3threatBBF Wrote:The usual 5 suspects
Bell County (because of Maci)
Corbin
Whitley County
Harlan County
Clay County

Barbourville (sleeper)
Middlesboro (Stephany and Green)

I'd agree with those five at the top. That's the same order I have.
I think Harlan is in the next group. They just lost one starter and were better than Middlesboro last year.
E's Army Wrote:BobcatForever what are you trying to say? Are you saying that the refs were corrupt? By shady do you think they took money to call it for Corbin? Don't imply something. Just say it.

Not even two days later, at the Boys Sweet 16, Ashurst (the dad) was at the Hyatt Regency lobby/bar with the ref that called the "T" on Stittums from Harlan Co. and 3 of the 4 fouls on Morris from Bell. Not just on Wednesday but Thursday as well. Not implying anything, just stating the facts. What one does with that info is entirely up to you to form your own opinion.
It's funny how people want to call officals out by name but hide behind a screen name!
upintheair Wrote:It's funny how people want to call officals out by name but hide behind a screen name!

Funny how you can hide behind black and white stripes and no one, not coaches, schools, administrators can do anyhing about it. You just have to sit back and watch the crap that goes on and feel helpless because you can do absolutely nothing about it. I am not saying anything but what occurred. If you have any pride about your job as an official, you should avoid any situation that would look inappropriate. Partying at the Sweet 16, with a parent, who is a ref, would be one of those situations.
Not even an offical wouldn't and couldn't do their job. Parents and fans in general are ignorant to basketball.
Welcome to Whitley County's world.....we have been putting up with this good ol'boy referee crap for many years in the 50th and 13th Region. Does anyone really believe Corbin could have won the 50th District Title and 13th Region Title without help? Two of the ref's that called the 50th Championship game were sitting in the Corbin section at the Region games with all their buddies rooting them on. Word has it that they actually went to high school with the Corbin coach.....if this is true....we know they would NOT have a bias for her....These guys really believe that people don't know what they are doing and everything is on the up and up.....So FUNNY!!!!:biglmao:
Who paid for the drinks?
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:Welcome to Whitley County's world.....we have been putting up with this good ol'boy referee crap for many years in the 50th and 13th Region. Does anyone really believe Corbin could have won the 50th District Title and 13th Region Title without help? Two of the ref's that called the 50th Championship game were sitting in the Corbin section at the Region games with all their buddies rooting them on. Word has it that they actually went to high school with the Corbin coach.....if this is true....we know they would NOT have a bias for her....These guys really believe that people don't know what they are doing and everything is on the up and up.....So FUNNY!!!!:biglmao:

The officials have obviously not been doing their job very well, otherwise Corbin would have won the district every year and surely would have made the state tournament another time within the last 31 years.

Everyone in SE Ky seems to hate Corbin, that is except for high school sports officials. Kind of interesting.......
SEKYFAN Wrote:The officials have obviously not been doing their job very well, otherwise Corbin would have won the district every year and surely would have made the state tournament another time within the last 31 years.

Everyone in SE Ky seems to hate Corbin, that is except for high school sports officials. Kind of interesting.......
The Facts as to what happened this year will not be changed by your sarcasm....THE FACTS ARE THE FACTS!!! We all saw what happened at the Sweet Sixteen....funny how Corbin was the one in foul trouble instead of Shelby Valley. The difference was quite large....why you ask??? Because they continued to play the same as they did in the 13th and got away with it....also the other teams best players weren't sitting on the bench. You should be able to figure out the one thing they were not able to take with them to State....Confusednicker: I find this kind of interesting.....::eyeroll:
This is my top 10 in the region

1. Bell County
2. Corbin
3. Harlan County
4. Whitley County
5. Clay County
6. South Laurel
7. Middlesboro
8. Barbourville
9. Harlan
10. Lynn Camp
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:The Facts as to what happened this year will not be changed by your sarcasm....THE FACTS ARE THE FACTS!!! We all saw what happened at the Sweet Sixteen....funny how Corbin was the one in foul trouble instead of Shelby Valley. The difference was quite large....why you ask??? Because they continued to play the same as they did in the 13th and got away with it....also the other teams best players weren't sitting on the bench. You should be able to figure out the one thing they were not able to take with them to State....Confusednicker: I find this kind of interesting.....::eyeroll:

