Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robert Morris 59 - Kentucky 57
Stardust Wrote:So, if the company that you work for under-performs, who is held responsible????

[Image: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/image...217ftOXZnw]

Usually management and like they say shit rolls down hill!!!
Love how everyone jumps on the chance to bash cal. It's funny. It happens . And next year we will be in the final four. Everyone chill. This team didnt have the will or want to win. No Patterson or jones type of player. That's not something u learn
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Do calipari not take a Memphis team to the national title? Can u name one more player on that team then Derek rose without googling it?

Yes, Douglas-Roberst, another All American and Joey Dorsey
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Love how everyone jumps on the chance to bash cal. It's funny. It happens . And next year we will be in the final four. Everyone chill. This team didnt have the will or want to win. No Patterson or jones type of player. That's not something u learn

That's something that can be taught!!! Besides - WHO'S fault is it that this team has ZERO upper classmen???
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Tell me was brad Stevens team full of freshmen. Also how many championships does brad Stevens have.
Tell me, whose fault is it that Calipari relies on unproven freshmen to compete? He made his bed and what he has proven is that he needs mucho talent to win. There are a lot of coaches who can take the top talent in the country and win games. If you were Randle's parents, would you want your son playing at UK after watching the wonders that Coach Cal has worked with these freshmen? I sure wouldn't. Maybe they missed tonight's game. We can only hope so. I didn't expect Kentucky to win the NIT but I did not expect them to lose to the bottom seed in the tournament.
panther nation Wrote:Usually management and like they say shit rolls down hill!!!

Bad Management, Bad employees. Right?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Tell me, whose fault is it that Calipari relies on unproven freshmen to compete? He made his bed and what he has proven is that he needs mucho talent to win. There are a lot of coaches who can take the top talent in the country and win games. If you were Randle's parents, would you want your son playing at UK after watching the wonders that Coach Cal has worked with these freshmen? I sure wouldn't. Maybe they missed tonight's game. We can only hope so. I didn't expect Kentucky to win the NIT but I did not expect them to lose to the bottom seed in the tournament.

Amen brother!
Lol brad Stevens have zero championships. Coach cal has 1. Point proven.
Stardust Wrote:So, if the company that you work for under-performs, who is held responsible????

[Image: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/image...217ftOXZnw]
It would be Bush's fault. Confusednicker:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Tell me, whose fault is it that Calipari relies on unproven freshmen to compete? He made his bed and what he has proven is that he needs mucho talent to win. There are a lot of coaches who can take the top talent in the country and win games. If you were Randle's parents, would you want your son playing at UK after watching the wonders that Coach Cal has worked with these freshmen? I sure wouldn't. Maybe they missed tonight's game. We can only hope so. I didn't expect Kentucky to win the NIT but I did not expect them to lose to the bottom seed in the tournament.

After an elite 8. Final four. And a championship. He'll yes I would.
Yes , the players and Cal both deserve equal blame. It's the good , solid players that will tay 4 years that would be great senior leaders that Cal will never get. Polson, Hood , etc. are good kids , just not big time D1ers. It's the Pattersons and Millers that Cal will never get. No reason for guys like that yo go to Ky. And there's no way Ky. wins last year without Miller's leadership and willingness to sacrifice himself.
Bash bash bash. Love u guys.

He got number 8!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:After an elite 8. Final four. And a championship. He'll yes I would.

Thank god he had talent that didn't need to be coached. Ask Memphis what happens when you need coaching. Are you so blind that this team did not call a timeout once they crossed half court to call a play.

It was horrible coaching to either not call that timeout, or to have actually drawn up the garbage play that they ran! Bottom-line, this team had not chance in the last 8 seconds because they had no direction!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Bash bash bash. Love u guys.

He got number 8!

Anthony Davis did. Robert Morris would have if they had Davis!
This thread is so active with back and forth arguing wouldn't it be easier just to go to a chatroom? lol

Go to "xat.com/BGR" if you want to. I'll be there lol
[Image:

]
Glad this season is over, very tough group of guys to watch. Not hustle,no desire, no team concept. I have never been a big Cal fan, but I do not think anybody could coach this group. When you have to bring Polson off the bench because he is the only one with heart and hustle, and only one who can begin to run an offense,you know you are in trouble. I love Polson, but at UK he should only get in games that are blowouts. It is going to be fun to see what happens to the roster between tomorrow and the start of next year. The only thing keeping Cats fans heads up is the huge expectations for next year. I can't be to upset; won it all last year, tanked it this year, hopefully back among the top next year. Can't win them all.
I don't understand how you can hold Cal responsible for the kids. He said it himself, they are uncoachable. When they are uncoachable, it doesn't matter if Adolph Rupp walked through that door, they wouldn't do it. You have to realize you're dealing with 17 and 18 year old kids. Not adults, kids. Cal has proven himself, he's won a championship. The realm of motivation and education of a growing mind is one that has to come within the child. You, Santa Clause, Calipari, Krzyzdfgsgewski, Hitler, Rupp, the Mailman, Me, Patrick Lewis, John Stewart, or the Easter Bunny couldn't motivate someone if they didn't want to do it.
M'boroYellowJacket Wrote:This thread is so active with back and forth arguing wouldn't it be easier just to go to a chatroom? lol

Go to "xat.com/BGR" if you want to. I'll be there lol

No, I NEED the post count :biglmao:
sstack Wrote:Glad this season is over, very tough group of guys to watch. Not hustle,no desire, no team concept. I have never been a big Cal fan, but I do not think anybody could coach this group. When you have to bring Polson off the bench because he is the only one with heart and hustle, and only one who can begin to run an offense,you know you are in trouble. I love Polson, but at UK he should only get in games that are blowouts. It is going to be fun to see what happens to the roster between tomorrow and the start of next year. The only thing keeping Cats fans heads up is the huge expectations for next year. I can't be to upset; won it all last year, tanked it this year, hopefully back among the top next year. Can't win them all.

