppy play but you'd expect that as everybody got to play. Really impressed with our 2nd string D-line last night. Young, but by mid-season, I could see switching units in and out and not losing a whole lot! Need to tighten up the pass defense some before next Friday night but an impressive showing!
Who did Pikeville scrimmage? Details?
Perry Central. Not sure what the final score was, but PHS got five or six TDs, gave up one. Perry Central is young, they'll get better as the season goes along.
Live Maroon Wrote:Agreed. Chase Hall looked like he is in mid-season form, already! Estep got a TD. Sure, some sloppy play but you'd expect that as everybody got to play. Really impressed with our 2nd string D-line last night. Young, but by mid-season, I could see switching units in and out and not losing a whole lot! Need to tighten up the pass defense some before next Friday night but an impressive showing!

This is great to hear Chase Hall looks that good in a scrimmage game. Imo, Chase will surpass his total amount of tds.from last season. At the end of the season(13 gms.) he had a total of 21 tds., for 1519 yds. with an average of 117 net ypg. If he continues to improve, look for him to surpass his total from last season. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him eclipse 2,000 yds. Good to see some depth being developed along the line, as this was certainly needed.
PCC looked like a 5th/6th grade team
2013 WYMT Pigskin Preview: Pikeville Panthers

Pikeville, Ky. (WYMT) -- The Pikeville Panthers started 2012 with one win in the first six games of the season, making an already-tough offseason even more intense.

A 21-touchdown, 1,500 yard rusher and a quarterback who threw for more than 1,000 yards and 11 touchdowns a season ago return.

"My main goal is to get a state championship,” running back Chase Hall said. ”I don't really have any individual goals."

Despite two playoff wins and a runner-up finish in the region, this season is about getting to the next level.

"We worked so hard this summer,” senior left tackle Gage Morrison said. “We all got up and we weight lifted every day as a team. Since December, we just weight lift, weight lift, weight lift."

The experience returning for the Panthers excites head coach Chris McNamee.

"We've noticed already that we're further ahead at this point than we were last year, but we still have a long way to go,” McNamee, who played at Pikeville High School, said. “It always takes us a little while to get going, but we scheduled a tough schedule to get us ready for where want to be.”

Last year’s 36-14 loss in the regional final versus Fairview gave hope.

"It's the last chance,” senior lineman Larry Kenne said. “This is it. No more. You don't get another chance, so you have to leave it all out on the field."

"I feel like we have a lot of expectations but I feel like we can meet those expectations this year," Hall said.

Pikeville opens the season up against Prestonsburg August 23.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/sports/sportsov...31641.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON