Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hate TUBBY SMITH
BelfryJustice Wrote:This needs to be posted in the other thread. Please stay on topic!

quit throwin your weight around Belfry Justice...
corndog23 Wrote:quit throwin your weight around Belfry Justice...

What is your problem! If you have something nasty to say to me please do it in private. You are a very poor role model with your comment.
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
[QUOTE=LUMBERJACK'06]he is awful.....i anyone of us could have taken that team he won the title and done the same, i think we need to make a chnage before its too late and nooe has any intrest in playing for us[/
I would like ot see you try to coach any team lol I think Tubby is awesome. I am glad all you people have no say so what so ever in all this. Knowing that makes me sleep a little better. Go Tubby! You rock:notworthy
all you people that defend tubby smith need to look at the records we get progressively worse every year he ruins mcdonalds all americans when we can get them plus its kind of boreing to watch anymore but i'll watch anyway...
If Im not mistaken last year he had the best record among division 1 coaches since he arrived at Uk and kentucky plays a great schedule.Im not crazy about his recruiting or his style but he so much better than most thing its not even funny to me.Rick Pitino has not done any better at Lovisville and thats who most fans want.The biggest traitor in the history of college basketball at Kentucky.Think adolf Rupp would have defected to the enemy?Pitino,s greatest coaching has came and gone and he did it at Kentucky.
His time is up he has been at Kentucky to long we need to get a new coach that can recruit, the coach i had end mind that we need is Florida' s coach Billy Dovan
billy donovan isnt leaving florida any time soon and i think tubby can coach good he just needs to work on his recruiting a little more
Old school Dawg Wrote:If Im not mistaken last year he had the best record among division 1 coaches since he arrived at Uk and kentucky plays a great schedule.Im not crazy about his recruiting or his style but he so much better than most thing its not even funny to me.Rick Pitino has not done any better at Lovisville and thats who most fans want.The biggest traitor in the history of college basketball at Kentucky.Think adolf Rupp would have defected to the enemy?Pitino,s greatest coaching has came and gone and he did it at Kentucky.

explain to me why he is a traitor? I would have done the same thing if i were him.
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
I think that Tubby time is up he has been at Kentucky to long, i think that Kentucky should go out and trie to hire a new coach.
but if they don't look real hard then they could get in the same position as the football team, and get a coach who is even worse than the one's before him..
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
Bring in Gonzagas coach!!!!!!!!
Mark Few isn't coming to UK anytime soon..Tubby's our man
I agree completely with that fact that UK can't recruit anymore. I don't know how true this is but I heard last spring that Kentuckys #1 recruit was ranked like 124th in the nation or something. If thats true then thats just sad. I don't see how it can be true..but who knows. With Rick at Louisville any bigtime recruit would go there before Kentucky just for the style of play. The bigtime recruits are really only in college to try to get to the NBA. Patino's style of play will get them noticed before Kentucky's. Thats just how it is. Now if UK was in the final four or really competing for the championship every year that would be different. But they're not and they wont be soon because we just can't get anyone to play. I do recall that game that Rondo held the ball at the end and didn't even get a shot off...that was pitiful. But what I wonder is that game I guess two years ago now when UK got put out by Michigan St. Sparks hit the shot to get us double overtime. I remember one trip to the free throw line and the ensuing mayhem that Michigan St. got about 5 or 6 offensive rebounds inna row and finally hit a three that just killed UK. We got outrebounded bad the whole game. I know we have one player 7'2 and one 7'3 sittin on the bench the whole time. I understand they may not be good scorers but hell who on Kentucky was? At least they coulda gotta rebound. Why where they sitting the whole game?
SomersetJumpers_7 Wrote:Hands down Tubby is a great coach. Just look at all the wins he has recorded at UK and SEC Titles he has won. Sure we havent won a NCAA Title since 1998 but then again UK won the championship in 1958 and then a drought for 20 years until 1978 then another drought for 18 years until 1996 and I don't think anybody was posting they hate Adolph Rupp, Joe B. Hall, and Eddie Sutton on the internet. So for all you Tubby haters, quit your complaining and go to Louisville or dUKe, or you can just shut up and stay loyal to the Big Blue regardless of who the coach is!!!!!

I agree 100% Tubby is a good coach he has a great record with Kentucky no won can win the championship every year because they are so many good teams out there.
one word...SUX!!!!
Coach Wrote:I agree completely with that fact that UK can't recruit anymore. I don't know how true this is but I heard last spring that Kentuckys #1 recruit was ranked like 124th in the nation or something. If thats true then thats just sad. I don't see how it can be true..but who knows. With Rick at Louisville any bigtime recruit would go there before Kentucky just for the style of play. The bigtime recruits are really only in college to try to get to the NBA. Patino's style of play will get them noticed before Kentucky's. Thats just how it is. Now if UK was in the final four or really competing for the championship every year that would be different. But they're not and they wont be soon because we just can't get anyone to play. I do recall that game that Rondo held the ball at the end and didn't even get a shot off...that was pitiful. But what I wonder is that game I guess two years ago now when UK got put out by Michigan St. Sparks hit the shot to get us double overtime. I remember one trip to the free throw line and the ensuing mayhem that Michigan St. got about 5 or 6 offensive rebounds inna row and finally hit a three that just killed UK. We got outrebounded bad the whole game. I know we have one player 7'2 and one 7'3 sittin on the bench the whole time. I understand they may not be good scorers but hell who on Kentucky was? At least they coulda gotta rebound. Why where they sitting the whole game?