Yet, Cal having a team that he called a player a Selfish M*W#(*(*R found a way to win and we called it "Coaching"!

who's fault is it to recruit the "Best Talent" without having any clue as to whether they can be motivated and coached? Is it the players fault when each of them knew they were selfish to be brought to a team that had no way to coach them?
Kentucky's lazy...thank God the baseball program has heart and hustle!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Correct me if I am wrong, but I do not recall anybody questioning these same players' effort or attitude when the opened the season with a win over Maryland, then lost to Duke by only 7, and later to Louisville by only 3 points. What changed? Were they lazy and unmotivated then?

If not, then nobody can deny that Calipari deserves the lion's share of the blame for the team's declining confidence and level of effort. These freshmen are not bad kids and I don't recall any of them getting into any mischief off court. Coach Cal put the team on cruise control this season and the results are what we saw tonight. The very least a coach can do is put a team on the court that hustles, win or lose.
Stardust Wrote:Yet, Cal having a team that he called a player a Selfish M*W#(*(*R found a way to win and we called it "Coaching"!

who's fault is it to recruit the "Best Talent" without having any clue as to whether they can be motivated and coached? Is it the players fault when each of them knew they were selfish to be brought to a team that had no way to coach them?

This is what worries me about next year, did he miss again on next years players? I think everyone agreed that this years Freshmen class in all of college was weak. Hopefully next years freshmen live up to the hype.The problem is we still will not have a bench with any upper classmen to help.
These players quit a long time ago. Played with no heart for a long time too. They had no respect for their coaches, their school, their fans, and worst of all themselves. When I say they I really mean 4 of them
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Correct me if I am wrong, but I do not recall anybody questioning these same players' effort or attitude when the opened the season with a win over Maryland, then lost to Duke by only 7, and later to Louisville by only 3 points. What changed? Were they lazy and unmotivated then?

If not, then nobody can deny that Calipari deserves the lion's share of the blame for the team's declining confidence and level of effort. These freshmen are not bad kids and I don't recall any of them getting into any mischief off court. Coach Cal put the team on cruise control this season and the results are what we saw tonight. The very least a coach can do is put a team on the court that hustles, win or lose.

I remember fans complaining all year long by lack of hustle and poor attitude. And I think the lack of hustle on the court is what bothers UK fans the most. We are used to seeing players put on the UK jersey and give it their all for the love of the team. As a sports nut, I love the athlete who gives it their all. And anybody who has been around sports has heard over and over, you can't coach hustle. I get so mad at my daughters soccer games when kids do not hustle,it seems so simple to me but the truth is some athletes are born with it and some are not. I really do not think you can coach it. And in Cal's defense (I can't believe I would ever defend Cal's coaching) he could not bench these players to motivate because he had no body on the bench who could play (his fault there is no bench players).
Stardust Wrote:How dare you, you cannot blame the Teflon Don for only being able to win with TALENT and no coaching ability.... It's the players fault that they have ZERO respect for their leaders!!!

[Image: http://coursesite.uhcl.edu/HSH/Whitec/xi...ervice.jpg]

Stardust have you even been watching this season??? If NN doesn't get hurt then UK is in the NCAA and might even be a sweet 16 team. Even Coach Rupp had rough years when the players didn't respond to his coaching. Last season Cal was lucky and had ZERO players miss time to injury or for any other reason. This year RH, WCS, JH, and NN all missed games for one reason or another. That was a big set back for the team! Its tough for any coach to start over with all new starters and then lose the #1 recruit in the USA to injury! Its easy to say the Coach so and so would have won 4 titles with as much talent as UK has had the past 4 years, but its a heck of a lot harder to do! Yes its been a rough year, so have your fun now throwing the SALT in the wound but Cal and the Cats will be back on top SOON! GO BIG BLUE!
Yea cause you can coach WCS to shoot better free throws....

I don't put the blame on Calipari, these players just didn't want it and you could tell that. Only one that came to play was goodwin.
They were NEVER A TEAM!! Just individuals, and a few will be encouraged to leave because of it...
CraftCreeker Wrote:Yea cause you can coach WCS to shoot better free throws....

I don't put the blame on Calipari, these players just didn't want it and you could tell that. Only one that came to play was goodwin.

I thought Goodwin looked like an idiot on the court most of the night. Polson was the only one that showed heart and the desire to win and he does not have the talent to be a player at UK.
SURELY you arent comparing x's and o's between Cal and Stevens?? Cal is a GREAT recruiter but as far as coaching goes. He is AVERAGE, at BEST.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]