Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: I hate TUBBY SMITH
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Use this thread to tell everyone how you hate him. If your post violates any rule it will be removed otherwise fell free to go for the kill.:ChairHit:
i dont like him. he lost us a possible chance to the finals a couple of years ago. sparks was stripping 3 pointers the whole game . he was even the one who kept us in double over time, but tubby always sat him right back down. honestly i dont think he's a good coach, but thats just me...
Can't stand him....
FreakNasty Wrote:Can't stand him....
Makes two of us....
Last year or the year before, Rondo or someone held the ball for a last shot and ended up waiting too long. They didn't get the shot off, and lost in OT. Tubby sat there, didn't say a word, and let him hold the ball that long. People on that other site said it was the player's fault, but Tubby should have at least been yelling or something, and a play should have been set-up.
he can't recruit with the big dawgs anymore.
Love em or hate em.. If Kentucky only goes to the NCAA tourney and are one and done he is gone.

I don't hate him or love him. But I do think it's time for a change.. Bring in a yound whipper snapper with tons of enthusiasm and energy.. Press, Press and press some more is the style I miss watching.
I'll add to this list!
i don't hate the guy personally,i just don't like what he has done with the place.. UK is no longer a worrisome opponent.. well not to the extent they used to be.. it's pretty bad that we have to sit back and cross our fingers that they will play good enough to get out of the first round of the tournament
tubby ball = slow and boring just ask any top 10 prospect
He Sucks
torQQue Wrote:Love em or hate em.. If Kentucky only goes to the NCAA tourney and are one and done he is gone.

I don't hate him or love him. But I do think it's time for a change.. Bring in a yound whipper snapper with tons of enthusiasm and energy.. Press, Press and press some more is the style I miss watching.

I have to agree and must admit that I miss that press. :notworthy
tuby..he did win a national championship..with Patinos team..after that year Kentucky hasnt had much if any success in the NCAA Tourney..he cant recruit, he cant coach, i dont know why UK would hire him. If they plan on going to the finals and getting another title a new coach will be the key. He jus cant coach and i really cant stand him
windmill Wrote:.after that year Kentucky hasnt had much if any success in the NCAA Tourney..

Yeah two Elite Eights, one in which UK would have won if not for Bogans being injured and another one UK was a foul call away from winning. No success at all
Well guess what..Bogans was hurt and guess what else..There was a foul called!
He isn't no coach,he just stands over there next to the bench to ACT like he is coaching, when he anen't doing a damn thing, he should be removed from UK and they need to find another coach...:devilflam
NYY10 Wrote:He isn't no coach,he just stands over there next to the bench to ACT like he is coaching, when he anen't doing a damn thing, he should be removed from UK and they need to find another coach...:devilflam

I'm glad you must have never been to a UK game, because he seldom just stands there
No you are right..he stands up and watches Western Ky beat them along with the other smaller programs who DREAM or must I say used to dream of being and having the nice things at UK!
Must I add ...that little "MEAN" look he gets when his team is LIKE USUAL, getting beat, is HILARIOUS. If I was a player, I would have to laugh!
yeah the stare isn't quite as horrifying as it's meant to be.. you see that and you might think welp there's a few more laps in practice..
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:If I was a player, I would have to laugh!

That's all I needed to know about you. Enough said with this quote.
I think Tubby is a good coach. His big problem, though, is he and his staff cannot recruit.
He's proven to me that he can coach. He took a group of players in 2003 and again in 2004 that I didn't think would accomplish very much at all, and won the SEC, and if not for a sprained ankle on Bogens, may have won the national championship in 2003. I was pleasantly surprised that he got what he did out of those teams.
If he has the players, even marginal players like Erick Daniels and Marqiis Estill, he can coach. Right now the Cats simply aren't bringing in the talent, or the talent that they are bringing in is slightly overrated coming out of high school (Morris and Crawford aren't true McDonald AA's).
I place a lot of the blame on his assistants. They're not getting the job done on the recruiting front. He needs to overhaul his entire staff and start all over.
All I know is something must be done. Don't know what it is, but it must be something.
never met him so I can't hate him.
I must say I have only seen like two or three games there and the one game I did see Tubby just didnt stand there, matter of fack he got so mad the he hit the scorers table with his hand and papers went fling everywhere. I hate his coaching, he is a good D coac that doesnt press enough for me.
alfus21 Wrote:I'm glad you must have never been to a UK game, because he seldom just stands there

No i dont go to UK games because i dont like them as much and just dont wanna see ole tubby
I will not say that I hate him, but I don't care much for his style. Most of that has to due with the fact I don't like his defense system.

Confusedtrom:
he is awful.....i anyone of us could have taken that team he won the title and done the same, i think we need to make a chnage before its too late and nooe has any intrest in playing for us
Hands down Tubby is a great coach. Just look at all the wins he has recorded at UK and SEC Titles he has won. Sure we havent won a NCAA Title since 1998 but then again UK won the championship in 1958 and then a drought for 20 years until 1978 then another drought for 18 years until 1996 and I don't think anybody was posting they hate Adolph Rupp, Joe B. Hall, and Eddie Sutton on the internet. So for all you Tubby haters, quit your complaining and go to Louisville or dUKe, or you can just shut up and stay loyal to the Big Blue regardless of who the coach is!!!!!
SomersetJumpers_7 Wrote:Hands down Tubby is a great coach. Just look at all the wins he has recorded at UK and SEC Titles he has won. Sure we havent won a NCAA Title since 1998 but then again UK won the championship in 1958 and then a drought for 20 years until 1978 then another drought for 18 years until 1996 and I don't think anybody was posting they hate Adolph Rupp, Joe B. Hall, and Eddie Sutton on the internet. So for all you Tubby haters, quit your complaining and go to Louisville or dUKe, or you can just shut up and stay loyal to the Big Blue regardless of who the coach is!!!!!

This needs to be posted in the other thread. Please stay on topic!
Pages: 1 2