Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region (2013-2014)
Olred Wrote:It's big question marks after the top 5, but I would agree with bville and I think North will be much improved but maybe not to that degree. I like the experience that Barbourville has but they still haven't found a way to take that next step. Any word on the status of the appeal for the transfer from Knox? The key for North to be competitive at ALL is Kayla bruners return from acl and the Lawson's girl development and maybe if Jeff Sheppards girl is ready to add to the mix this season. JagNation any idea how Bruner is looking? Still VERY young though. I think Harlan and Middlesboro has some potential to be good this year as well. I really like some of the young kids at Harlan.

The Carnes girl appeal was denied. She is still enrolled at Barbourvile so assume she has gave up basketball. To bad she does not live in the 14th everybody eligible there.
JagNation Wrote:She's doing well. I'm sure the rust will show early, but by the end of the year she will be in good shape. As for Lawson, she won't have to have as much pressure on her with Bruner back. I can't imagine a better 8th grade PG than Lawson. And yes I think Sheppard will play some. We are very young, but that just means we have a lot of room to improve.

North should be a lot better if they stay healthy.
She's a good point guard, but I know Whitley has a very good 8th grade guard in Estes. Harlan County has a good one in Rebecca Middleton.
lawson is a good talent but if she dont learn how to use her left hand good coaches are gonna eat her up.
Jourdan Ledford and the the Lady Green Dragons will definitely be a team to watch in the 52nd and the 13th this year! Ledford is a BIG TIME scorer, putting up 29 against KC in their panorama last friday. Also, Brock, Mitchell, and Bianchi will provide depth and other scoring options for the team... Bianchi, one of the states best high jumpers, will be a force on the inside for years to come...
watched Lynn Camps Varsity beat Bell Co last night at Bell Co.....Lynn Camp played younger kids against Bell co varsity in 2nd and 4th quarter...Lynn Camp will suprise some people this year may need to take another look at those preseason rankings after what i witnessed at Bell Co..
Ballerguy Wrote:watched Lynn Camps Varsity beat Bell Co last night at Bell Co.....Lynn Camp played younger kids against Bell co varsity in 2nd and 4th quarter...Lynn Camp will suprise some people this year may need to take another look at those preseason rankings after what i witnessed at Bell Co..

This is a surprise! How many points did Morris get? How were they able to stop her?:pondering:
Morris had 10 i think ...lynn camp played zone....bell co had no answer for Lynn Camps center she will be a force this year in this region
Morris had about 10 ...lynn camp played zone and lbell co had no answer for lynn camp centre she will be a force this year ....this lynn camp team will suprise ..they only lost one player from there team last year and i think the won over 20 games
Bell won by 23, final was 53-30. However, Bell didn't play very well on the offensive end at all. They didn't shoot the ball very well and seemed to struggle adjusting to the way the came was called. There was a lot of fouls, the game was very choppy and not a lot of flow. Morris had 10, but probably only took 6-7 shots. She is battling an ankle injury and didn't look very comfortable on the floor. Lynn Camp played very hard and will surprise some teams. Both teams did play a lot of kids and sub a lot, Bell played a lot of combinations of kids.
Ballerguy credibility just went out the door.....
Lynn Camp may have its best team this year. Their center could play for anyone. It's also good to see coach Jones have this kind of team after all the years he has put into the program.
Lynn Camp has a shot in the All A this year and probably should have won last year's championship. It would take a big upset for them to beat one of the top five teams in the region though.
They really aren't underrated. They are in the top 10. I don't remember them being ranked this high very often, if ever.
lynn camp didnt play a starter in 2nd or 4th quarter lynn camp won both quarters that varsity played 1st and 3rd...at one time lynn camp had 2 7th graders on floor while bell co starters was playing...bell co has a very good team and morris is a great player and yes i read the middlesboro daily news coverage of the game and score, but it didnt point out that bells varsity played lynn camps jv in second and 4th quarter. and you are right it would take a huge upset to beat them, but i know what i seen.
i read the Middlesboro article about the Lynn Camp and bell co game online the score was 53-30 they dont mention that lynn camp played their jv and freshmen against bell co varsity (including morris and sanders in the 2nd and 4th quarter...Lynn camps varsity beat bell co in the 1st and 3rd quarter when it was varsity vs varsity this i know for a fact as far as that goes im credible...lol lynn camp did not play a starter in 2nd and 4th quarter
Good for the Campers. Coach Jones deserves a good team.