Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will the Zags get a #1 seed?
^
I dont think so.
I think Indiana, Florida, Duke, or Michigan wins out they will get the overall number 1 seed over Gonzaga.

Gonzaga may not get the looks because of being a mid major, but its also because there Schedule is no where near that of any of those other teams.
zaga_fan Wrote:At this point I think they have to win out.
To my knowledge they are the only team in the polls with only 2 losses...
by most standards that would be enough to be the outright #1 team, but because of their status as a mid-major they don't get that kind of love from the pollsters.

Something else to chew on...
IU has a couple of tests and a tourney ahead of them.
If they drop a game (or two) and Gonzaga wins out....
Will the pollsters give them the #1 overall seed?

If Gonzaga wins out and Indiana drops one or even two, I still say Indiana (probably undeservedly) gets the number one overall seed because they are in a BCS conference and arguably the toughest BCS conference in basketball this season. If not Indiana, Duke would get it if they won out.

Basically what I'm saying is I don't think the Zags have much of a shot at the number one overall seed. I don't think it's fair, but that's just the way it is.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:If Gonzaga wins out and Indiana drops one or even two, I still say Indiana (probably undeservedly) gets the number one overall seed because they are in a BCS conference and arguably the toughest BCS conference in basketball this season. If not Indiana, Duke would get it if they won out.

Basically what I'm saying is I don't think the Zags have much of a shot at the number one overall seed. I don't think it's fair, but that's just the way it is.

The other day Lunardi had them listed as the #3 seed behind IU and Miami.
I would imagine they have moved up to #2 after the Miami upset.

So they would take over the #1 spot if Indiana dropped one or two...
BUT if another team wins out they could get jumped.
Gonzaga typically has one of the strongest schedules in the nation...
but they've dropped some big contracts as the years have went by and now they don't have that benefit.
zaga_fan Wrote:The other day Lunardi had them listed as the #3 seed behind IU and Miami.
I would imagine they have moved up to #2 after the Miami upset.

So they would take over the #1 spot if Indiana dropped one or two...
BUT if another team wins out they could get jumped.

They are the #2 one seed currently according to Lunardi. And rightfully so.

If Duke, Florida, Michigan, or Indiana win out, I say the Zags get jumped unfortunately. I hope that doesn't happen because I would like to see Mark Few get some respect among the elite college coaches. When you think of great mid-major coaches, you think of Brad Stevens because of the back-to-back title appearances. People forget about Few, but I think this is the year that he and Gonzaga will make a deep run in the tournament and earn some respect.
I think they get a 1 seed and think they actually deserve it and won't choke int be Tourny this year. I always pick them to get beat early, and they do, because of the disappointing team a while back we all had picked to go decently far and got beat early. This year, they're for real in my opinion.
Hoosiers are on upset alert against Tubby's Gophers right now!
Odds are better now. IU and Florida go down.
Yes
The Zags went undefeated in the WCC and won the conference tourney.

Now we wait...
The #1 #1!
^first number one out???

Did anybody else see the rap video with the cal diss? Why is it when a school makes a rap video they must include the cats somehow lol.
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.