Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kyle Wiltjer to remain at Kentucky?
CraftCreeker Wrote:What was last years players, and the year before then? Almost perfection? I'm sorry but these kids he recruited this year just wouldn't listen and had no desire to be the best, they have what it takes to be champions but they gotta first learn how to be champions.

Exactly. He was wrong on the character of the kids he thought he recruiting. He can't control their character though!
With the recent news that Calipari has offered a scholarship to Dominique Hawkins, I'm unsure where that stands with Hood & Polson. It is rumored that Hood has forfeited his scholarship for the good of the team. I'd imagine Polson may do the same, Calipari could pull it at anytime he pleases anyways. So with that being said if the those guys stay off scholarship along with the other three but stay that could mean this team could have anywhere from 13-18 kids. I know there is a rule about players traveling however I'm unsure of the exact number but I do know you can have up to 20 on the team counting 7 walk-ons. We all know Nerlens is gone, I'd imagine one or two more leaving is a given. From all indications WCS may also be leaving. I could see Harrow or Poythress transferring. As well as possibly, Poythress and/or Goodwin entering the draft. I'm unsure what the roster will look like but in Cal we trust. I'd imagine the picture may be much more clear tomorrow with Hawkins & maybe real soon with Wiggins after Cal visited Huntington Prep today. :1:
If wcs Goodwin and poythress leave along with harrow. Why would hood forfeit his scholarship?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:If wcs Goodwin and poythress leave along with harrow. Why would hood forfeit his scholarship?

He wouldn't have to. Andy Katz tweeted last week that Hood had volunteered to forfeit his scholarship if Cal were to need it. Of the four you mentioned, not all will leave IMHO. However, if only one leaves & Wiltjer stays we could have up to 18 & Hood along with Polson's scholarships would be needed for scholarship 13 players. That's of course with Wiggins & Hawkins on board.
1) Andrew Harrison
2) Aaron Harrison
3) Julius Randle
4) Dakari Johnson
5) James Young
6) Marcus Lee
7) Derek Willis
8) Dominique Hawkins
9) Andrew Wiggins
10) Willie Cauley-Stein
11) Alex Poythrees
12) Kyle Wiltjer
13) John Hood

Jarrod Polson walking on along with the other 3 or so walkons. Jarrod has already said he'd go back to walk on status for next year. Him and Hood both can graduate after this summer too.

Mix1...
^
If they can both graduate after this summer, which is part of last years scholarship, than they wont even need one.
The Blue Blur Wrote:With the recent news that Calipari has offered a scholarship to Dominique Hawkins, I'm unsure where that stands with Hood & Polson. It is rumored that Hood has forfeited his scholarship for the good of the team. I'd imagine Polson may do the same, Calipari could pull it at anytime he pleases anyways. So with that being said if the those guys stay off scholarship along with the other three but stay that could mean this team could have anywhere from 13-18 kids. I know there is a rule about players traveling however I'm unsure of the exact number but I do know you can have up to 20 on the team counting 7 walk-ons. We all know Nerlens is gone, I'd imagine one or two more leaving is a given. From all indications WCS may also be leaving. I could see Harrow or Poythress transferring. As well as possibly, Poythress and/or Goodwin entering the draft. I'm unsure what the roster will look like but in Cal we trust. I'd imagine the picture may be much more clear tomorrow with Hawkins & maybe real soon with Wiggins after Cal visited Huntington Prep today. :1:

This is a good move by Cal, recruiting a KY kid who more than likely will stay all four years and give them much needed leadership.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
If they can both graduate after this summer, which is part of last years scholarship, than they wont even need one.

Why wouldn't they???

judgementday Wrote:This is a good move by Cal, recruiting a KY kid who more than likely will stay all four years and give them much needed leadership.

Hawkins still sitting at Madison Central with no news from Cal. The only news was from a Louisville AAU team's twitter & a former teammate of Hawkins at Madison Central. Feldhaus & Hawkins have all expected news today, but nothing as of yet. The Madison Central board office even dressed in UK apparel will be a sad day if nothing is said or done today. Hawkins is expected to officially accept the Mr. Basketball award tonight & then head out for spring break. May be another week if nothing is done today, or Hawkins may just go an entire different direction.
The Blue Blur Wrote:Why wouldn't they???

Hawkins still sitting at Madison Central with no news from Cal. The only news was from a Louisville AAU team's twitter & a former teammate of Hawkins at Madison Central. Feldhaus & Hawkins have all expected news today, but nothing as of yet. The Madison Central board office even dressed in UK apparel will be a sad day if nothing is said or done today. Hawkins is expected to officially accept the Mr. Basketball award tonight & then head out for spring break. May be another week if nothing is done today, or Hawkins may just go an entire different direction.

Because they'll be done with school. I know they still have to be enrolled in some fashion, i cant really remember how many hours or whatever, but they dont need a scholarship if theyve already graduated.
Heard will be after spring break before Hawkins goes public. With Ryan, Archie and now Alex leaving, he'll definitely get his scholarship. Think he was waiting to see who leaves.

Mix1...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Because they'll be done with school. I know they still have to be enrolled in some fashion, i cant really remember how many hours or whatever, but they dont need a scholarship if theyve already graduated.

I know that, Matt Leinart took ballroom dancing his senior season at USC but neither have futures in the NBA, like Leinart did at the time. I'd imagine they'd actually try in graduate school.

Mix1 Wrote:Heard will be after spring break before Hawkins goes public. With Ryan, Archie and now Alex leaving, he'll definitely get his scholarship. Think he was waiting to see who leaves.

Mix1...

Breaking news?? Links?? Info?? I've yet to hear anything concrete on Alex.
The Blue Blur Wrote:I know that, Matt Leinart took ballroom dancing his senior season at USC but neither have futures in the NBA, like Leinart did at the time. I'd imagine they'd actually try in graduate school.

Breaking news?? Links?? Info?? I've yet to hear anything concrete on Alex.

Coming from inside UK. News n links will be tomorrow. Just giving everyone a heads up on the news before anyone else reports it.

Mix1...
Mix1 Wrote:Coming from inside UK. News n links will be tomorrow. Just giving everyone a heads up on the news before anyone else reports it.

Mix1...

Damn. You kin to Dewayne Peevy or somebody?
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Damn. You kin to Dewayne Peevy or somebody?

No but I know him and Kenny Payne.

Mix1...