Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 57th District Coaching Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I heard from a reliable source that Pup Miller was going to apply for the Head Coaching Job at Johnson Central as soon as it is posted.

With his resume; he would definately have to be considered a front runner for the Lady Eagle job!
Is it going to be open?
Head Coach Rice from Sheldon Clark was moving back to JC.
Why did she step down as coach because I thought they had a good year
Bubbles Wrote:Head Coach Rice from Sheldon Clark was moving back to JC.

Can anybody confirm this?
it is fact she resigned, but does anyone see JC hiring him back?
Well if not him, then how about the Watson rumor?
I'll take Rice and Watson and give anyone else the field. Any takers..........

:yesno:
I had not heard that Watson was interested.
^He has a daughter on the team. Any of the three would be a good hire.
Have heard Coach Spurlock was interested in moving over to the girls basketball side from the boys. He also has daughters that would be playing. Wish him the best!
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Have heard Coach Spurlock was interested in moving over to the girls basketball side from the boys. He also has daughters that would be playing. Wish him the best!

rumor is, is that Mckenzie is taking the principal job, then Spurlock would step into the boys job.
magic man Wrote:rumor is, is that Mckenzie is taking the principal job, then Spurlock would step into the boys job.
Glad you listed it as a rumor.Because that is exactly what it is.There is nothing to this story.I am going to assure you 100%.Coach Mckenzie is the coach and will be.As for Spurlock he seems to have a good team why would he leave them.The Girls coaching job is open yes.Has he applied NO.
Pup has won Six 57th District Championships, Two 15th Region Championships, One 15th Region All "A" Championship and has won games in the KHSAA Sweet Sixteen and The All "A" Sweet Sixteen.
If he can do that while coaching at a small school like Magoffin. Then think what he could do at the school with the largest enrollment and tallent in the region.
So why would he not be considered for the job?
Tricky Wrote:Pup has won Six 57th District Championships, Two 15th Region Championships, One 15th Region All "A" Championship and has won games in the KHSAA Sweet Sixteen and The All "A" Sweet Sixteen.
If he can do that while coaching at a small school like Magoffin. Then think what he could do at the school with the largest enrollment and tallent in the region.
So why would he not be considered for the job?

Third horse in a three horse race.
I hear ya Thomcat!
dozerdawg707 Wrote:I hear ya Thomcat!

Friday night and dozerdawg707 is alive and well.
When will they decide and then make it public?
Tricky, check your sources.
Tricky you must really want miller to take the jc girls job. What did magoffin do to make you mad it dont take much over there. Lol
Hearing Estills coach maybe in the running as he is having problems over there with a lot of parents.
Do you mean Mark McKinley from Estill Co. in the 14th region?

What kind of talent to they have coming back? what do they have coming up out of the ms program?
World B Free Wrote:Do you mean Mark McKinley from Estill Co. in the 14th region?

What kind of talent to they have coming back? what do they have coming up out of the ms program?

Don't pay any attention to lilian she's a moron. McKinley isn't going anywhere, coming straight from the Admin. They have a solid group coming back, they'll be better in next year then they were this past year and even better in 14/15.
So Pup Miller, Watson, Darrin Rice are the only one in the race for the job!
World B Free Wrote:So Pup Miller, Watson, Darrin Rice are the only one in the race for the job!

No, I hear (rumor) one more candidate has thrown name in the hat. If he did, it will become 4 horse race. With these 4 candidates, Johnson Central will have tough decision, it may come down to available teaching jobs. I will let everyone know about this rumor as soon as I check with a few people to make sure it is true.
Basketball Guru Wrote:No, I hear (rumor) one more candidate has thrown name in the hat. If he did, it will become 4 horse race. With these 4 candidates, Johnson Central will have tough decision, it may come down to available teaching jobs. I will let everyone know about this rumor as soon as I check with a few people to make sure it is true.

Certain with Watson's educational background there will be a position open at the HS for him. Do not know Pup's educational area and not certain if position would be open for Rice in his grade area.
Basketball Guru Wrote:No, I hear (rumor) one more candidate has thrown name in the hat. If he did, it will become 4 horse race. With these 4 candidates, Johnson Central will have tough decision, it may come down to available teaching jobs. I will let everyone know about this rumor as soon as I check with a few people to make sure it is true.

Former 16th Region Coach?
HD28 Wrote:Former 16th Region Coach?

No. I heard that also. I am talking about current 12th region coach. Not sure if this is true or not, just heard it might be a possibility.
Former Betsy Layne coach?
Seems like I've heard Tim Rice's name mentioned in some 15th region vacancies over the years. Would love to see him back in the region coaching.
Pages: 1 2 3