Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kyle Wiltjer to remain at Kentucky?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Many rumors have been swirling that Kentucky sophomore forward Kyle Wiltjer was thinking about transferring to Gonzaga.

University of Kentucky student Kelly Deuser heard Wiltjer say himself that he wasn’t going anywhere.

Quote:
Quote:Kelly Deuser @Deuz

Just personally heard Kyle Wiltjer say the transfer rumors were false and he's staying for sure #BBN.
12:04 AM - 26 Mar 13

Quote:Kelly Deuser @Deuz

I'm in a class with Kyle Wiltjer and instructor asked him after class. That's when he said it.
12:49 AM - 26 Mar 13

I know Kelly and if he heard it then I believe him.

Maybe you can put Kyle Wiltjer back on your 2013-14 Kentucky Fantasy Roster.

http://www.nationofblue.com/uk-student-t...s-staying/
I know a lot of you guys think he is to slow to help but I really believe we need his shot to free up the inside.
They don't think he is slow.
I think he should stay at UK but Polson and Hood should leave!
ekff Wrote:I think he should stay at UK but Polson and Hood should leave!

Why?

Mix1...
ekff Wrote:I think he should stay at UK but Polson and Hood should leave!

Smh
^ why?

Always room for a shooter!
ekff Wrote:^ why?

Always room for a shooter!

Polson will be a walk on senior,on scholly but was recruited as walk on which can go back as if needed "for your shooter" and Hood will be a senior. You don't ask seniors to leave, from Ky at that. Both do graduate this summer and can go anywhere they choose n play immediately if they want to. Only other player we may be getting is Wiggins Wink,,, so unless "they" want to leave,, they will get another ring next year.... Man, you must hate Ky kids...

Mix1...
I dont care what players off this years team stays or goes, none of them will be playing.
this story can't be true as it would insinuate that the players actually go to class.....lol.....just kidding
judgementday Wrote:this story can't be true as it would insinuate that the players actually go to class.....lol.....just kidding

Don't get Stardust started! :Clap:
Mix1 Wrote:Polson will be a walk on senior,on scholly but was recruited as walk on which can go back as if needed "for your shooter" and Hood will be a senior. You don't ask seniors to leave, from Ky at that. Both do graduate this summer and can go anywhere they choose n play immediately if they want to. Only other player we may be getting is Wiggins Wink,,, so unless "they" want to leave,, they will get another ring next year.... Man, you must hate Ky kids...

Mix1...

I don't hate UK kids, I'm mad because Hickey ain't on the team... I'm the one who says Hawkins would play over Hood and Polson... My only problem is will there be room for Hood and/or Polson. (with Wiggins and Hawkins)
ekff Wrote:I don't hate UK kids, I'm mad because Hickey ain't on the team... I'm the one who says Hawkins would play over Hood and Polson... My only problem is will there be room for Hood and/or Polson. (with Wiggins and Hawkins)

Hawkins would play over Polson and Hood. But you don't have to get rid of them. Both would surely accept a walk-on role. Their experience would potentially be of great help next season.
Polson and Hood will help on the practice court if nothing else.
Polson will play at UK next season.....
I know Polson is a good Kentucky guy, and he earned his scholarship. I just don't see him forfeiting his scholarship to remain on the team. it'd be different if he currently was a walk on, unless Cal could help him find some academic money
toussaints Wrote:I know Polson is a good Kentucky guy, and he earned his scholarship. I just don't see him forfeiting his scholarship to remain on the team. it'd be different if he currently was a walk on, unless Cal could help him find some academic money

When it comes to sports, "academic money" is easily found...
toussaints Wrote:I know Polson is a good Kentucky guy, and he earned his scholarship. I just don't see him forfeiting his scholarship to remain on the team. it'd be different if he currently was a walk on, unless Cal could help him find some academic money

Didn't Polson start as a walk on to begin with?
Next years UK team is loaded down..
While I agree there will be very limited time for these guys to play next season..
At least let em' win another ring by keeping the towels warm.

I was actually pretty impressed with Polson this season.
But of course we just lost to Robert Morrison so that's not saying much.
Polson already said he'd give up his scholly if I'm not mistaking.
^ You are not Mistaken either
ekff Wrote:I don't hate UK kids, I'm mad because Hickey ain't on the team... I'm the one who says Hawkins would play over Hood and Polson... My only problem is will there be room for Hood and/or Polson. (with Wiggins and Hawkins)

One thing with scholarships, is they will always work out. And unless Hawkins wants to walk on and get a scholly like Polson, he'll not be at UK. But that's the option up as of now.

Mix1...

It's not his choice really to forfeit it. He was recruited as a walk on. Was awarded one as year to year basically. Technically all scholarships are year to year. His scholly was awarded with his knowledge, that it was to be given back in need of someone else using it. Him being an instate kid, and as Downtown10 said, money is easy to find.

Mix1...
Wiltjer will get 8-10 minutes a game. Polson regulated to mop-up time with those other poor fellas at the end of the bench. Hood and Harrow thrown under the bus.
I find it funny that Wiltjer made key contributions to last season's NCAA championship run, but his critics think that after another full season and two off seasons of Calipari's coaching wizardry, he has nothing to offer to next season's team. Whose fault would that be? :biglmao:
^
I never wanted Wiltjer in the first place.
I can show you hundreds of post from day one where ive bashed this kid.

Hes the softest player ive ever seen, seriously!
He has no place here. Huge miss by Cal on that one. I would be fine seeing Wiltjer leave. I dont want him.
Scholarships are on a year to year basis only.
The person who chooses to renew or make you a walk on is none other than Coach Cal himself.
Kyle needs to stay, we will need some extra shooters from 3 nxt yr...........also who as made it offical they will be back next yr,i know they all said it or is it to early?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I find it funny that Wiltjer made key contributions to last season's NCAA championship run, but his critics think that after another full season and two off seasons of Calipari's coaching wizardry, he has nothing to offer to next season's team. Whose fault would that be? :biglmao:

He came in and made a 3 a game in the toruney. Considering we won every game by more than 3. I dont count that a key contribution.

BUT! I think kyle can be a good 4 year player. Gym gym gym. Look what CAL did for Josh harrelson. Without CAL josh never makes an NBA roster.
Pages: 1 2 3