Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southwestern 2013 Schedule
From the look of it on Riherds, the running game wasn't very good and the passing game was anemic. What makes people think this season will be better?
PaytoPlay Wrote:From the look of it on Riherds, the running game wasn't very good and the passing game was anemic. What makes people think this season will be better?

Don't forget the defensive scheme that yielded 33 points per game...
Norm Peterson Wrote:Don't forget the defensive scheme that yielded 33 points per game...
Exactly.. Until they get someone other than pee-wee coaches to coach the defense nothing on that side of the ball will improve.
WarriorProud Wrote:Great numbers in the weight room and got some of the gonna be Jrs back on the team should be a good year at SW and can't wait for the next few years to see what Speaks says after they get waxed you ran from these teams coming up in middle school.

Would you want to make an avatar bet on this year's game? Southwestern should be ashamed to have an overall losing record to Somerset like they do. That will continue this season, I'll even give you 14 points.
Santa Monica Wrote:Please don't try to compare Southwestern's program to Pulaski's.

Same number of Regional Titles over the last 4 seasons. Same number of Regional Titles ever. Same record vs. Somerset (0-2) over the last 4 years. Worse record vs Somerset for Pulaski or worse record since the split overall.
In my opinion, Southwestern and Pulaski County are pretty similar football programs. The overall series is pretty close, however, the Maroons have won five of the past six against the Warriors. Southwestern has one regional championship (2011) and Pulaski County has one regional championship (2009). With that being said, Johnny Hines has done an outstanding job with PC's program, and it's on the rise.
According to our schedule Belfry and Southwestern play this year. Any truth to that.
proud44pirate Wrote:According to our schedule Belfry and Southwestern play this year. Any truth to that.

Yep. It's at Southwestern this year.
What has happened out at Southwestern? Has the team soured on the coaching staff in less than 2 full years? Last year's starting quarterback has transferred to Russell County and at least one other starter has transferred to Somerset. Numbers are down and they are coming off of a 3-7 season (in which the 3 teams they defeated finished with a combined 5-28 record). Is this what the administration wants? They brought in Coach Stephens as a head coach in waiting and ran off the previous head coach and assistants. Things sure seem amiss.
Is Southwestern going to be scrimmaging against Rockcastle County?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Think I read it on the rock thread that they were.
panther nation Wrote:Think I read it on the rock thread that they were.

Ok, I thought I had heard that from someone. I have to check it out. I would like to go to it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Think I just read it was on the 16th not sure of time.
panther nation Wrote:Think I just read it was on the 16th not sure of time.

Kick off at 7
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Kick off at 7

Awesome! Thanks for the info!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
36 Blitz: Southwestern Warriors

3 teams battle for Somerset every season.

2 are cross-town rivals in the same district of class 5A.

Southwestern is hoping it not only wins Somerset, but takes the district crown from Pulaski once again.

Keenan Singleton has more in the video.

http://www.wtvq.com/content/localsports/...Xgl9g.cspx
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You're pretty much dead on. The only thing that I will add is that the HC came up with the brilliant idea this season of only having players play one way. In the Wayne Co game the defense was on the field until they were worn down. The offensive line, who saw very little playing time, stood on the sidelines and watched. I'm not saying all players are good on both sides of the ball, but fresh legs are better than no legs and our defense had none late in the game.