I want to start by saying, that wherever you heard your 124th stuff is wrong. UK despite having a poor recruiting year, still finished with the 16th ranked class by Rivals.com. So don't post things you dont have any clue about.

If Pitino is so good at recruiting, then why have Tubby's lackluster recruits beat him two years in a row?

As for why the two 7 footers were sitting the whole game; Well if you knew much about Michigan State, you'd know they are a run and gun team, and get down the floor about faster than any team in the nation. Tell me how our 7 footers are supposed to keep pace with that style of play? The game would have been over way sooner if Shag or Orbzut got big playing time in that one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
all-star Wrote:one word...SUX!!!!

Amazing insight. Keep up the great editorial work.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:I want to start by saying, that wherever you heard your 124th stuff is wrong. UK despite having a poor recruiting year, still finished with the 16th ranked class by Rivals.com. So don't post things you dont have any clue about.

If Pitino is so good at recruiting, then why have Tubby's lackluster recruits beat him two years in a row?

As for why the two 7 footers were sitting the whole game; Well if you knew much about Michigan State, you'd know they are a run and gun team, and get down the floor about faster than any team in the nation. Tell me how our 7 footers are supposed to keep pace with that style of play? The game would have been over way sooner if Shag or Orbzut got big playing time in that one.

:Thumbs:
windmill Wrote:tuby..he did win a national championship..with Patinos team..after that year Kentucky hasnt had much if any success in the NCAA Tourney..he cant recruit, he cant coach, i dont know why UK would hire him. If they plan on going to the finals and getting another title a new coach will be the key. He jus cant coach and i really cant stand him

He can't recruit? You're joking right?
Tubby will be the coach for a very long time,so you tubby haters need to find a new team. I cant think of any coach out there is any better than Tubby. He's had winning seasons every season. Of course we all want to win a chamionship every year,but thats not going to happen.All teams are pretty well even any team has a chance to win it now.Look Florida won it all & they was a long shot being the best team in the country. They was just playing the best ball at that time.Truely Uconn was the best team but choked.
crazytaxidriver Wrote:explain to me why he is a traitor? I would have done the same thing if i were him.
Then your a traitor like he is.
Quite simply, he can't seem to get the right players, and when he does they don't have the right chemistry. Just look at the NCAA success we have had since he won his first year with Pitino's players. Ha!

We need a new coach so long as that bunch down there hires a better one. Don't forget that they could go out and get a coach that is worse than Tubby!!
EKY Sportster Wrote:Quite simply, he can't seem to get the right players, and when he does they don't have the right chemistry. Just look at the NCAA success we have had since he won his first year with Pitino's players. Ha!

We need a new coach so long as that bunch down there hires a better one. Don't forget that they could go out and get a coach that is worse than Tubby!!

Is that possible?
I don't understand why people don't like Tubby...87 wins in a three year span..I would love for someone to show me a list of coaches that have accomplished something close to that and see everyone talk garbage about them...he's a great coach, a great leader and a strong influence on his boys...he's won a nat'l championship (I know Tubby haters would say "Patino's team" but I dont recall Rick receiving a ring for that '98 squad)...he wins SEC championships season and tournament but even though he's seen so much in sucess the Tubby haters are multiplying...how many championships have Duke won since 98...one right??? I dont here people in NC crying about firing coach K...same way w/ Calhoun, Izzo and all the other legendary coaches...Some UK fans are so spoiled by our rich history that they will not accept anything other than a nat'l championship...there are no longer dynasties in this game teams are too even to say that one squad will even win back to back...so just lay off Tubby he's a great coach and I actually feel sorry for the position he's in...he can't win for losing w/ some of these "true blue" fans...which is quite debatable b/c I dont think you're true blue if you give OUR coach this much hell
TennisCAT23 Wrote:I don't understand why people don't like Tubby...87 wins in a three year span..I would love for someone to show me a list of coaches that have accomplished something close to that and see everyone talk garbage about them...he's a great coach, a great leader and a strong influence on his boys...he's won a nat'l championship (I know Tubby haters would say "Patino's team" but I dont recall Rick receiving a ring for that '98 squad)...he wins SEC championships season and tournament but even though he's seen so much in sucess the Tubby haters are multiplying...how many championships have Duke won since 98...one right??? I dont here people in NC crying about firing coach K...same way w/ Calhoun, Izzo and all the other legendary coaches...Some UK fans are so spoiled by our rich history that they will not accept anything other than a nat'l championship...there are no longer dynasties in this game teams are too even to say that one squad will even win back to back...so just lay off Tubby he's a great coach and I actually feel sorry for the position he's in...he can't win for losing w/ some of these "true blue" fans...which is quite debatable b/c I dont think you're true blue if you give OUR coach this much hell

:notworthy:Clap::thumpsup: Exactly my opinion. You hit it right on the dot. They should all just go to god forbid Louisville or god forbid dUKe.