Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 13th Region (2013-2014)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Who will be top teams and players in 13th next season?
Maci Morris will be the top player in the region by a large margin

1. Bell County
2. Whitley County
3. Corbin
4. Clay County
5. Harlan County
Bell County
Corbin
Whitley County
Harlan County
Clay County

Barbourville
Harlan
Middlesboro
South Laurel
Lynn Camp
1A. Bell County
1B. Whitley County
3. Corbin
4. Harlan County
5. Clay County
6. Barbourville
7. South Laurel
8. Harlan
9. Mboro
10. Lynn Camp
My top 5 teams:

1. Whitley Co.
2. Bell Co.
3. Corbin
4. Harlan Co.
5. Middlesboro

My top 5 players:

1. Maci Morris - Bell Co.
2. Brandi Smith - Whitley Co.
3. Miranda Wilson - Corbin
4. Anajea Stephany - Middlesboro
5. Brooke Massingill - Harlan Co.
Morris was the best player in region this year by a large margin. My Bobcats will be at the top next year.
Morris far and away the best player. Wherever she plays will be the best team.
1. Bell County
2. Whitley County
3. Harlan County
4. Corbin
5. Middlesboro

I would like to say that Whitley would be #1 but Morris is going to be such a dominate player, that even though Whitley may have a better 5, Morris has enough of a supporting cast that she will carry her team to the #1 spot.
I think your going to see a lot of teams going to a diamond and one to stop morris after watching Parsons completly outsmart Bell this year.
Not taking anything away from Corbin in their win vs. Bell because Corbin came to play that night and Bell did not. However, anyone who was at that game would find it laughable to say that Ashurst shut Morris down. What shut Morris down was foul trouble. 2 fouls in the first quarter sent her to the bench. A third fould before the half sent her to the bench. The bench shut her down. If you had counted the shot she made on the charge call and the two free throws she missed she would have had 9 points at the half. If she had been able to stay in the game, who knows. Even at 5 points, that is still more points that Ashurst or Disney average in a season. Where was that pressure in the second half? Do you consider a defensive strategy that allows 22 points in a half a successful one? Dont forget Morris also sat out in the 3rd qtr when she picked up a 4th foul.

Not offended or taking it personal by your post Run or getting my feathers ruffled, but C'MON.
1. Corbin they have the best coach
2. Bell they have the best player
3. South Laurel most improved
4. Whitley will find a way to lose
T1up Wrote:1. Corbin they have the best coach
2. Bell they have the best player
3. South Laurel most improved
4. Whitley will find a way to lose
Sad.....but, TRUE!!! Nothing ever changes at ol' Whitley....they get your hopes up just to dash them....:Sad04:
bball lover Wrote:Not taking anything away from Corbin in their win vs. Bell because Corbin came to play that night and Bell did not. However, anyone who was at that game would find it laughable to say that Ashurst shut Morris down. What shut Morris down was foul trouble. 2 fouls in the first quarter sent her to the bench. A third fould before the half sent her to the bench. The bench shut her down. If you had counted the shot she made on the charge call and the two free throws she missed she would have had 9 points at the half. If she had been able to stay in the game, who knows. Even at 5 points, that is still more points that Ashurst or Disney average in a season. Where was that pressure in the second half? Do you consider a defensive strategy that allows 22 points in a half a successful one? Dont forget Morris also sat out in the 3rd qtr when she picked up a 4th foul.

Not offended or taking it personal by your post Run or getting my feathers ruffled, but C'MON.

Corbin done something right.
She did not play well. Parsons outsmarted Teague that night and it showed.
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:Sad.....but, TRUE!!! Nothing ever changes at ol' Whitley....they get your hopes up just to dash them....:Sad04:

Why so negative?
I dont agree with the coaching hire as well, but its what we got.
Look forward to next year. This will be a very good team.
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:Sad.....but, TRUE!!! Nothing ever changes at ol' Whitley....they get your hopes up just to dash them....:Sad04:

Not happy....find a door and use it.
BriarCreekBrave Wrote:Not happy....find a door and use it.
What door would that be? I will continue to support the girls, not the coach wanna bees.....and I will voice my opinion.....so...:rage:
^^^^^^^^

Sir, are you not smart enough to know that they come as a package deal????
BriarCreekBrave Wrote:Not happy....find a door and use it.

Yeah take the door that says Loserville exit here:biglmao:
Don't overlook Barbourville. They return everyone. Hopefully a starter that quit towards the end of the year will return to make them the team they were to start the year last year.
Who quit?
bball lover Wrote:Not taking anything away from Corbin in their win vs. Bell because Corbin came to play that night and Bell did not. However, anyone who was at that game would find it laughable to say that Ashurst shut Morris down. What shut Morris down was foul trouble. 2 fouls in the first quarter sent her to the bench. A third fould before the half sent her to the bench. The bench shut her down. If you had counted the shot she made on the charge call and the two free throws she missed she would have had 9 points at the half. If she had been able to stay in the game, who knows. Even at 5 points, that is still more points that Ashurst or Disney average in a season. Where was that pressure in the second half? Do you consider a defensive strategy that allows 22 points in a half a successful one? Dont forget Morris also sat out in the 3rd qtr when she picked up a 4th foul.

First off Morris may be the best player to ever come out southeastern Ky. before she is done, and she tried her best to carry Bell in the finals. Bell had no answer for Corbin game plan,I thought sure they would change somthing at halftime but I could not see that they changed anything,I don't remember Morris scoring in there offense set.What she did was went to war on the boards getting offensive putbacks and defensive rebounds and taking it to the hole before Corbin could get there defense set up.Those 6 at points at the end of the game on the breakout and 2 steals was great.
Not sure who the best will be but Knox central will be the worst. They will stay that way untill they get someone who can coach..
Kim Mays
The usual 5 suspects
Bell County (because of Maci)
Corbin
Whitley County
Harlan County
Clay County

Barbourville (sleeper)
Middlesboro (Stephany and Green)
The usual 5 suspects
Bell County (because of Maci)
Corbin
Whitley County
Harlan County
Clay County

Barbourville (sleeper)
Middlesboro (Stephany and Green)
Quote:Not sure who the best will be but Knox central will be the worst. They will stay that way untill they get someone who can coach..
Have to have some talent in order to win games. They will be young, but the Fr. grp and the 7/8th graders will be solid in a couple of years.
The young kids are putting in the time and effort to get better, that hasnt always been the case in the past 3-4 years at KC. Girls avoided the off season and came in expecting to start......No one wants to work for it anymore... too many premadonnas and superstars.
I think coaching has a lot to do with it. KC coach has had 2maybe 3 winning season in 10 plus years. The only school they beat this year that wasn't an single A school was North.
dont mean to be offensive but ashurst and jewell rotate in and out all night and dont commit a foul while gaurding maci come on kinda shady dont u think
^^
Not offensive at all....and you are not the first person to ask a question like that....some parents need to be banned from gyms or contact with........
BobcatForever what are you trying to say? Are you saying that the refs were corrupt? By shady do you think they took money to call it for Corbin? Don't imply something. Just say it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5