Sep 6, 13Paintsvilleaway7:30 PM
Sep 13, 13Sheldon Clarkhome7:30 PM
Sep 20, 13Belfryaway7:30 PM
Sep 27, 13Middlesborohome7:30 PM
Oct 11, 13South Floydhome7:30 PM
Oct 18, 13Phelps7:30 PM
Oct 25, 13Allen Centralhome7:30 PM
Nov 1, 13Russellaway7:30 PM
Great schedule IMO...Excitement level is pretty high in Pikeville.
Already a thread. May want to combine.

Yes that is one heck of a non district schedule for a 1A school. Kudos to the coach for making it.
Pikeville Panthers will make some bigger noise this season.
Pikeville receives a 6'3" 210 gift from Paintsville. Congrats to you guys, that ended our football program. Enjoy. We lose again.
^ tell us more about this transfer.
PaytoPlay Wrote:^ tell us more about this transfer.

From what I understand, you will know tomorrow
If this is true, I don't think anyone can fault the kid or his family for the decision. I am sure it something they didn't want to do.
Armchair QB Wrote:If this is true, I don't think anyone can fault the kid or his family for the decision. I am sure it something they didn't want to do.

Agreed, his dad has done wonders for him.
Don't think anyone from Pikeville wishes hard times on Paintsville. Pikeville and Paintsville are as old school as it gets around these parts.
jetpilot Wrote:Don't think anyone from Pikeville wishes hard times on Paintsville. Pikeville and Paintsville are as old school as it gets around these parts.

Agree with this Jet Pilot. If Paintsville is weak, or on the decline, it doesn't help Pikeville, or any class A team that's scheduled to play them.
jetpilot Wrote:Don't think anyone from Pikeville wishes hard times on Paintsville. Pikeville and Paintsville are as old school as it gets around these parts.
The rivalry with Paintsville is a big deal to a lot of Pikeville people and it has been going strong on the diamond and hardwood, would like to see it continue to be great on the gridiron.
A Walter Brough (80's-90's) type HC would be good to see at Paintsville once again,imo. Good competition from the Tigers would benefit everyone that played them. There was some huge games between the two "villes" when he was there.
TigerBlues Wrote:Pikeville receives a 6'3" 210 gift from Paintsville. Congrats to you guys, that ended our football program. Enjoy. We lose again.

Rumor is he was on the campus of Pikeville today.
Did he enroll or just visit?
PantherTradition Wrote:Rumor is he was on the campus of Pikeville today.

This would be a huge pickup for the Pikeville in many sports. Is he moving to Pikeville?
TheChief Wrote:This would be a huge pickup for the Pikeville in many sports. Is he moving to Pikeville?

He'd make a heck of a fullback for the panthers.
Have talked to his dad at a football game, haven't talked to the kid. But good luck young man!!
Tiger Fever Wrote:He'd make a heck of a fullback for the panthers.

Prater Helton the Tigers fullback said he was going to visit Pikeville early next week, if he enrolls there you guys will contend for a state title he's a great add on to your program.
Helton denies that he's considering transferring. I'm inclined to believe him. He'll be a senior and it's hard for a family to pick up and move for 1 year of high school sports.
3 sport junkie Wrote:Prater Helton the Tigers fullback said he was going to visit Pikeville early next week, if he enrolls there you guys will contend for a state title he's a great add on to your program.

Pikeville will be competing for state championships the next several years with or without any transfers from Paintsville.
jetpilot Wrote:Pikeville will be competing for state championships the next several years with or without any transfers from Paintsville.

Amen to that. Pikeville has weapons to compete this year at that level, and years to come.
Pikeville will have a great team this year. I was wondering if some people from Pikeville could tell me if Chase Hall and Austin Black are getting in looks at the college level. I have followed them since the bestylayne Layne elementary days. Good Luck this season Panthers.
Dead period has started.
Had a great May and June! Alot if progress was made. Saw alot of new talent rise up and challenge aome the old guys, which was needed bad! Now we wait for July and 7v7
Season is right aound the corner!
Mastadon89 Wrote:Dead period has started.
Had a great May and June! Alot if progress was made. Saw alot of new talent rise up and challenge aome the old guys, which was needed bad! Now we wait for July and 7v7

:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:
Mastadon89 Wrote:Dead period has started.

Anticipation......sure is slow. Looking forward to this season.
Any word if Kash is eligible? Haven't heard a word about it.
Pikeville returns a host of skill players, along with some beef upfront.
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:Pikeville returns a host of skill players, along with some beef upfront.

True. The Panthers have developed some depth along the line, and return a ton of skill players. The post season should be very interesting.
TB, he's practicing with them. I don't know if that means anything, but I thought you had to be eligible to participate in team practices.