Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What about those Cleveland Indians
Yes they are over achieving but as a fan it is fun to watch.
I disagree, man. I think the Tribe could fight the Tigers tough all year long. We knew the Indians had a good lineup, the additions of Bourn, Aviles, Reynolds, Swisher, and Stubbs provided some speed and some power plus some "protection" for Santana. They can't pitch around him anymore. The same goes for Reynolds, they have to pitch to him. Some of those guys may cool off but Asdrubal and Kipnis haven't heated up yet!

The starting rotation, I will agree is overachieving. However, Z-Mac showed in Columbus he could pitch and he's pitching well. Masterson has battled injuries in the past 2 years, but when he gets run support he can be a 15 win guy. Ubaldo has been up and down but he's pitching well. If these guys can keep pitching well, and the offense stays alive then they have a shot down the stretch. The big difference is, it's not a bunch of young guys anymore. They have heart to win those games late when it's tied. I think that had a lot to do with collapsing down the stretch the last two year. I could be wrong, but I think the Tribe is pretty good this year. Overachieving, maybe a little bit, but honestly 15 times better than the 2012 product.
the fighting franconas!
They still play baseball in Cleveland?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I had them winning 74 games.
We here have seen this before get off to a great start and then fall apart, and then trade what good players you have for at least one pitcher with arm trouble history.

I hope they battle all year.
Jarons Wrote:They still play baseball in Cleveland?

Yeah, we've got uniforms and everything it's really great!
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:I had them winning 74 games.
We here have seen this before get off to a great start and then fall apart, and then trade what good players you have for at least one pitcher with arm trouble history.

I hope they battle all year.

Different approach this year, they spent money and committed to bringing guys in. The only guy who may be traded is Asdrubal for an arm, because Aviles is there as another option and Lindor is ripping the minors a new A-hole. The only other guy who could be a candidate for a trade is Perez.

That's true about falling apart, but those have been young teams with not nearly as much talent or as good of a manager. Time will tell. You ever go up to Cleveland and watch any?
I listen to a minor league a night and a lot of times I try and pay attention to Carolina, where Linder is. Even the announcers talk about he is a couple of years a way from Cleveland. The system is loaded with good shortstops.

They spent money and so far things look good. Time will tell.
Lindor should be to Columbus by either seasons end or next seasons beginning.. He's a lot closer to 1-2 years away than he is 3-4 like other guys in the system. Sincerely hoping Chisenhall turns it around in the future. Wolters, Naquin, Lindor, Rodriguez, Paulino, Bauer are all exciting prospects.
According to the guys who do the games, who also talk to the staff they have said he might make it to Akron this season, with very slim chance of getting to Columbus.

Like I said I listen to minor league games almost every day.

Cleveland did not have anything for the Tigers last night.
I keep up with the minors myself, Cleveland has the option to take it slow with Lindor but he can easily go up quickly. He's good enough.

Looks like the collapse may be starting.
It does look like the bottom is falling out.
Dropped four of five and looked bad in doing so.
Speaking of Lindor.
I am again listening to the Carolina game and he has two errors and if not for some kind home score book keeping he would have three.

8 on the year, so far.
Five out of six dropped by the Tribe.
Free falling, dropping 6-7 says so.
Losing to Cueto would have been one thing, but got worked on by a scrub in Leake today. Offense isn't hitting, and the bullpen has cost us two straight. Big problems.
Leake has not been bad this season.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:Leake has not been bad this season.

Just saw his stats and while you are right, if we can't beat Leake how are we supposed to beat Verlander and Scherzer down the stretch?
I only had the Tribe winning 74 this season, so as you can see I was not expecting much.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:I only had the Tribe winning 74 this season, so as you can see I was not expecting much.

The bullpen is not a problem I expected. At all.
The problem is once the bullpen had any kind of injury their was not going to be much in the minors that was ready.

Nobody in Akron or lower is ready , so that leaves only Columbus.

I.M.O. these might be the only ones who could help.

Jerry Gil-He should be given a chance, but the front office does not seem too high on him.

Fernando Nieve- He might help for one, maybe two innings at a time

That's it.

The minor league system is in bad shape.
For relievers yes. No love for Preston Guilmet? The problem is lack of lefties. Cody Allen could be really a good one, but is right handed just like Pestano, Smith, and Perez.
Preston Guilmet will be good in a couple of years. He is to inconsistent right now, and his ERA is way to high for a closer.

8-2 loss tonight
7-8 dropped.
I like Guilmet a lot. He has been pretty good at every level. This is a spiraling.
I have followed him up the ladder.

Below average fastball, which is not good for a closer.

Listening a few nights ago, when he struggled they were saying he needs to learn to hit is spots more, being the fastball is considered below average.

I think in time he will be the Indians closer, or least earn a shot at it.
Him, Allen, and Pestano may be the Smith, Pestano, Perez of the future. I wish I could make it out to more Indians minor league games. I really wanna see Bauer in person. I really like him. I think when he grows up some he'll be a great ball player. Though, I have to admit, his new "Wahoos on First" rap is AWESOME.
Bauer, got whacked again today and showed no improvement with his control.

Clipper got rocked.

[/url]
Shawn Morimando, for Carolina ran his scoreless streak to 13 innings, by going six shutout innings tonight.

[url=http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?pos=SS&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=596019]

Francisco Linder, Carolina has two-hits and one RBI so far tonight he has raised his average up to,.319.
Bauer has got to control the fastball. He can be the ace in the future if he gets some control. I think Bauer is a guy who worries way too much about the littlest things and probably over emphasizes mechanics. The Clippers aren't as loaded as they have been in years past. What do you think about Lindor? AA soon?

Maybe the Tribe isn't dead yet, two good performances at home. Salvage a good series with the Rays and maybe those 6 of 7 don't hurt so bad. .5 game out!
I do not see them moving him up until maybe next month, but then again as bad as
Ronny Rodriguez is playing he might get the call sooner.

The next nine games will tell us a lot about the Tribe.
Wow! There are Indians fans on this board! Woo Hoo! Good to know there are three of us.