Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What about those Cleveland Indians
Jose Ramirez is playing short stop for Akron tonight.
(Posting because he is another player that might be keeping Lindor in Carolina)
Ramirez has shown in the past he can play both and 2nd very well and he has shown signs that he can flat out hit. Back in 2-11 he had the highest batting average in the minor league system. He has 8 errors this season.
Ronny Rodriguez, also a short stop/2nd base has 11. Both playing in Akron.

Lindor has 8 at Carolina.

Sorry if too much minor league talk.
We'll see what happens but I don't believe either of those guys are better than Lindor. I don't think anyone in the system is. Time will tell.

and yes, LWC, and when we win the World Series it'll be all the more sweeter since fewer people to pass the proverbial champagne around to LOL
Ronny Rodriguez has hit current hit streak up to 11 games and his average up to,.254. He is getting more time at 2nd base now, with Jose Ramirez getting the most time at shortstop.
Big win last night for the Indians.
Here's a good futuristic question for you ... with the infield depth Cleveland has in the minors (Lindor, Rodriguez, Paulino) do you think in the future (2015 or so) Kipnis may be an outfielder?
No. I think he plays a good enough 2ndbase, that the brass will not and should not move him.
Trounced again at home in front of another small crowd.
Beat again.

7-4 Evil Empire beat up on Cleveland tonight.
Hoping this is just a slump. Is it just me or did the Tribe play the best baseball without Bourn? Lol. Seems like about the time he returned, they cooled down.
I think it was more who they were playing then.

I say trade Santana, while you can or make him a full time DH or FIRST BASEMAN. He stinks as a catcher.
He was doing better earlier this season, but he has proven time and time again he should not be playing catcher.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:I think it was more who they were playing then.

I say trade Santana, while you can or make him a full time DH or FIRST BASEMAN. He stinks as a catcher.
He was doing better earlier this season, but he has proven time and time again he should not be playing catcher.

Maybe a mixture of both, it's prosperous to think there's no talent. There's talent. Just not winning games. I could see if the starting pitching was the problem.

Absolutely not on trading Carlos, but agreed with 1B or DH. Awful behind the dish and I think has a negative impact on his hitting. Him, Kipnis, and Brantley are the core that should be built around.
I am not sold on Brantley, up to now he's done very little.

I agree with Kipnis.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:I am not sold on Brantley, up to now he's done very little.

I agree with Kipnis.

Why not? He's a career .277 hitter and that number is massively skewed by .246 his 2nd season up. Last year he hit .288 and now he's hitting .298. RBI numbers aren't great but he's fast so getting on base is a big thing. Don't forget he's only 26. IMO, if these guys plus Chisenhall can get to where we've seen them perform (whether it be in college or the minors, we know they can all play) then we'll come a long way. Swisher has to start hitting as well, though.
In my opinion he has not come close to what he was build up to be, when the Tribe made that trade.

He fast, I give you but he does not steal many bases. That tells me he does not read pitchers well.

He seldom comes through with the big/clutch hit and he has little power, with a very average arm, at best.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:In my opinion he has not come close to what he was build up to be, when the Tribe made that trade.

He fast, I give you but he does not steal many bases. That tells me he does not read pitchers well.

He seldom comes through with the big/clutch hit and he has little power, with a very average arm, at best.

But he's young, and not built up to be a power guy. Got to have some guys who just get on and let Kipnis and Santana knock in. He will come along in that aspect. I don't remember him being built up in the trade, and compared to Matt LaPorta and how he's worked out for us Brantley is all-world. My only complaints with Brant are that he can't hit lead off well, and his attitude. Dude is a prick in real life, moreso than Perez. He just doesn't have Twitter for the entire fan base to hate him! Lol.
Hopefully he lives up to his billing but I think what we see is what we get, with him.

I think the Tribe will draft a lot of outfielders in the draft.
Tigers spank the loveable losers on the Lake.
Swisher not earning his money right now at all.
Swisher was so over hyped but then again this was a case of the Indians trying to feed the Tribe fans bologna and telling them it was steak.
Certainly better than Duncan, Cunningham, or Kotchman but just not swinging well at all.
Agreed but I think Duncan could have been decent if he was playing everyday at first.
Loveable losers getting spanked again by the Tigers,6-1.
Carlos Carrasco proving again he was not worth trading for.
6-4 final Tigers win again.
Jesus, I'd rather be watching the damn Browns.
4-14 in the last 18

Free falling
4-15 and losers of seven in a row.

Tigers,4-1 today.
4-16 In their last 20.

Rangers spanked the loveable losers tonight,6-3
I think that Chisenhall should be called up and hit 4th or 5th, He seems to do fine for Columbus at 3rd so maybe a high spot would give him so confidence. I'm thinking the order could be

1 - Bourn (CF)
2 - Brantley (LF)
3 - Kipnis (2B)
4 - Santana (1B)
5 - Chisenhall (3B)
6 - Reynolds (DH)
7 - Swisher (RF)
8 - Gomes ©
9 - Aviles (SS)
FINALLY A WIN.
Kluber was just beautiful on the mound. Dude has been a good get all year. For a 1/2 year of Westbrook I think we got a steal. Every man in the rotation has shown ability, we just need consistency. The faster McAllister returns the better off we will be. I really like Z-Mac.
Three in A row.