Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg backup QB Grigsby to Breathitt?
hawg laig Wrote:So what does he do now? Stay a Bobcat and hope for the best and a starting QB job? Leave with Holcomb and go to LCC, or return to P-burg? Will he be eligible at LCC or P-burg if he leaves? Hate it for the kid, but he and his parents should have seen this as a possiblity.

I was wondering the same thing Hawg. Maybe The Pit could enlighten us on the situation.
Grigsby is very happy at Breathitt. I know his parents were well aware of the possibility that Holcomb may leave next year. Regaurdles of who gets the head job at Breathitt he will be fine.I know very little about who will be Breathitt's next coach will be but I can tell you for a fact Grigsby will not go to LCC or return to Prestonsburg.
He's a good kid. I wish him the best of luck with the Bobcats.
Good luck to you Cory. Best wishes to you on a great season. Hope i can catch a game or two next year.
hawg laig Wrote:So what does he do now? Stay a Bobcat and hope for the best and a starting QB job? Leave with Holcomb and go to LCC, or return to P-burg? Will he be eligible at LCC or P-burg if he leaves? Hate it for the kid, but he and his parents should have seen this as a possiblity.

I can assure you, his parents did see this as a possibility and were aware of Holcomb leaving probably before anyone else did. Seems as though everyone is forgetting grigsby is a breathitt co native. His dad was born and raised there, he was born there, this is where the kid is from. Who the coach is, or will be had nothing to do with his transfer. He was born a bobcat and will remain a bobcat.
What no one seems to be mentioning is the fact grigsby is a breathitt co native. His dad, born and raised there, he was born there. Who the coach is or will be had nothing to do with his transfer.
IMO, grigsby & his parents didn't need to consider any of this new coach stuff. I don't think he went looking to be BHS starting QB, looking for the fame & glory. He's just not that kind of kid. This kid lives & breaths the sport, more heart than any I've seen. I think he just wants to be a part of something special, like breathitt football offers. He went looking for someplace where he could be coached, whoever it ends up being, and not siting outside the locker room on the ground during halftime while only the "supa stars" get the opportunity to not only play but also be coached. I'm just saying.[INDENT][/INDENT]
Tbonejames Wrote:IMO, grigsby & his parents didn't need to consider any of this new coach stuff. I don't think he went looking to be BHS starting QB, looking for the fame & glory. He's just not that kind of kid. This kid lives & breaths the sport, more heart than any I've seen. I think he just wants to be a part of something special, like Breathitt football offers. He went looking for someplace where he could be coached, whoever it ends up being, and not siting outside the locker room on the ground during halftime while only the "supa stars" get the opportunity to not only play but also be coached. I'm just saying.[INDENT][/INDENT]

Unless this is Grigsby himself, I think this is an elementary and un-knowledgeable person to the fact of his initial decision. With confirmed emails and text messages to prove my point, Grigsby left Pburg to be Breathitt Co.'s starting QB. I am sure he was informed that Holcomb was going to leave be took the chance anyway. I don't think he will be the starting QB on varsity since Holcomb left. He was promised a shot at QB at BC before leaving Pburg; that is why he left.

Now, it would be hard to stay at Pburg and be a QB behind Jarrell since they are in the same class but those are the risks and chances you take. There were other opportunities available for Corey at Pburg. I am sure the staff and players would welcome him back at Pburg because he is a great kid and dedicated, he was just wrongfully informed and miss-led from personnel at BC.

As far as him being eligible, as long as he didnt play in any varsity games and he transferred before the season...he would be eligible to play.

I wish him luck and hope he does great wherever he stays or goes. Great Kid!!
Cory is already eligible to play...I think Breathitt might still need a QB even with Holcomb Leaving.....