Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
History Channels "The Bible"
Beetle01 Wrote:This thread reminds me of this pie chart I saw on the History channel.

[Image: http://www.shawnallison.com/wp-content/u...nel746.png]

This makes me think of The Learning Channel (TLC) name one show on that channel that teaches you anything???
Pulp Fiction Wrote:The vast majority of our Nation does not Fear God.

And I believe in my heart the only reason God has not destroyed The United States yet is because their are still some righteous people in this land unlike Sodom and Gomorrah.

What about regions that have no Christianity religion?
Fun fact for the day, Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed by an asteroid that struck in austria with the fragments raining hellish fire on the middle east, In other words exactly what the Old Testament describes. In other words again proving that the bible is not a book of myths but a book of facts, this one being that Gods wrath destroyed a civilazation for their lack of piety.

http://www.universetoday.com/13560/evide...-gomorrah/

Typical scientific types trying to discount the bible after proving what it says is true lol. But to us believers this is more proof in our faith.
I absolutely love this show, excited for the next one!
I liked the Vikings too but not near as much...I'm going to keep watching it and not give up on it so early because I've been looking forward to it for so long, haha.

I know The Bible would be great though, it was even better than I thought it'd be.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:What about regions that have no Christianity religion?

God dealt with this in Romans 1:20 (KJV)
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

He has revealed himself to all men through His Creation. Since we are part of "the things that were made" the intricacy of the universe instills awe in us when we look upon it. No excuses for anybody, no free passes. :biggrin: Neither will they be left out of God's kingdom
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^ to add to that. It says I. The bible that all me will have heard about Christ and be given an opportunity to follow him.

With YouTube and the Internet it's easy to see how evrybody can have that chance. And it also gives an idea as to how some of the prophecies are possible.
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:What about regions that have no Christianity religion?

TheRealThing Wrote:God dealt with this in Romans 1:20 (KJV)
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

He has revealed himself to all men through His Creation. Since we are part of "the things that were made" the intricacy of the universe instills awe in us when we look upon it. No excuses for anybody, no free passes. :biggrin: Neither will they be left out of God's kingdom

:AngelPray
Pulp Fiction Wrote::AngelPray

There are clearly some people on earth who has never heard the gospel?
Lol Sunday needs to hurry up!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:There are clearly some people on earth who has never heard the gospel?

Respectfully, I'll give it one more try. God put an awareness of Him (his power and the Godhead) into everybody that ever walked this earth. Therefore noone may use the excuse that they didn't know. Some folks never heard the Gospel, and surely there are some folks alive today who have not heard the Gospel. But, like I said, God made provision for that situation in that He put a knowledge of the "invisible things of Him (God)" into every man. He has revealed Himself to be real and His power to be unfathomable, through the created universe and therefore, no man has any excuse. Added to that is the fact that God knows every last thought of every last man that ever walked the planet. He knows our heart and He knows who would have made a formal commitment if, like Vundy mentioned, they had ever had the opportunity to go to church.

Romans 1:20 (KJV)
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I would like to see this series, I don't have the History Channel. Maybe we will invest in the DVD series when it comes out if it is not too expensive.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarons Wrote:I would like to see this series, I don't have the History Channel. Maybe we will invest in the DVD series when it comes out if it is not too expensive.

You need to man, it's one of the best shows I've ever watched. Not just favorite religion based show. They have done a heck of a job so far, and glad that bias was left out of it.
TheRealThing Wrote:Respectfully, I'll give it one more try. God put an awareness of Him (his power and the Godhead) into everybody that ever walked this earth. Therefore noone may use the excuse that they didn't know. Some folks never heard the Gospel, and surely there are some folks alive today who have not heard the Gospel. But, like I said, God made provision for that situation in that He put a knowledge of the "invisible things of Him (God)" into every man. He has revealed Himself to be real and His power to be unfathomable, through the created universe and therefore, no man has any excuse. Added to that is the fact that God knows every last thought of every last man that ever walked the planet. He knows our heart and He knows who would have made a formal commitment if, like Vundy mentioned, they had ever had the opportunity to go to church.

Romans 1:20 (KJV)
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: :biggrin:

There are parts of the world where religious freedom is not an option. Therefor some people dont know there is an almighty loving god. Are you saying without any teachings. Church, Pastors, Preachers and anyone to continue the story of Jesus and our Lord that everyone would still know him?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:There are parts of the world where religious freedom is not an option. Therefor some people dont know there is an almighty loving god. Are you saying without any teachings. Church, Pastors, Preachers and anyone to continue the story of Jesus and our Lord that everyone would still know him?

Nope. I'm saying that even though there is lack of those things you just mentioned. God said He has revealed Himself and His unimaginable power through Creation.

Romans 1:20 "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made"

And, that even though some folks never hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ, God knows the true inner heart of every man and consequently, who would have accepted Him as Lord and Savior had they the chance to do so and therefore has made special provision for them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wildcatk23 Wrote:There are parts of the world where religious freedom is not an option. Therefor some people dont know there is an almighty loving god. Are you saying without any teachings. Church, Pastors, Preachers and anyone to continue the story of Jesus and our Lord that everyone would still know him?

This was my number 1 question throughout life in dealing with religion....seriously.
Im glad you brought it up. I totally understand where your coming from and what your saying. It also falls into that whole, if they never know any different, then how can they know better?

After discussing things with several different people and pastors, the one conclusion ive always got as an answer is in the Apostle Paul's argument in the New Testament book of Romans, that all people know God by creation and by their own consciences. Despite knowing God, they suppress the truth and are guilty, deserving to be punished
TheRealThing Wrote:Nope. I'm saying that even though there is lack of those things you just mentioned. God said He has revealed Himself and His unimaginable power through Creation.

Romans 1:20 "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made"

And, that even though some folks never hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ, God knows the true inner heart of every man and consequently, who would have accepted Him as Lord and Savior had they the chance to do so and therefore has made special provision for them.

Its just if someone doesnt know about God, Never hears of him, it seems a little unfair.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:This was my number 1 question throughout life in dealing with religion....seriously.
Im glad you brought it up. I totally understand where your coming from and what your saying. It also falls into that whole, if they never know any different, then how can they know better?

After discussing things with several different people and pastors, the one conclusion ive always got as an answer is in the Apostle Paul's argument in the New Testament book of Romans, that all people know God by creation and by their own consciences. Despite knowing God, they suppress the truth and are guilty, deserving to be punished

I have the same issue.
^^Me too.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Its just if someone doesnt know about God, Never hears of him, it seems a little unfair.

I understand what you're saying. Just keep this in mind. If you can feel compassion for them, how much more does God, who ordained their existence and designed everything about them down to the tiniest bit of DNA code? He has made allowance for them as is plainly stated in Romans 1:20. Do I know exactly what that allowance is? In a word, no. But, rest assured, those worthy of eternal life with Him, will not be shut out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
There are some preachers out there in the world that believe those who do not or never have known anything about christianity and have been suppressed from it there entire lives can enter heaven, however the general consensus among the christian faith is what TRT and I stated above which is you must be saved and acknowledge the one being and ask for his forgiveness.
I guess you could say this is the point where, as Christians, were suppose to prophet and witness for the Savior and spread the word. Which, in essence, is the whole reasons for missionary trips and such IMO.