Corbin played the same way defensively as they did all year and still did not get into foul trouble in the state tournament, guess Ashurst was friends with those officials as well. The reason Shelby Valley did not foul much was that they played a 2-3 zone that Corbin did not attack, which is a credit to Shelby Valley. Corbin settled into being a jump shooting team, which in case you don't quite understand, leads to getting fouled less. Corbin shot around 25% from the floor and less than 10% from the 3-point line, which will get you beat every time.
:popcorn:I stand corrected.....I should have said committed a lot of fouls....not they were in foul trouble. But, when Shelby Valley shot somewhere around 24 free throws to Corbin's 6 or 7, I would say that was an undesired stat for Corbin. Show me one game in the 13th where this happened to them all season....I know you will find plenty of games where totals were reversed in their favor.....just one of those things that makes you go hmmmmmmm.......
Basketball Wizzard Wrote::popcorn:I stand corrected.....I should have said committed a lot of fouls....not they were in foul trouble. But, when Shelby Valley shot somewhere around 24 free throws to Corbin's 6 or 7, I would say that was an undesired stat for Corbin. Show me one game in the 13th where this happened to them all season....I know you will find plenty of games where totals were reversed in their favor.....just one of those things that makes you go hmmmmmmm.......

Actually they shot about half of their FT's in the last minute or two when Corbin was trying to foul to try and catch up.

Smith from Whitley Co. shot 19 FT's in the game played against Corbin.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Actually they shot about half of their FT's in the last minute or two when Corbin was trying to foul to try and catch up.

Smith from Whitley Co. shot 19 FT's in the game played against Corbin.

I don't know where you got your stats....but in the 50th District Championship game Corbin shot 30 Free Throws to Whitley's 19 (Not Smith Only). If I had the time I would go through every game Corbin played and count......but I'm sure the percentage would be close to the same. I know we will never agree on this subject....I just know people are really starting to watch these officials.....they need to know it too! :Thumbs:
That is what I would want officals mad me because if they are as dirty as you guys claim don't you think they would for sure put thescrews to you if keep talking about them.
upintheair Wrote:That is what I would want officals mad me because if they are as dirty as you guys claim don't you think they would for sure put thescrews to you if keep talking about them.
Last time I looked we still live in a Democracy....barely....Let's do it your way and keep our mouths shut so they can continue to act like they have all the power to decide every game for what ever reason they choose. Who loses under this scenario.....the players 1st...the schools 2nd....and the families who bare the expense last.... I keep hoping someone from KHSAA will read some of these threads and put a stop to it or take their jobs.....Just call me a dreamer.....There is Right and then there is Wrong...We are really getting tired of this WRONG!:HitWall:
Whitley has a chance of going to state and winning it all this year no doubt.
Barbourville got an addition the first day of school that should make them the favorite to win the all A region and a top 5 or 6 team in the region.
The red headed ref from Corbin is a crook.
Barbourville was already the favorite in the All A and ranked sixth overall. Who did they add?
HDE Wrote:Barbourville was already the favorite in the All A and ranked sixth overall. Who did they add?

The Carnes girl from K C just showed up the first day signed up for classes After watching summer ball I kind of felt life Lynn Camp had Improved more than Barbourville
lillianhidgepork Wrote:The red headed ref from Corbin is a crook.

Who are you talking about?
The big girl from Whitley county going to UK?
She will have to be declared eligible first. She didnt move and still lives on the Creek. Heard the new AD has already filed a complaint with KHSAA.
Where is she?
Bulldawg88 Wrote:The big girl from Whitley county going to UK?

What? Who?
Hitters_Count Wrote:She will have to be declared eligible first. She didnt move and still lives on the Creek. Heard the new AD has already filed a complaint with KHSAA.

The rumors going around is this thing is real heated.a lot of really good gossip going around should be interesting to see how it turns out.
I'm confused... Can someone clarify what is going on?
Olred Wrote:I'm confused... Can someone clarify what is going on?

You have to move to Barbourville for all the drama,Lol. Get you up to date Megan Carnes Knox Centrals Center and top returning player enrolled at Barbourville the first day of school having turned 18 and renting apartment in town over the summer. Coach Mills father who had worked several years in the Ind. system tried to use his influence to keep them from accepting her when this did not work they then tried some contacts they had at the KHSAA . The KHSAA is supposely
investigating who is paying the rent. This is where we stand right now. There are some really good rumors out there but I have no idea if they are true.
Thanks! I had heard that... Well all but the part about mills father. I didn't think anyone listened to him period. I have a lot of family that lives at Little Popular in Knox county and they try to fill me in on the Knox county drama but it usually is more than I can remember.