Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
57th District Coaching Changes
World B Free Wrote:Former Betsy Layne coach?

yes. Spoke to a couple of friends in Pulaski County today and they said that Tim Rice (current head girls coach at Southwestern) was interested in JC job, but had not yet officially applied. Waiting to see what teaching jobs are available,if any.
Any news on this job?
It appears that Darrin Rice will be named the JC head coach next week.:flame:
What will this mean for Sheldon Clark? Or I should have said what will Sheldon Clark do?
^Patrick gonna come with him?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
^^ I sure hope not. Hopefully coach rice won't go either. I think sc will have a better team for at least 3 more years.
Hope that Rice does return home and Pat comes with him. They will both be great assests to the school.
Who is Patrick?
^Coach Rice's son.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Is this official? Did they interview anyone else? In my opinion, they may have hired the wrong Rice. Darrin Rice is a good coach, don't get me wrong. I just feel that Tim Rice from Southwestern would have been the best choice, he has had a lot of success with taking young players and developing them into a good team in a short period of time. I think this is where the JC program is, at this point in time. Like I said before they had a short list of some very good coaches. Johnson Central was in a classic win-win situation in this coaching search.
Watson in at Johnson Central, Pup Miller back in at Magoffin County and Coach Rice back at Sheldon Clark. See what it feels like this year to be pressed when a team is up on you by 30.
World B Free Wrote:Who is Patrick?

Remind me someone if his son can immediately play for JC if he does come back?
ERblue4ever Wrote:Watson in at Johnson Central, Pup Miller back in at Magoffin County and Coach Rice back at Sheldon Clark. See what it feels like this year to be pressed when a team is up on you by 30.

magoffin make a change?
Basketball Guru Wrote:Is this official? Did they interview anyone else? In my opinion, they may have hired the wrong Rice. Darrin Rice is a good coach, don't get me wrong. I just feel that Tim Rice from Southwestern would have been the best choice, he has had a lot of success with taking young players and developing them into a good team in a short period of time. I think this is where the JC program is, at this point in time. Like I said before they had a short list of some very good coaches. Johnson Central was in a classic win-win situation in this coaching search.

Interviews have not be completed as of yet. Heard they were a few weeks away. So we shall see.
Darren Rice interviewed this week, not sure about anyone else though.
Lefty Wrote:Darren Rice interviewed this week, not sure about anyone else though.

:Thumbs:
Rice or miller both good coaches!
Heard that they have had 3 interviews. Darren Rice, Bill Watson and Randy Ward... Not sure when they will announce anything or if they will have more interviews.
I do not post often, but was talking with a good source at JC and the job is not filled. They felt like Rice would get the job. Watson had some issues with the way he left UPike. Some of his UPike grads from JC do not speak highly of him as a coach.

Rice's son I think starts at the Middle School this year. At HES he was the starting point guard and the football QB, a good athelte.
Sure hope things work out for Rice. Believe he is a good fit for the girls' program. He's great with kids. However, I'm sure not everyone will be happy, but we all know there is no way to make everyone happy. Do what is best for kids, not adults!
It is official, Darrin Rice is the new girls coach for Johnson Central.
MonsterMan Wrote:I do not post often, but was talking with a good source at JC and the job is not filled. They felt like Rice would get the job. Watson had some issues with the way he left UPike. Some of his UPike grads from JC do not speak highly of him as a coach.

Rice's son I think starts at the Middle School this year. At HES he was the starting point guard and the football QB, a good athelte.

Rice's son started at Forward for the Varsity at SC. He is a JR this up coming season. Don't know if he has a younger son.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
slingblade93 Wrote:It is official, Darrin Rice is the new girls coach for Johnson Central.

Trust... then verify!
Derek Forrest tweeted yesterday that Johnson Central would be naming a new head coach today. No names where mentioned
Strikeout King Wrote:Derek Forrest tweeted yesterday that Johnson Central would be naming a new head coach today. No names where mentioned

4:30 this afternoon
OffTheHook Wrote:Rice's son started at Forward for the Varsity at SC. He is a JR this up coming season. Don't know if he has a younger son.

Yes he has a younger son, who will be at the middle school next year. Heard he is a really good athlete.
Did Sheldon Clark's Coach get the job? I seen on the listerv that Sheldon Clark is now accepting applications for the head coaching position
Strikeout King Wrote:Did Sheldon Clark's Coach get the job? I seen on the listerv that Sheldon Clark is now accepting applications for the head coaching position

Yes Rice got the job.
Bubbles Wrote:Yes he has a younger son, who will be at the middle school next year. Heard he is a really good athlete.

I found this out today. Thanks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
What does Sheldon Clark have returning?